AKL or Polynesian for Honeymoon?? What would you choose?

firefawnkimmy

Mouseketeer
In our infamous quest for the perfect honeymoon resort we are now adding the Polynesian to our list of choices! So if you were on your honeymoon, on the adventurous side, were not using Disney Transportation so could care less about the monorail benefits, proximity to park, or speed of bus service, and like having a wide selection of quick cafeteria style foods for breakfast, but are private people, what would you enjoy better and why? The AKL or Polynesian?

Thanks so much again!

Although I don't think you could go wrong with either one I would choose AKL. The resort is very secluded and quiet and very romantic.

I'm not sure about the quick cafeteria style breakfasts but I would pick the Poly for the beautiful view of the castle, beach, waterviews as well as its proximity to other resorts to visit for other meals such as GF and WL. So romantic..........

I love the AKL too. If you want remoteness than I would pick this resort. It is beautiful.:) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

If nothing else the chances of getting a king bed at the AKL are significantly higher than at the Polynesian.

Anne

I just read another post you have about least favorite resorts. Since you have already stayed at the Poly and the GF I would not stay at the Poly. I would pick something new for you both. I would then go with the AKL, although my personal preference would be at the Yacht Club or Boardwalk Inn. I like being near water and having lot of choices of where to dine and love the boat rides to Epcot and MGM. Walking to and from Epcot in the evening is very so special.

I would also recommend AKL--we stayed there for our honeymoon this past August and had a wonderful time! We were upgraded to a Savannah view with a king bed. It was such a unique resort--there's nothing like waking up to see what animals are outside of your balcony! The restaurants were great too! Hope you give it a try! Here's the resort report from my honeymoon. Hope it helps! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=423041

I'd say AKL...but then again, I'm partially biased (we got engaged during our stay there, and we're honeymooning there too)...

I say Poly. It is the resort I have always pictured myself as honeymooning at... We will be there on our honeymoon in July!

I definately will post when we decide! lol Now if we could stop being indecisive b/c we only have 7 days left of our complimentary "hold" on our savannah AKL room! I am letting my fiance make the final decision though since he has only ever been to the All Stars and I realllllly want this to be special for him seeing hes only been to Disney twice, and I 11! Thank you all so so sooo much for all of the advice and input. Its truly been valuable! And the revues and pictures were worth so much in our decision making process so thank you! Now were just waying all the options! Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter