AKL online check-in requests

KJay

DIS Veteran
Doing online check-in for my upcoming AKL stay, and one of the options for requests (along with close to lobby, near transportation, etc.) is Savannah Sunset View. Isn't this an upgraded room category? Why would this be an option when I have a standard room booked? Thanks.

Doing online check-in for my upcoming AKL stay, and one of the options for requests (along with close to lobby, near transportation, etc.) is Savannah Sunset View. Isn't this an upgraded room category? Why would this be an option when I have a standard room booked? Thanks.

I suspect the selections are the same for all AK Lodge guests, rather than being customized to the specific room category - I suppose it couldn't hurt to check it and see what happens. At worst, they offer you a paid upgrade that you can decline.

I will admit that I read the thread because a couple weeks back I asked the very question it seems you can answer - what *are* the options for online check-in at AKL? In fact, "Sunset Savannah" is exactly what we want, along with "close to pool", because I hope to be close to the fitness center.

Can you recall the list? Usually it includes "ground floor" and "upper floor", as well as a couple that are specific to the resort.

Some of the rooms on Sunset Savannah are obstructed views so they are considered standard instead of savannah view. I have been in one of these rooms and it was great.

I suspect the selections are the same for all AK Lodge guests, rather than being customized to the specific room category - I suppose it couldn't hurt to check it and see what happens. At worst, they offer you a paid upgrade that you can decline.

I will admit that I read the thread because a couple weeks back I asked the very question it seems you can answer - what *are* the options for online check-in at AKL? In fact, "Sunset Savannah" is exactly what we want, along with "close to pool", because I hope to be close to the fitness center.

Can you recall the list? Usually it includes "ground floor" and "upper floor", as well as a couple that are specific to the resort.

I'm not sure you can get close to the pool and Sunset Savanna - here's a map (post 1) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3158918
and here (post #2) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3160351&highlight=akl+map
Zebra and Giraffe trail are closest to the the pool. Zebra trail rooms overlook Arusha or Uzima Savannas or the pool and Giraffe trail rooms overlook the front of the resort or the pool.
Sunset Savanna rooms are located on the opposite side of the resort on Kudu or Ostrich trail - so a room assigner can give you Sunset Savanna (limited view) or close to pool, but probably asking for both would be confusing.

The options I got for requests were ground floor, upper floor, highest floor, lower floor, near lobby, near elevator, Sunset Savanna view, Kudo Trail view, and near transportation. You can select two.

The options I got for requests were ground floor, upper floor, highest floor, lower floor, near lobby, near elevator, Sunset Savanna view, Kudo Trail view, and near transportation. You can select two.

I just returned and had booked a Standard view room at AKL. When I did online check in, I selected Kudu trail & Upper Floor. I got both and had a wonderful view of the Sunset Savanna! No way was it obstructed! I selected Kudu trail because it pretty much guaranteed me a savanna view. I posted a few pics a couple of days ago and a brief review on the AKL thread if you would like to check them out!

I did early check in for our AKL stay this morning and the check-in options for us(we have reserved a savannah view kidani studio) are:

Upper Floor
Pembe Savannah view
Lower Floor
Sunset Savannah
Near Lobby
Near Elevator

It would only let me choose two (we wanted Lower Floor, Near Lobby, Sunset Savannah) however after I chose two and completed my check in I was able to go back in and add one more.

I'm not sure you can get close to the pool and Sunset Savanna . . .

I was unclear. We're staying at Kidani, where the combination is decidedly easier!

I'm guessing that the "request options" will be similar if not identical, other than the savanna names.

I was unclear. We're staying at Kidani, where the combination is decidedly easier!

I'm guessing that the "request options" will be similar if not identical, other than the savanna names.

Kidani only has one Savannah. If you request near lobby you will almost guarantee a view of the road should your request be granted. If you request near pool you may get a view of the pool but also could get the back of the Savannah (Pumba section). if you want the best chance of a Savannah request Pumba section but it is a long walk from the lobby but close to the pool. I am not sure of there are other Savannah view rooms that are considered Standard view as they may be some looking forward towards Jambo house that have a fence below it or similar...

Kidani only has one Savannah.

Sunset is the big one, between Kidani and Jambo. On the other side of the building, just north of the pool area, is the Pembe Savanna, which is fairly small, and not many rooms overlook it. We had this view last time and we did enjoy it, but the wife wants to overlook the bigger savanna this time.

All we really need is a room in the northern half of the resort facing the Sunset and that will work for us.

:rotfl2: - never mind, then.

Sunset is the big one, between Kidani and Jambo. On the other side of the building, just north of the pool area, is the Pembe Savanna, which is fairly small, and not many rooms overlook it. We had this view last time and we did enjoy it, but the wife wants to overlook the bigger savanna this time.

All we really need is a room in the northern half of the resort facing the Sunset and that will work for us.
It's fear of getting a Pembe savanna view that causes me to stick w/ Jambo - not that Okapi aren't lovely animals, I just prefer Giraffes:)

With online check in, how do you request the room arrangements....one single bed and not two?

Just tried to do online check-in, but only received the options of: upper floor, lower floor, near lobby, near elevator.
We are in a dvc studio in Jambo house, so we will be 5th floor.
Can you no longer request a certain hallway/trail through online check-in now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter