AKL Lovers - tell me why the bus ride issue doesn't bother you?

We stayed AKL and loved the transportation. Everything was quick and efficient. One day there were a lot of people wanting to go to MK and the CM working at the bus stop noticed that we all wouldn't fit on one bus and called for another bus to show up. We didn't get on the first one, but 2 minutes later another empty bus showed up for us. Sure you don't get monorails or boats, but you get a freakin' Giraffe outside your hotel room! Totally beats a boat any day!

We stayed at AKL 12 nights last August, and bus didn't bother us at all. Our first stay Kidani wasn't finished, so bus service was a little better, not sharing. But it's still not bad.
The only thing I think is unfair, is that aside from the DTD bus, Kidani always gets picked up first, and dropped off first. I feel it should be divided up a bit more fairly.

I'm probably who you are looking for because I avoided the AKL because it was "too far away". But the past year I've been multiple times and bought an annual pass. Soooo...... For ME, worst travel experience was YC. But only because my kids are little and most of out time is AK and MK. but I swear, I could SEE the MK and it took us forever to get there between the waiting and the seriously long routes/multiple stops. I was frustrated.

I was expecting that at AKL. BUT have been at the bus stop bt 8:15 and made it to RD e Rey time at AKL. Didn't even make that happen on the monorail! It takes time, sure, but not much more than the other hotels. And he AKL dedication just made me feel better. I was never stressed or worried about transportation because my eectations were low and service was high.

Seriously, my experience with the cast, uniqueness of the property, and quality of the food/transportation were fabulous. I loved it. Every time. But if you don't understand that a savannah means a sprawling hotel and that the food has a little unique touch, you should stay more mainstream. Just depends on what you are looking for! Trust your instinct, you will always know best what fits you. There is a resort for everyone! So go ith what fits your family style and travel priorities the best. I (personally) think that AKL has the best theme and unique experience of any hotel on property. So I don't mind the commute. And LOVE the food. Which makes 4 minutes ore on a bus totally worth it. You decide and GOOD LUCK! My experience is that there is no bad choice!

Have yet to stay at AKL (two more weeks,) but this was the reason I stayed away for so long. I am in Epcot fan and therefore the Boardwalk resorts are my favorites for the obvious reasons of being able to walk. However, last year we went to AKL to look around and eat lunch at Sanaa. We fell in love. Now we are staying there, but only as a split stay. We plan to go to the places where we would need a bus anyway such as Typhoon Lagoon, DTD, AK while staying there. We are saving MK for the days we stay at BLT. As an AP holder, we really like the luxury of being able to just walk in and out of whatever park we want whenever we want and so for us AKL is probably not something we would do on a regular basis as we really really need to stay close Epcot.

I stayed at AKL this past May for the first time and had no problem with the buses. We never waited more then 10 minutes for a bus and the rides are not as bad as some people make then out for be. The resort is totally worth checking out! It's a favorite for me now!

Wow!!!! You are all amazing! Thank you for ALL of the thoughtful and informative responses! So....this girl is SOLD!!! A common theme amongst all of your input is the buses being exclusive to the resort(s) and overall consistent service. Many of you also note that the bus ride is only a few minutes longer, and as I mentioned, we actually don't mind the ride and enjoy visiting with other guests. We had B- bus service at our recent YC stay.

I am so grateful for these boards and the kind people like all of you responding to my question! :-)

I will be booking AKL for next year!

We have stayed there and the bus never bothered us at all. Once you are on the bus, who cares if it takes an extra 5-10 minutes to get to a park? I never understood why people complain. Also, when we were there, I never remember waiting a long time for a bus to arrive. Thought the transportation was great.

What time do the buses start running?

We are planning on staying at AKL,and I want to try to book ADR's for Crystal Palace 8:05 BF. That's the only thing Im am worried about.

We are planning on staying at AKL,and I want to try to book ADR's for Crystal Palace 8:05 BF. That's the only thing Im am worried about.

usually buses start running one hour prior to the park opening, but hopefully someone else can give you a better answer. I think you might need to take a cab is you have a really early ADR. The front desk can also clarify this for you at check in.

The buses at the akl suck !!! I'm so upset and mad ! We have waited 40 one day for a full bus to came. Worst bus service and the people are just as bad ...,

The buses start running in plenty of time for pre-opening breakfasts in the park. They usually start at 6:30. If you check with the concierge at your resort, they can tell you what time to be out at the bus stop. In your case, since you will want to get into the park and probably take a few pictures before your meal, I'd recommend being at the bus stop by 7:00 at the latest.

think-like-tink said:

The buses start early. We had an 8:05 am Adr at Akershus and got there in plenty of time. No need for a cab.

I think it is more the fact that it takes so long for buses to get sent to the resort from the main bus depot, wherever that is (I believe around TTC) and bus drivers take their dandy old time to do everything. Waiting for a bus can be brutal at AKL, that's what the main complaint is. You don't want to be stuck on a hot day outside at the bus stop. Bus rides aren't all that bad and can go pretty quick, especially when there happens to be no red lights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter