AKL LITE unofficial FAQ thread#10 - I believe that's known as a 'Jambo Dozen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not terrible but it is maybe a 10 minute walk. Or you could take a bus. Why don't you do Jambo's pool during the day and Kidani's after dinner since Sanaa is at Kidani? That might make it easier to get ready for dinner since you won't have to go out of your way if you want to get ready for dinner in your room. I believe there are showers and hair dryers at the pools if you wanted to get ready at the pool prior to dinner too. That could also be an option. Then it wouldn't matter which pool you're at and you won't have to walk a long way at night when you're tired.

Thanks for the suggestion......do you think the splash area will be open in the evening? I have two pretty active boys and was not sure in the pool at Jambo would hold their attention for too very long. The water slide at Jambo does not look too exciting for their age group (10). But I really like the idea of not going back and forth during the day. How otter does the bus run between the 2 places?

This is our first time staying on property so we are very excited!

.....The water slide at Jambo does not look too exciting for their age group (10). But I really like the idea of not going back and forth during the day. How otter does the bus run between the 2 places?....

....lots of animals at AKL, but that is NOT one of them! :rotfl2: :lmao:

DizDaD7 ~

Did you get to go on MyDisneyExperience and make any FP+ selections?

....lots of animals at AKL, but that is NOT one of them! :rotfl2: :lmao:

I had to laugh at your post since I use an iPhone & iPad and they tend to auto correct some interesting words lol ... Sometimes I just don't bother fixing the words if I write a longer post so I'm sure for me personally people are what the heck? But I love the otter word in a question since its AKL and your post made me chuckle : )

Original poster ... It happens to me all the time and we all know our smart devices are not all that smart many times. I just let it go and laugh and that was a cute one for sure : )

Thanks for the suggestion......do you think the splash area will be open in the evening? I have two pretty active boys and was not sure in the pool at Jambo would hold their attention for too very long. The water slide at Jambo does not look too exciting for their age group (10). But I really like the idea of not going back and forth during the day. How otter does the bus run between the 2 places?

This is our first time staying on property so we are very excited!

The van usually runs every 10-15 minutes. You can also take the Downtown Disney bus from Jambo to Kidani. You can take the park buses from Kidani to Jambo.

Found this on page 3 :confused3

It is still listed under the Resort Thread as the "official" FAQ for AKL. I think the title of this thread is so misleading that people don't know that it is the FAQ for AKL/Kidani. JMHO...

It is still listed under the Resort Thread as the "official" FAQ for AKL. I think the title of this thread is so misleading that people don't know that it is the FAQ for AKL/Kidani. JMHO...

.....I like to keep people on their toes :rolleyes2...let's me know that they are paying attention.....:teeth: :laughing:

Agreed! Took me a while to figure it out. Seems to be a trend this year. Last year when I was going to AoA in November it was a piece of cake to find the AoA site and the November group. This year with AKL in December, it took me a while to figure out AKL and still havent really found a December group. But now that I found AKL all is good

Hi All,
Just booked a March trip and will be staying at Jambo House for the first time.
We've stayed at Kidani before but this will be our first time at Jambo.

Hi All,
Just booked a March trip and will be staying at Jambo House for the first time.
We've stayed at Kidani before but this will be our first time at Jambo.

....well, :welcome: ....you are going to love Jambo House! :thumbsup2

My TA booked a standard view room for us (2/19/15-2/28/15 yay!) . . . she talked to a reservation cast member to clarify where the standard rooms are located, and we decided to request 3rd floor Kudu Trail for our group. I was going to book Giraffe Trail, but after researching further she found there are standard view rooms in Kudu and Zebra trails - as someone mentioned in a prior post on this thread, they are considered somewhat obstructed by the pen areas. I know sometimes the CM's are misinformed, but hopefully not in this case. Looking forward to our visit !!

February
CookieandOatmeal, 14th – 16th, AKL Honeymoon
Sherrkel, 19th – 28th, AKL
Jeniie, 25th – Mar 10th, AKL Jambo

May I ask the significance of the word "LITE" in the title of this thread? I only ask because when I stayed at AoA last year I was able to locate a comprehensive thread for all things AoA related and am hoping this is the same for AKL. I just made a reservation (actually my CP daughter did) for AKL standard view room Dec 3-10 for us. This will be our first time at a deluxe. We stayed several times at POR, once at Carabbean and last year at an AoA suite but couldnt pass up the chance for a deluxe this year with our daughter working in the CP program (QSF&B at POR). To be honest we are still hoping Y&BC or BWI open up but am excited about AKL

December
saysib, Nov 28th-12th, AKL
nadira36, Nov 30th – 12th, AKL, DD will turn 8….
Miranda, 2nd – 8th, AKL
jce2, 3rd – 10th, AKL
Cincystamper, 3rd – 14th, AKL
Emilyclaire, 4th – 10th, AKL
ItsOnlyMoney, 4th – 13th, AKL
Abbydancer, 6th – 15th, Kidani
DevonsDisneyMom, 7th-12th, AKL
tiggrbaby, 11th – 14th, POP
Cruzergirl, 14th – 22nd, Jambo House
jcjen519, 14th – 23rd, AKV CL
krismanda, 16th – 23rd, AKL
RachelTori, 20th – 26th, BCV

We'll be there Dec 5-9 (check out early the 10th). We've stayed at the Pop twice so this is our first big resort stay. The room discount didn't save us hardly anything at Pop but we were able to switch to AKL for a small amount more!

December
Miranda, 2nd – 8th, AKL
jce2, 3rd – 10th, AKL
Andrea464, 5th – 9th, AKL

I'm pretty sure that the Sunset Savannah is where you'd want to be then... I actually was on the Giraffe Trail ( ironically) the only time we stayed there. It was a value room facing the pool, and soo close to the bus stops & the main lobby.

If you request the Sunset Savannah , you may also get lucky and get near the Main lobby too....HTH:thumbsup2

I like this suggestion also.

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2014

If you have any updates please let me know...

September
15isto2, Aug 30th-7th, Kidani
TLMcMarks, 1st – 7th, AKL
pamelasu1, 8th -12th, AKV Jambo studio
skatalite, 10th – 20th, AKV Jambo House
chinooker, 11th – 15th, AKL
ShelliRenee, 14th – 19th, AKL
Sdd1841, 15th, AKL CL
Sturowski, 16th – 22nd, AKL
Paula Sedley-Burke, 18th - 25th, AKV
Jackiemarie21, 19th – 24th, AKL
LJD2143, 20th – 27th, AKL
LillsnJills, 20th – 27th, AKL
Karenj2, 20th – 27th, AKL CL
actopp1017, 20th – 27th, AKL
PFlamingo, 21st – 28th, AKL
Jennasis, 22nd – 28th, Kidani
RachelTori, 22nd-29th, BWV
PNO4TE, 25th-29th, BWV
Paula Sedley-Burke, 25th – 28th, The Dream
Patrickpiteo, 26th – 30th, Kidani
aaarcher86, 26th – Oct 6th, Kidani
Paula Sedley-Burke, 28th – Oct 1st, BCV

October
aaarcher86, Sep 26th – 6th, Kidani
Paula Sedley-Burke, Sep 28th - 1st, BCV
Paula Sedley-Burke, 1st – 2nd, VGF
rhardy1206, 8th – 17th, Grand Villa
Rarity, 25th – Nov 1st, Jambo House
AliceandAriel, 25th – Nov 1st, AKV Kidani
Tarcc, 25th - Nov 8th, AKL
Weswife, 26th – 31st, AKL
Shakes, 26th – Nov 1st, AKL
Disney Mom12, 26th – Nov 4th, AKL CL
Teriandcb, 27th – 31st, AKL
Kimmar067, 28th – Nov 2nd, Mystic Dunes, AKL
PNO4TE, 31st – Nov 2nd, Kidani

November
Tarcc, Oct 25th - 8th, AKL
Disney Mom12, Oct 26th – 4th, AKL CL
Kimmar067, Oct 29th – 2nd, Mystic Dunes, AKL
PNO4TE, Oct 31st – 2nd, Kidani
DizDaD7, 1st – 8th, AKV
YoYoAurora, 1st – 8th, AKL CL
PNO4TE, 2nd – 8th, BWV
RachelTori, 2nd – 8th, BWV
Grandma Rainbow, 5th – 9th, AKL
LMO429, 5th – 9th, Kidani Village
MomofDisneyLoversx3, 6th – 10th, Poly CL
Yoshiandi, 9th -14th, AKL
disney meema, 9th – 19th, AKL CL
dolphingirl47, 10th – 13th, Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Xclusive2WDW, 11th -16th, AKL
Disney9.9.10, 12th – 19th, Kidani Village
anjalee6, 13th – 16th, AKL CL
dolphingirl47, 13th – 23rd, Aulani
wdwagain518, 20th – 24th, AKL
Traceylee, 20th – 29th, AKL
RapunzelsGoodMom, 22nd – 27th, AKV Kidani
Mevelandry, 23rd, AKL
saysib, 28th-Dec 12th, AKL

December
Miranda, 2nd – 8th, AKL
jce2, 3rd – 10th, AKL
Andrea464, 5th – 9th, AKL

January
Sndral, 1st – 11th, AKL
DINKaAtDisney, 9th – 13th, AKL
Ted in Halifax, 17th – Feb 2nd, AKL

February
CookieandOatmeal, 14th – 16th, AKL Honeymoon
Sherrkel, 19th – 28th, AKL
Jeniie, 25th – Mar 10th, AKL Jambo

March
Jeniie, Feb 25th – 10th, AKL Jambo
Srauchbauer, 4th – 9th, AKL

April
Franandaj, 13th – 20th, VWL
Momtwoboys, 18th – 26th, AKL
Franandaj, 20th – 24th, DCL

May
DgBg100106, 5th -8th, BCV (Flower and Garden)
ThisIsJason, 5th – 11th, Kidani

June
think-like-tink, 15th – 25th, AKL

July

August
Ebonyeyes, 10th – 21st, AKV Kidani
NatalieMT, 24th – Sep 1st, AKL

September

October
LJSquishy, 21st – 30th, AKL

November

December

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter