AKL LITE unofficial FAQ thread#10 - I believe that's known as a 'Jambo Dozen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
WL pool has ducks too. When we were there last year there was a family around the pool all the time. When we first got there the little ones couldn't even get out on their own. They doubled in size over our 10 days there. '

I've been other pics of the pool taken at other times and there were ducks then too. I think there must be some there all the time.

Any of the resort pools that is relatively near a decent sized lake will get Ducks in it whenever the people leave ... so overnight and early morning. Thye do prefer "man made ponds" with some vegitation cover though, so you don't often see them somewhere like the Contemporary pool that's right out in the open. But the Poly and WL ... they love those. 'Tis the nature of ducks in Florida.

Any of the resort pools that is relatively near a decent sized lake will get Ducks in it whenever the people leave ... so overnight and early morning. Thye do prefer "man made ponds" with some vegitation cover though, so you don't often see them somewhere like the Contemporary pool that's right out in the open. But the Poly and WL ... they love those. 'Tis the nature of ducks in Florida.

Ooops, someone forgot to tell the ducks at WL that they like to get in when the people leave.
IMG_0019.jpg

I'm sorry. I just have to jump in here for a moment and say we leave Thursday for the World. As soon as DS14 gets off of the school bus he'll have time to pee and I'm throwing him in the car and heading south:lmao:. It's about a 10 hour drive, but we've done it so much it doesn't feel like it takes that long. We are staying at ASMu that night since we will be arriving around midnight and moving to Jambo house DVC Savanna view for 8 glorious nights afterwards. This is our first time at AKL and something I can check off my bucket list:goodvibes

After our time at WDW, we'll be going over to Universal for a 3 night stay at Hard Rock for our first time at Universal. I told my DS14 that he may be through with spending all of our time at WDW after hitting the coasters at Uni. He's a coaster junkie and I can't wait to see his face when we are topping the incline on Rip Ride Rockit!:cool1:

After our time at WDW, we'll be going over to Universal for a 3 night stay at Hard Rock for our first time at Universal. I told my DS14 that he may be through with spending all of our time at WDW after hitting the coasters at Uni. He's a coaster junkie and I can't wait to see his face when we are topping the incline on Rip Ride Rockit!:cool1:

Omg you are going to have so much fun! We just did two days at RPR and universal.... It knocked our socks off! I have no desire to do rip rockit again, but hulk and both sides of dueling dragons were awesome!! You will also be super spoiled with express pass! Enjoy your trip!

That's a really cool pic! They just stayed in there the whole time?

They'd climb in and out, wander between the legs of the guests sitting around the pool. They were quite cute and not at bit worried about the people around.

Evening,

Have any of you ever had to return to AKL after a dinner res at Ohana's? Not sure if I should monorail back to the park OR the TTC to catch the bus back to the hotel. Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks,

Amy

Evening,

Have any of you ever had to return to AKL after a dinner res at Ohana's? Not sure if I should monorail back to the park OR the TTC to catch the bus back to the hotel. Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks,

Amy

I think that is your only option, other than a possible boat ride back to MK... Or depending what time your ADR is, you can take a bus from Poly to AK, and then walk over to the bus stop for AKL.....

Or Just call for a cab... Thats another option...

BTW, just to add....You picked a great resort, and also a great ADR too... Have fun at both..:thumbsup2

I just booked an ADR for 1900 Park Fare at 7:00 pm. I'm thinking the best way to get there is by cab...right! Do I have to call that cab ahead of time? Or is there someone at AKL I can tell?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter