AKL LITE unofficial FAQ thread#10 - I believe that's known as a 'Jambo Dozen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lame! The PIN said it's valid most nights from 8/17-9/27. If this is how the pin will work, I might as well nix the idea. Gah.

As with all Disney offers, the rate is "based on availability". Although 9/25 is included in your pin offer, AKL probably does not have the discount available for the Savannah View category that night. Frustrating, I know, but don't get discouraged. How about a Studio Villa at Jambo or Kidani? Is that category discounted with your pin? :scratchin

Booked our dinner ADR for Boma this morning - yaaaay! :cool1:

166 days until we fly out to WDW and 180 days until I can revisit the wonderful AKL and Boma!! :thumbsup2

Just found this thread and wanted to pop in and say hi :wave2:

My family will be arriving at AKL for the first time next Sunday. We're surprising the kids and they are oblivious. We're not telling them until we get to the airport.

We have an Arusha view Bunk Bed room, and i've requested to be near the Lobby, which I hope translates to being on the same floor.

Also, the forecast so far is calling for temps around 72. Would you recommend shorts, or no shorts?

TIA!

Just found this thread and wanted to pop in and say hi :wave2:

My family will be arriving at AKL for the first time next Sunday. We're surprising the kids and they are oblivious. We're not telling them until we get to the airport.

We have an Arusha view Bunk Bed room, and i've requested to be near the Lobby, which I hope translates to being on the same floor.

Also, the forecast so far is calling for temps around 72. Would you recommend shorts, or no shorts?

TIA!

If you want to be on the lobby level, you might want to add "3rd floor" to your requests. :thumbsup2

72 is shorts/capris weather, but I would be prepared for colder weather (50s & 60s) too! I was there last week (just got home last night) and while the forecast looked like it would be 70s/80s the entire time I was there...... it wasn't! :rotfl:

The first 3 days were record-breakers - high 80s - but the last 3 days were 50s and 60s with some unexpected rain! While I did see some people in shorts those days, they did not look comfortable! ;)

If we decide to stretch our budget and stay in a deluxe, it will be at the AKL. However, I can't go any farther than a regular old standard room. Still worth it to stay if no view of the Savannah?

....:scratchin.....do I know you? :confused3

Question?

I'm looking at the Savanna view for 9/25-9/27 via pin code.
For some reason, they're showing 9/25 room night cost at $369.75 and 9/26 $273. Why the huge difference? Is there a holiday around that time that I don't know about? I mean, that's staggering...

No holiday - I'd suggest you call DRC. The huge difference is probably because the PIN code is not available for that room type on 9/25. :confused3

....that IS quite a difference....could mean the beginning of MNSSHP...?:confused3

If you want to be on the lobby level, you might want to add "3rd floor" to your requests. :thumbsup2

It's not giving me 3rd floor as an option on the online checkin. Only giving me: ground floor, upper floor, near lobby, near elevator, highest floor, kudu trail, sunset savanna view, lower floor, near transportation.

We have Arusha view, so no need on the sunset savanna. So all i've checked so far is near lobby.

What do you recommend? Should I call and request 3rd floor?
TIA!

It's not giving me 3rd floor as an option on the online checkin. Only giving me: ground floor, upper floor, near lobby, near elevator, highest floor, kudu trail, sunset savanna view, lower floor, near transportation.

We have Arusha view, so no need on the sunset savanna. So all i've checked so far is near lobby.

TIA!

....it couldn't hurt...;)

Honestly, it's not that big a deal whether you are on the lobby level or not. Personally, I would be more upset if I had a bad view or wasn't near the elevator....but that's just me....:confused3 If you are near an elevator, it'll be easy access to everything...:thumbsup2

Just found this thread and wanted to pop in and say hi :wave2: My family will be arriving at AKL for the first time next Sunday. We're surprising the kids and they are oblivious. We're not telling them until we get to the airport. We have an Arusha view Bunk Bed room, and i've requested to be near the Lobby, which I hope translates to being on the same floor. Also, the forecast so far is calling for temps around 72. Would you recommend shorts, or no shorts? TIA!
sounds great congrats! With this kind of temp I wear trousers that zip off to covert to shorts. I find them invaluable! That way I don't ever need to predict the weather :-) I would additionally request ground floor.

TIA!

I always call in my requests and bypass that section during online check-in! But if lobby level is important to you, then yes, I would call in and request "3rd floor".

Lobby level at Jambo House is the 3rd floor; at Kidani, it's the 2nd floor. :)

Happy travels! (are you ready for the snow and ice that's heading our way? :()

My family & I will be staying here June 24th - July 2nd. Cant wait. I have been to Disney dozens of times but have never been to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Very excited.

June
Paula Sedley-Burke, May 28th – 4th, SSR
franandaj, May 28th - 4th, VGF
goofy4prez, 2nd – 9th, AKL-CL
NMDisneyMom, 3rd – 10th, AKV Jambo
Grandma Rainbow, 18th – 21st, AKL
1971DBday, 19th – 28th, AKV
Manicstreet, 24th – Jul 2nd, AKL

July
Manicstreet, Jun 24th – 2nd, AKL
Ah10is, 1st – 8th, AKL
Kanga1, 13th – 25th, AKL
YCFAN, 26th – 28th, Royal Assante Suite & Royal Kuba Suite
anjalee6, 28th – Aug 6th, AKL

Just stopping in to say hello and ask if I could be added to the AKL trip list pahleeease!!!!! :goodvibes - Officially booked today! :banana: Going back for year 3 at AKL! Booked a pool view @ Jambo :-)beach:) May 20th - May 28th.

May
Shaden, 2nd – 6th, AKL Jambo House
dolphigirl47, 2nd – 17th, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Cruise
Hill6, 5th – 8th, AKL Kidani
CupcakeKelly, 5th – 8th, AKL
RebelSoul, 5th – 11th, AKV Jambo
Hill6, 8th – 10th, AKL Kidani
DevonsDisneyMom, 9th – 17th, AKV Jambo
Zeldot, 10th – 14th, AKL CL
hemmie, 20th -26th, AKL
RachelTori, 20th-27th, AKV-CL; Dolphin
chocovrdmicears, 20th – 28th, AKL
Momto8, 23rd – 30th, Jambo House
Vital, 23rd – 31st, Jambo House
Paula Sedley-Burke, 26th – 28th, ASMu
Paula Sedley-Burke, 28th – Jun 4th, SSR
franandaj, 28th - Jun 4th, VGF

sounds great congrats! With this kind of temp I wear trousers that zip off to covert to shorts. I find them invaluable! That way I don't ever need to predict the weather :-) I would additionally request ground floor.

....I think that she would be put on the FIRST floor instead of the THIRD....:confused3

Please add me and my family to the list for 5/13/14 to 5/18/14. This will be our first stay at AKL!

Happy travels! (are you ready for the snow and ice that's heading our way? :()

Well, we don't fly out until Sunday morning. Hopefully, with temps near the 60's on friday and saturday, all flights will be on time on Sunday and we'll have no problem. That's what i'm hoping for. If we have too I'll load everyone up and we'll drive....darn it, i'm going to Disney, whether Mother Nature wants me to or not LOL

Well, we don't fly out until Sunday morning. Hopefully, with temps near the 60's on friday and saturday, all flights will be on time on Sunday and we'll have no problem. That's what i'm hoping for. If we have too I'll load everyone up and we'll drive....darn it, i'm going to Disney, whether Mother Nature wants me to or not LOL

You'll be fine by Sunday. Wednesday and Thursday are the days we should be most concerned about. (I'm in Gwinnett County.)

Safe travels and have a wonderful, magical WDW vacation! :goodvibes

You'll be fine by Sunday. Wednesday and Thursday are the days we should be most concerned about. (I'm in Gwinnett County.)

Safe travels and have a wonderful, magical WDW vacation! :goodvibes

You have had some real bad weather down south and you guys are not used to it.

Just seen our snow totals for Thursday and I just shook my head. Another 6-10" plus talking additional snow on Friday night and Sunday.

May cannot get here soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter