AKL LITE unofficial FAQ thread#10 - I believe that's known as a 'Jambo Dozen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to other hotel plans falling through (bummer! ;) ) we will be back at AKV Kidani this May! We just stayed there in December and loved it, so I'm really excited to be back. Just a quick trip, May 5 - 8 for us :cool1:

Thanks for the info on the views. We seen a lot of giraffes when we stayed at Jambi before.

We were very far away from the lobby there so I may request to be close

We'll be there 2/19-2/23, then moving offsite for a week. (Jambo)

Also looking for input on a room request for a pool view room. Are there some better than others? Is one trail better than the other? High floor, low floor?

Thanks!

Hi,
We'll be at AKL-Jambo the second half of Presidents week. Can someone tell me about movies by the pool? Like: do they show every night, weather permitting? Can kids watch them while in the pool, and parents watch while seated by the pool with their favorite beverage?? ;)

Not familiar with the setup and have stayed the last few years at Hilton Bonnet Creek where the evening pool movies were a highlight for us.

Thanks!

Trying to decide on where to stay next year. Its between here and BWV. I'm worried about the transportation from AKL to the parks. Is It bad and I'm nervous about the overall size?

Trying to decide on where to stay next year. Its between here and BWV. I'm worried about the transportation from AKL to the parks. Is It bad and I'm nervous about the overall size?

I have stayed at both AKL and BWV and the transportation from AKL is a lot better. The buses from BWV stop at the Swan and Dolphin, Beach Club and Yacht Club before going anywhere. The Friendship Boats to Hollywood Studios take forever and it probably quicker to walk. The only thing that is great is the Friendship Boats to Epcot and even there walking is probably quicker.

Corinna

Hi,
We'll be at AKL-Jambo the second half of Presidents week. Can someone tell me about movies by the pool? Like: do they show every night, weather permitting? Can kids watch them while in the pool, and parents watch while seated by the pool with their favorite beverage?? ;)
Movies are every night, I believe weather permitting. You can't watch from the pool. Where they set it up is near the spot where you can view the ostrich's/bridge area...There are plenty of seats, & loungers that you can rest in though.

BWV bus service was absolutely horrendous...Other than walking to EPCOT & HS, or taking the boat.

The bus to MK & AK, first stop at BWV ( which is great ) , but then proceed toSwan, then Dolphin, the Yacht Club, Then Beach club, then on to the parks...& when you return from the park, you'd think that at least you'd be the first stop....>ABSOLUTELY NOT!!:confused3:mad: We were the last stop EVERY time...And I don't even want to mention the bus to n from DTD.

AKL/AKV was roughly a 5 minute ride to AK, 7or8 min ride to HS. 9 or 10 to Epcot, and probably 20 minutes to MK.....

I always gave my seat up when going to the parks while at BWV...AKV I only had to do this a few times... Hope this helps.

Hi,
We'll be at AKL-Jambo the second half of Presidents week. Can someone tell me about movies by the pool? Like: do they show every night, weather permitting? Can kids watch them while in the pool, and parents watch while seated by the pool with their favorite beverage??

Thanks!

You can't see the movie screen while in the pool. It is behind the pool and doesn't face the pool itself. That being said, it's on the path that runs behind the pool and you can sit at one of the few tables on that side of the pool bar and still see the screen. My girlfriend and I went to the night vision experience right up the path and then watched part of the movie while sitting at a table at the pool bar with a few brewskies... Most people pulled up lounge chairs from the pool area to watch the movie.

I should add that this was back in September. I heard that they are adding fences around some of the resort pools. I don't know if they have done that at the AKL pool and if it impacts the location of the screen or it's visibility from the tables near the pool bar if they have.

So I know that since I am staying AKL Club Level that I am going to get a Savannah view, but I was wondering which rooms have the best views so I can hopefully request to get one of them.

Also I was wondering if there is a DVD player in the room or is that no longer happening for Club Level guests?

The Boardwalk would be a good choice if you want to visit Epcot a lot. It is less than a 10 minute walk and you have the four other resorts close by to visit/eat at. Also the Boardwalk has nightly entertainment.

The animals at AKL are awesome to see.

I have stayed at both and I am thrilled to returning to AKL.

So I know that since I am staying AKL Club Level that I am going to get a Savannah view, but I was wondering which rooms have the best views so I can hopefully request to get one of them.

Also I was wondering if there is a DVD player in the room or is that no longer happening for Club Level guests?

We will staying CL too! So excited. I *think* CL guest are placed either on Kudo or Zebra trail.

I just want to see a Giraffe from balcony. Really. It will would make my day!:laughing:

We were there last week, and there was a DVD player in the room.

I have stayed at both AKL and BWV and the transportation from AKL is a lot better. The buses from BWV stop at the Swan and Dolphin, Beach Club and Yacht Club before going anywhere. The Friendship Boats to Hollywood Studios take forever and it probably quicker to walk. The only thing that is great is the Friendship Boats to Epcot and even there walking is probably quicker.

Corinna

BWV bus service was absolutely horrendous...Other than walking to EPCOT & HS, or taking the boat.

The bus to MK & AK, first stop at BWV ( which is great ) , but then proceed toSwan, then Dolphin, the Yacht Club, Then Beach club, then on to the parks...& when you return from the park, you'd think that at least you'd be the first stop....>ABSOLUTELY NOT!!:confused3:mad: We were the last stop EVERY time...And I don't even want to mention the bus to n from DTD.

AKL/AKV was roughly a 5 minute ride to AK, 7or8 min ride to HS. 9 or 10 to Epcot, and probably 20 minutes to MK.....

I always gave my seat up when going to the parks while at BWV...AKV I only had to do this a few times... Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

The Boardwalk would be a good choice if you want to visit Epcot a lot. It is less than a 10 minute walk and you have the four other resorts close by to visit/eat at. Also the Boardwalk has nightly entertainment.

The animals at AKL are awesome to see.

I have stayed at both and I am thrilled to returning to AKL.

Thanks everyone!! Does anyone know if you get to choose what side you stay at when you rent points? Pretty set on Jambo.

Thanks everyone!! Does anyone know if you get to choose what side you stay at when you rent points? Pretty set on Jambo.

Yes, they are run as separate resorts in that respect. You either make a booking for Jambo House or Kidani. I only ever have stayed at Jambo House.

Corinna

Ive only stayed at Jambo, but honestly both are nice, just different a lil...It all depends what u are looking for....For us the pool was key, & also the Mara we visited EVERY day, so this was a big factor as well.. The lobby at Jambo is ridiculous as well...Words can't describe it... If staying in a studio I would try for here, if looking for a 1 BR then you have to really think hard..Having a lil more room in the place & an extra Bathroom (Kidani ) is something that may sway me..or you..LoL Have fun

I started reading the thread at the beginning and I'm halfway done so I'm still learning. I will be using David's to rent points for next November, I know it says to book at 11 months out but do I have the option to book earlier than that? I don't know much about how Points and DVC work yet. Just by reading about everything AKL has to offer and looking at all the pictures I can tell we would be much happier here VS BWV. So I will be hanging out here for a while! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter