AKL LITE unofficial FAQ thread#10 - I believe that's known as a 'Jambo Dozen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was right where you are, I havent stayed before, but I feel like if I dont stay savannah view, ill regret it. Savannah view bunk bed was ALOT more expensive, but we are only staying 4 nights, so I went for it! We wont be in the hotel much, so when we are Id like a nice view from the room.....If you are going to, do standard THEN Switch to savannah.

Need some seasoned AKL-lovers and vets for some help please!

I received one of those magical PIN codes that, you know, makes a place like AKL suddenly very affordable. Thinking of using it for an end of September stay. But the real push behind this is- I'm going to try and take my Mom to WDW for the first time in her life. She's IN LOVE with the idea of seeing animals, so of course we'll have to have a Savana view at some point. I'm pretty sure, to keep cost in check, I'll have to book a split stay in AKL- 2/3 nights in a Standard room, 2 nights in Savana room.

My question is- should I book the Savana first, or last? Should it be only one night, or two?

...or should I book a night or two Savana, and then resort hop to a different resort for a little more magic? We've never seen Deluxes before... just the idea of staying in one has my starry-eyed.

We are all fully booked and paid for! Kids are 12 and 6, Bunk Bed savannah view!!

February 24th-28th!! SOO STOKED!!!!:dance3:

Anything you reccomend I dont miss??

I was right where you are, I havent stayed before, but I feel like if I dont stay savannah view, ill regret it. Savannah view bunk bed was ALOT more expensive, but we are only staying 4 nights, so I went for it! We wont be in the hotel much, so when we are Id like a nice view from the room.....If you are going to, do standard THEN Switch to savannah.

It's such a dilemma, isn't it? I really want to treat my Mom, show her the REAL magic of Disney. I'm an AoA nut, but AKL, Poly, and BC are places I dream of going to. In theory, I could go to them for a week at rack rate or a light discount, but it would be the kind of trip I'd save 3 years for, and Disney calls to me yearly. This discount is like the holy grail for me, and I can't wait to use it, be it for myself or others in my family, or friends.

Now, here's hoping my two side jobs have a profitable few months, so maybe, just MAYBE, I can do 4 full nights of Savanna view without hiccup!

I'm staying at jambo house 2br lock off with standard view. Does anyone know what the view is? Also, I'm going April 19... Any ideas on crowds?

I am so excited! My mom said that she booked us a room at AKL and at first she told me that we may not be able to get a savannah view because of the price and I was just happy that we were staying at a deluxe resort (I wanted to stay at the beach club originally but also was interested in AKL and WL) so my mom sat me down and said that there was a change of plans and not only do we get a savannah room she booked a concierge level as well!! So can someone tell me what the concierge level entails? I am super excited.

I'm staying at jambo house 2br lock off with standard view. Does anyone know what the view is? Also, I'm going April 19... Any ideas on crowds?

….I'm thinking a savannah view, but you could wind up with a pool view, which is not too shabby either...

April is regular season, its after spring break, before summer break. BUT THE BEST WEATHER!! So it attracts alot of folks! You will have 75-85 degrees most of the time!

I am so excited! My mom said that she booked us a room at AKL and at first she told me that we may not be able to get a savannah view because of the price and I was just happy that we were staying at a deluxe resort (I wanted to stay at the beach club originally but also was interested in AKL and WL) so my mom sat me down and said that there was a change of plans and not only do we get a savannah room she booked a concierge level as well!! So can someone tell me what the concierge level entails? I am super excited.

Club level is free breakfast (continental) snacks, drinks, and a special lobby/elevator etc....http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...y_s_Animal_Kingdom_Lodge-Orlando_Florida.html

My DD will be 13 during our stay at AKL. While I know she is too old for Simba's Clubhouse, are there any other activities around the resort that she will be able to participate in? She will officially be a teenager, but she really is a "kid" at heart! I do have us booked for both the night safari and the Wayanma Safari.

I did it. I booked an Arusha view room for May 28, 29 and 30th for my DD14 and I.

DD14 loves animals and it's the end of our trip so we usually spend more time at the resort by then. She is very excited about staying at AKL.

I figure it will be very relaxing for her after staying offsite with her middle school band (they will be playing at DTD at some point during Memorial weekend) and being dragged everywhere by the school.

My DS18 may be joining us too. He hasn't decided yet if he's going to stay at Disney or ride home with my husband who has to work those dates. I can add him later if I need to - I just wish he'd make up his mind. LOL

We're booked in a pool view room for four nights next month. I stayed at Kidani with some friends a few years ago, but this is our first family stay at AKL and my first at Jambo. We're very excited! Anything special I should know about pool view rooms or any recommendations for room requests? I currently don't have any requests made. Thanks!

I know there are two different savannah views at Kidani. Should I request one over the other? Also is there a better floor to stay on. Have a studio savannah view. Thanks.

Sunset savannah has giraffes, Pembe has the okapi. Personally, I want giraffes, so I request sunset. I think all the floors are nice. Can't really go wrong there, but I would request to be near the lobby. It can be a LONG walk to your room if you aren't close to the lobby.

…Arusha Rock area has giraffes and zebras….:thumbsup2

EDIT:

...off-topic, but, LOOKIT!!! Lookit mah POST COUNT! :banana:

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2014

If you have any updates please let me know...

January
Tarak, 20th – 27th, Kidani
Cobern, 23rd – 30th, AKL
Singastory, 24th – 27th, Jambo House
my2disneyboys, 25th – Feb 1st, Jambo
shannon006, 25th – Feb 2nd, AKL
mrsmorgan, 28th - Feb 6th, Jambo
MrsK41, 29th – Feb 6th, Jambo CL

February
mrsmorgan, Jan 28th-6th, Jambo
MrsK41, Jan 29th – 6th, Jambo CL
Jrj, 2nd-8th, AKL
RachelTori, 3rd – 8th, AKV Jambo
WildGinger, 9th – 15th, Kidani
MSUmom, 15th – 22nd, Kidani
DizDaD7, 15th -22nd, GCV
MomofDisneyLoversx3, 20th – 24th, AKL CL (Running Princess ½ Marathon)

March
Tonyslady, 7th – 10th, AoA
Tonyslady, 10th – 16th, AKV
Cheesemouse, 20th – 22nd, AKV
XMom, 22nd – 29th, AKL Kidani
Eacosper, 22nd – 29th, AKL
AlohaAnnie, 28th – Apr 5th, Jambo

April
AlohaAnnie, Mar 28th – 5th, Jambo
Psac, Kidani

May
Shaden, 2nd – 6th, AKL Jambo House
Hill6, 5th – 8th, AKL Kidani
RebelSoul, 5th – 11th, AKV Jambo
Hill6, 8th – 10th, AKL Kidani
DevonsDisneyMom, 9th – 17th, AKV Jambo
RachelTori, 20th-27th, AKV-CL; Dolphin
Momto8, 23rd – 30th, Jambo House
Vital, 23rd – 31st, Jambo House
Paula Sedley-Burke, 28th – Jun 4th, SSR
franandaj, 28th - Jun 4th, VGF

June
Paula Sedley-Burke, May 28th – 4th, SSR
franandaj, May 28th - 4th, VGF
goofy4prez, 2nd – 9th, AKL-CL
NMDisneyMom, 3rd – 10th, AKV Jambo
Grandma Rainbow, 18th – 21st, AKL
1971DBday, 19th – 28th, AKV

July
Kanga1, 13th – 25th, AKL
think-like-tink, 15th – 26th, AKL CL
YCFAN, 26th – 28th, Royal Assante Suite & Royal Kuba Suite
anjalee6, 29th – Aug 5th, AKL

August
anjalee6, Jul 29th – 5th, AKL
eangel12, 20th – 21st, AKL CL
15isto2, 30th-Sept 27th, Kidani

September
15isto2, Aug 30th-27th, Kidani
ShelliRenee, 14th – 19th, AKL
Paula Sedley-Burke, 18th - 25th, SSR
PNO4TE, 25th-29th, BWV
RachelTori, 25th-29th, BWV
Paula Sedley-Burke, 25th - Oct 2nd, AKV - Kidani
aaarcher86, 26th – Oct 6th, Kidani

October
aaarcher86, Sep 26th – 6th, Kidani
Rarity, 25th – Nov 1st, Jambo House
Tarcc, 25th - Nov 8th, AKL
Weswife, 26th – 31st, AKL
PNO4TE, 31st – Nov 2nd, Kidani

November
Tarcc, Oct 25th - 8th, AKL
PNO4TE, Oct 31st – 2nd, Kidani
PNO4TE, 2nd – 8th, BWV
Grandma Rainbow, 5th – 9th, AKL
saysib, 28th-Dec 12th, AKL

December
saysib, Nov 28th-12th, AKL
nadira36, Nov 30th – 12th, AKL, DD will turn 8….
Cincystamper, 3rd – 14th, AKL
Emilyclaire, 4th – 10th, AKL
jcjen519, 14th – 23rd, AKV CL

we'll be there May 10-14! We went in Sept 2012 and stayed at Poly. I've wanted to stay at AKL since they opened. we're staying club level and both grandma's are coming. DD will be 5 and hopefully right over 42". :) :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter