• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL LITE unofficial FAQ thread#10 - I believe that's known as a 'Jambo Dozen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww. So cute! Will you post pictures of the Grand Villa? Pretty please? With a zebra dome on top? LOL just saw you agreed to post pictures so my shameless begging wasn't necessary. :)

I definitely will, as soon as I get home :)

With pleasure! Will you be at DHS the night of 12/6 for DISApalooza by chance?
Would be nice to finally meet you! :thumbsup2

So upset, we check-out on the 6th......so wanted to attend the party. Wish we didn't have return flights booked already so could add a day, haha:rotfl2:

So upset, we check-out on the 6th......so wanted to attend the party. Wish we didn't have return flights booked already so could add a day, haha:rotfl2:

You'll be there the same time as us, I was bummed when I realized we were flying home on the 6th and couldn't do Disapalooza.

8 more days til Disney (BLT)
9 more days til AKV :cool1: :dance3: :yay:

Hello eveyone :wave2:

I haven't been on this thread in a while but I have a curious question. We are staying at Jambo on rented points in a standard studio and when I did online check in at 60 days it said we could check one request for our room. I had no expectations, since we are staying in a standard room, so I just checked the box for a 5th floor room lol. What exactly does that mean?

Hello eveyone :wave2:

I haven't been on this thread in a while but I have a curious question. We are staying at Jambo on rented points in a standard studio and when I did online check in at 60 days it said we could check one request for our room. I had no expectations, since we are staying in a standard room, so I just checked the box for a 5th floor room lol. What exactly does that mean?

What were some of the other options? Your standard studio will be on the 5th floor, so I find it a big odd that they would list that as an option. :confused3

I will say that the best way to make requests (for DVC) is through Member Services. Since you're renting, the "owner" of those points would have to make the request(s) for you.

Also of note: any requests already made (DVC or not) will be overridden if you make requests during online check-in. So if the owner had previously made any requests (i.e., near lobby), those would now be gone. I do online check-in to make sure my credit card is attached to the reservation and to let them know of my estimated arrival/departure times - nothing more.

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2013 and 2014

If you have any updates please let me know...

November
RebelSoul, 26th  Dec 3rd, AKV Kidani
patclairesmom, 27th  29th, Kidani
patclairesmom, 29th  Dec 3rd, AKV Jambo
saratogastehr, 29th  Dec 6th, AKL Jambo
CupcakeKelly, 30th, BLT
Disneyholic, 30th  Dec 2nd, Kidani (after 7 night DCL Western Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy)
Racemom17, 30th  Dec 4th, AKL

December
patclairesmom, Nov 29th  3rd, AKV Jambo
saratogastehr, Nov 29th  6th, AKL Jambo
CupcakeKelly, 1st  6th, AKV
eagles1281, 1st  6th, Kidani
kellyg403, 1st  8th, AKL CL
RachelTori, 2nd  7th, Swan
mmafan, 3rd  12th, AKL Jambo
opal6779, 4th  9th, AKL
dolphingirl47, 6th, Jambo House
Pinkocto, 6th  10th, Grand Floridian villas
TaraPA, 6th-10th, Kidani
thornton0511, 6th -14th, AKL
Pghsteelerfan, 7th -14th, AKV Jambo
dansamy, 8th  13th, Kidani
dolphingirl47, 13th-18th on the Disney Magic
Lorelei528, 7th - 14th, AKL
Heidijanesmith, 16th  23rd, AKL CL
amberg@eastlink.ca, 17th  31st, AKL
dolphingirl47, 18th, BCV
lovin'fl, 20th  25th, AKV Kidani
Bluesky1997, 26th  29th, AKL CL

January
CornishPixie, 4th, AoA
CornishPixie, 5th-8th, Kidani
Ckrisie, 16th  19th, Jambo House, Honeymoon&.
connors95, 17th  25th, AKV
eckero, 18th  21st, Kidani
AquaDame, 19th -24th, Jambo House
Tarak, 20th  27th, Kidani
Singastory, 24th  27th, Jambo House
my2disneyboys, 25th  Feb 1st, Jambo
shannon006, 25th  Feb 2nd, AKL
MrsK41, 29th  Feb 6th, Jambo CL

February
MrsK41, Jan 29th  6th, Jambo CL
RachelTori, 3rd  8th, AKV Jambo
WildGinger, 9th  15th, Kidani
MSUmom, 15th  22nd, Kidani
DizDaD7, 15th -22nd, AKL
MomofDisneyLoversx3, 20th  24th, AKL CL (Running Princess ½ Marathon)

March
Tonyslady, 7th  10th, AoA
Tonyslady, 10th  16th, AKV
Cheesemouse, 20th  22nd, AKV
XMom, 22nd  29th, AKL Kidani
Eacosper, 22nd  29th, AKL
AlohaAnnie, 28th  Apr 5th, Jambo

April
AlohaAnnie, Mar 28th  5th, Jambo

May
RebelSoul, 5th  11th, AKV Jambo
DevonsDisneyMom, 9th  17th, AKV Jambo
RachelTori, 20th-27th, AKV-CL; Dolphin
Momto8, 23rd  30th, Jambo House
Vital, 23rd  31st, Jambo House
Paula Sedley-Burke, 28th  Jun 4th, SSR
franandaj, 28th - Jun 4th, VGF

June
Paula Sedley-Burke, May 28th  4th, SSR
franandaj, May 28th - 4th, VGF
goofy4prez, 2nd  9th, AKL-CL
NMDisneyMom, 3rd  10th, AKV Jambo
Grandma Rainbow, 18th  21st, AKL
anjalee6, 18th  25th, AKL
1971DBday, 19th  28th, AKV

July
Kanga1, 13th  25th, AKL
YCFAN, 26th  28th , Royal Assante Suite & Royal Kuba Suite

August
Mousemommy1, 16th  26th, AKL-CL

September
ShelliRenee, 14th  19th, AKL
Paula Sedley-Burke, 18th - 25th, SSR
Paula Sedley-Burke, 25th - Oct 2nd, AKV - Kidani
aaarcher86, 26th  Oct 6th, Kidani

October
aaarcher86, Sep 26th  6th, Kidani
Tarcc, 25th - Nov 8th, AKL

November
Tarcc, Oct 25th - 8th, AKL
Grandma Rainbow, 5th  9th, AKL

December
nadira36, Nov 30th  12th, AKL, DD will turn 8&.
Cincystamper, 3rd  14th, AKL
Emilyclaire, 4th  10th, AKL

And to everyone heading to WDW for Thanksgiving, have a Blessed Thanksgiving and a magical trip! :goodvibes

Safe travels :)

Laura - can you please add me to March?!?!?!?! I just booked 3/4-6 AKL CL!!!!!! Only 2 nights, but its a splurge for our ladies trip. We'll figure out the 1st few nights later! :cool1:

I think my earlier post was missed, we are booked for AKL Nov 28th to Dec 12th 2014 :cheer2: So excited to finally stay here!

Laura - can you please add me to March?!?!?!?! I just booked 3/4-6 AKL CL!!!!!! Only 2 nights, but its a splurge for our ladies trip. We'll figure out the 1st few nights later! :cool1:

:thumbsup2 Awesome!

March
TaraPA, 4th-6th, AKL-CL
Tonyslady, 7th – 10th, AoA
Tonyslady, 10th – 16th, AKV
Cheesemouse, 20th – 22nd, AKV
XMom, 22nd – 29th, AKL Kidani
Eacosper, 22nd – 29th, AKL
AlohaAnnie, 28th – Apr 5th, Jambo

I think my earlier post was missed, we are booked for AKL Nov 28th to Dec 12th 2014 :cheer2: So excited to finally stay here!

:thumbsup2 We are excited for you!

November
Tarcc, Oct 25th - 8th, AKL
Grandma Rainbow, 5th – 9th, AKL
saysib, 28th-Dec 12th, AKL

December
saysib, Nov 28th-12th, AKL
nadira36, Nov 30th – 12th, AKL, DD will turn 8….
Cincystamper, 3rd – 14th, AKL
Emilyclaire, 4th – 10th, AKL

:goodvibes

What were some of the other options? Your standard studio will be on the 5th floor, so I find it a big odd that they would list that as an option. :confused3

I will say that the best way to make requests (for DVC) is through Member Services. Since you're renting, the "owner" of those points would have to make the request(s) for you.

Also of note: any requests already made (DVC or not) will be overridden if you make requests during online check-in. So if the owner had previously made any requests (i.e., near lobby), those would now be gone. I do online check-in to make sure my credit card is attached to the reservation and to let them know of my estimated arrival/departure times - nothing more.

okay I went back to our online ressie page to see what the other request were: (1) room on 5th floor (2) room near transportation (3) room on Kudu Trail Section.

Since we are renting pts. we really had no requests and not too worried about it. I just thought it was interesting to see that there was a spot to make a request and just checked a box lol. Kind of interested to know what the kudu trail section is though? What do you think....should I change my request since apparently we will be on the 5th floor regardless lol?

okay I went back to our online ressie page to see what the other request were: (1) room on 5th floor (2) room near transportation (3) room on Kudu Trail Section.

Since we are renting pts. we really had no requests and not too worried about it. I just thought it was interesting to see that there was a spot to make a request and just checked a box lol. Kind of interested to know what the kudu trail section is though? What do you think....should I change my request since apparently we will be on the 5th floor regardless lol?

Yes, you will be on the 5th floor. :thumbsup2 Near transportation would put you on the Zebra Trail/Giraffe Trail side - closer to pool, restaurants, buses.

Kudu Trail MIGHT get you a reclassified savanna view -- one of the rooms that has a view of the Savanna, but wasn't worthy of costing the points of a true Savanna view. The downside is that you could end up with quite a long walk to your room!

I've stayed in a Standard Jambo villa twice and both times my room was right on the lobby with a view of the pool -- I couldn't have had a more convenient location! :goodvibes

But wherever your room is, you're at AKL & WDW so it's ALL good!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

You need to add us to September, my friend! ;)

:thumbsup2 and more dates to follow soon! :woohoo:

Booked at Kidani 30th Aug untill 27th Sept :worship:

WOW!! That just doesn't seem fair -- what a great way to spend a month! :yay:

August
Mousemommy1, 16th – 26th, AKL-CL
15isto2, 30th-Sept 27th ,Kidani

September
15isto2, Aug 30th-27th, Kidani
ShelliRenee, 14th – 19th, AKL
Paula Sedley-Burke, 18th - 25th, SSR
PNO4TE, 25th-29th, BWV
RachelTori, 25th-29th, BWV
Paula Sedley-Burke, 25th - Oct 2nd, AKV - Kidani
aaarcher86, 26th – Oct 6th, Kidani

I think AKL has thoroughly spolied us!!! We upgraded only two months before the trip, and I just booked a standard view, not expecting much and just happy to be able to stay there. When we got an actual savannah view at check-in we were thrilled- especially the kids who didn't know we were staying there.
DH and I were talking yesterday about the next trip, whenever that is, and I said I would be torn as to where to stay: stick to CSR cuz it's a fav. or splurge on AKL again, and would I book a standard view? His opinion was that if we did AKL again we'd HAVE to book a savannah view because now that we know what we get, how could we ever NOT get that again?:lmao: Time to start saving I guess...

We are staying at AKV for the 1st time in Oct. 2014!!!! Yiiiippppeeee!!!!

I know its a year away but we are excited! I am a planner :rotfl: MY dd uses a wheelchair so I need to ensure everything is accessible for her.

We hope to secure a DVC booking on Tues! Our dates are Oct 26 - Oct 31/14!

Yes, you will be on the 5th floor. :thumbsup2 Near transportation would put you on the Zebra Trail/Giraffe Trail side - closer to pool, restaurants, buses.

Kudu Trail MIGHT get you a reclassified savanna view -- one of the rooms that has a view of the Savanna, but wasn't worthy of costing the points of a true Savanna view. The downside is that you could end up with quite a long walk to your room!

I've stayed in a Standard Jambo villa twice and both times my room was right on the lobby with a view of the pool -- I couldn't have had a more convenient location! :goodvibes

But wherever your room is, you're at AKL & WDW so it's ALL good!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I agree I don't really care what room they put us in....we are going to be at AKL :) Thank you for the info :thumbsup2

I think AKL has thoroughly spolied us!!! We upgraded only two months before the trip, and I just booked a standard view, not expecting much and just happy to be able to stay there. When we got an actual savannah view at check-in we were thrilled- especially the kids who didn't know we were staying there.
DH and I were talking yesterday about the next trip, whenever that is, and I said I would be torn as to where to stay: stick to CSR cuz it's a fav. or splurge on AKL again, and would I book a standard view? His opinion was that if we did AKL again we'd HAVE to book a savannah view because now that we know what we get, how could we ever NOT get that again?:lmao: Time to start saving I guess...

I am crossing my fingers for the same thing to happen to us in January!
I booked standard at AKV and will be happy either way but would love an upgrade! Can anyone recommend which floor is optimum for viewing the animals?

I am crossing my fingers for the same thing to happen to us in January!
I booked standard at AKV and will be happy either way but would love an upgrade! Can anyone recommend which floor is optimum for viewing the animals?

I believe Sydney was at Jambo House, which was built as a deluxe resort; DVC villas were added later (and had to be retrofitted into the existing space). If I'm not mistaken, Sydney's family was in a regular resort room where upgrades are sometimes offered.

Kidani was built as a DVC resort. The odds of a standard-to-savanna upgrade are very rare. Never say never, but be prepared to be in a standard view room (if that's what you booked). There are lots of public viewing areas and my favorite at Kidani is out on the overlook, by the fire pit. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter