AKL LITE unofficial FAQ thread#10 - I believe that's known as a 'Jambo Dozen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did you get the bands? After you did online check in? At 30 days? I have an AP and I wonder if I have to have a package or will I get them with room only

I was able to customize ours after I did online check in. I did on line check in on the 60 day out. It was suggest by someone on the DIS September FB group to redo the online check in, because that was how they were able to customize their bands. As soon as I did that, I was able to do ours. I was so excited the day we got them.

Hi, love reading the all of the information about AKL from you experts.
Silly question - we are going in December, kids are so excited. They love animals. But, I am a little worried the resort will smell like a big zoo. We love Disney and have stayed at many resorts but this is our 1st stay at AKL. Please tell me I am being silly.

Thanks

This is exactly what my DH is worried about with our upcoming AKL stay. I keep telling him that if it did stink that bad, word would get out about the smell, and people wouldn't pay more for a savanna view room.

For all the folks that got magic bands for their stay at AKL, are you at Jambo or Kidani?

I was able to customize ours after I did online check in. I did on line check in on the 60 day out. It was suggest by someone on the DIS September FB group to redo the online check in, because that was how they were able to customize their bands. As soon as I did that, I was able to do ours. I was so excited the day we got them.

This is exactly what my DH is worried about with our upcoming AKL stay. I keep telling him that if it did stink that bad, word would get out about the smell, and people wouldn't pay more for a savanna view room.

I promise you, the resort doesn't stink. I've been on the Wanyama safari twice, in an open truck out into where the animals are. It doesn't smell there, either.:goodvibes

ANyone have Bands for November? I am hearing it is only for Sept and Oct...I am missing it by 1 day!!! :(

New to the thread. Been to Disney many times but this will be our first time staying at AKL. We have a 1BR villa with a standard view at Jambo house book. Does anyone happen to know where these are rooms located or where to make a room request.

Some of them are pool view, and some are 'partial view' of a savannah. We had one of the 'partial views' and it was amazing. People had complained about having an obstructed view so they were reassigned. I have to look at the map, but it was all the way at the end of the right side of the horseshoe. Somebody help me with what trail it was, please.

If I rent DVC points for a studio (Jambo) with savanna view, can I request close to the lobby? Is that a good savanna location? Also, is Jambo House considered a request or is it a bookable category when renting points?

For all the folks that got magic bands for their stay at AKL, are you at Jambo or Kidani?

We are going in October, staying a Jambo house and got selected to try the magic bands/fast pass +. I can't wait to try it just to see how it changes our touring plans.

When booking a Savanna view room in Jambo House and requesting near the lobby, are there any "bad" sections/views?

If for some reason we end up at either far end of Jambo House, how long is the walk to the lobby? I'm trying to decide if it is more important to request to be close to the lobby, or to have a specific view.

We're at Jambo.

I promise you, the resort doesn't stink. I've been on the Wanyama safari twice, in an open truck out into where the animals are. It doesn't smell there, either.:goodvibes

That's what I keep telling him. I think it's just an excuse because he loves the WL so much and wanted to stay there.

If I rent DVC points for a studio (Jambo) with savanna view, can I request close to the lobby? Is that a good savanna location? Also, is Jambo House considered a request or is it a bookable category when renting points?

AKV Jambo and AKV Kidani are booked separately, like separate resorts.

For instance;

Resort - AKV Jambo
Room category - Studio Savannah View
Room request (not guaranteed) - Near lobby

The only thing I know about AKV Jambo rooms are that they are located on the 5th and 6th floors...and the 6th floor is reserved for studios & villas booked with Club-Level Service.

AKV Jambo and AKV Kidani are booked separately, like separate resorts.

For instance;

Resort - AKV Jambo
Room category - Studio Savannah View
Room request (not guaranteed) - Near lobby

The only thing I know about AKV Jambo rooms are that they are located on the 5th and 6th floors...and the 6th floor is reserved for studios & villas booked with Club-Level Service.

Great, thank you very much! I wonder how far the walk would be if our room was at the far end of the savanna to the lobby. I'll see if I can google that.

I've read that the Value Studios can have a parking lot view...does anyone have a photo of the "worst" types of views at AKL? I tried Googling parking lot view but nothing came up. I think we will book a Savanna view regardless, but I'd like to at least know all of the options first. :)

I'm just checking to see if this still works for me! It's been a long time.....

I know, another room request question! We are going in Nov, renting DVC and staying in Kidani Village in a Savannah View Studio. Trying to find a map of the room locations, but my #1 request would be a good view.

I know it can be a long walk to the ends, but we've stayed at CSR and CBR so we've walked before. Are there certain area's that the animals hang out or to request?
TIA!!!

I know, another room request question! We are going in Nov, renting DVC and staying in Kidani Village in a Savannah View Studio. Trying to find a map of the room locations, but my #1 request would be a good view.

I know it can be a long walk to the ends, but we've stayed at CSR and CBR so we've walked before. Are there certain area's that the animals hang out or to request?
TIA!!!

I haven't stayed at AKL before but I've heard over and over that Sunset Savanna is the location you want to request. :) Pembe Savanna is the other savanna location at Kidani and I guess it doesn't have as many animals or perhaps it's not as pretty (not sure why people don't like it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter