AKL LITE II - We're #2, but we try harder....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratualtions Athenna!!!!

I really love to hear people who have quit smoking, as it's such a positive choice to make, and I know it can be really hard, but your body will really thank you for it!! By the time you're at WDW you'll really notice a difference!! And all the cravings will have gone, so you'll feel great!!

---

About all this in room dining....

Does the mara do big pizzas? How do they compare in price to pizza delivery in room? We loooove pizza!!

I think I'll be getting my domes from the mara! And also we'll have refillable mugs so would be silly to get in room when we'd be going to the mara to get drinks to go with dinner anyway!

Thanks for all your support everyone, it means so much!:grouphug:
Day 6, and I am doing just fine! I'm not sleeping well, but other than that I am ok.

Congratualtions Athenna!!!!

I really love to hear people who have quit smoking, as it's such a positive choice to make, and I know it can be really hard, but your body will really thank you for it!! By the time you're at WDW you'll really notice a difference!! And all the cravings will have gone, so you'll feel great!!

---

About all this in room dining....

Does the mara do big pizzas? How do they compare in price to pizza delivery in room? We loooove pizza!!

I think I'll be getting my domes from the mara! And also we'll have refillable mugs so would be silly to get in room when we'd be going to the mara to get drinks to go with dinner anyway!

Hey, torsie! Good morning. the Mara does have pizza. But not what I would order there!

Have you ever been to this site?

www.allearsnet.com

If you click on the DINING tab you can then click on the menus section and pull up listings from almost everywhere on WDW property. It is updated fairly often by helpful travelers. There is a menu site here on the DIS too. But I like Deb Wills' site for many reasons and think it is a good companion to the one we are on right now.

Torsie ~ you and your fiance might love to try the flatbreads at Jiko. Here's a pic of my fave - the Chicken BBQ.

DSC03057.jpg

I highly recommend Jiko during your stay. Request to be seated at "The Cooking Place". It's in the center of the restaurant and is where a lot of prep work takes place for the first courses. You can talk with the chefs and learn a lot. It's a ton of fun:flower3:

I highly recommend Jiko during your stay. Request to be seated at "The Cooking Place". It's in the center of the restaurant and is where a lot of prep work takes place for the first courses. You can talk with the chefs and learn a lot. It's a ton of fun:flower3:

You know, in all the times we have eaten at Jiko we have never eaten at "The Cooking Place." Can that request be made on the ADR? And then re-iterated when you check in? Do you deal with a server there too or is the food brought directly from the chefs?

See... with over 50 trips to the World there are still things to learn and experience! :goodvibes

You know, in all the times we have eaten at Jiko we have never eaten at "The Cooking Place." Can that request be made on the ADR? And then re-iterated when you check in? Do you deal with a server there too or is the food brought directly from the chefs?

See... with over 50 trips to the World there are still things to learn and experience! :goodvibes

Just request it at the podium. I have waited 30-45 min. before to be able to sit there. It's SO fun and is a very different experience. I've met really interesting people when sitting there (I used to go to Jiko a LOT) and it's just a more lively, festive experience. If you want to be alone, this is NOT the place obviously...
Yes, you have a server but, for example, if you order the cucumber and tomato salad w/ watermelon vinaigrette, you might just watch it be prepared and have the chef hand it right to you, bypassing the server (if you'd like). It's an interesting way to dine at Jiko. I once struck up a conversation with a wonderful woman from the UK by the pool one day at AKL. She was going to Jiko that evening w/ her DH while her little boys went to Simba's. I recommended the CP to her and we saw her there that night! She told me they had had a blast - she was very gregarious and had a lot of fun with the chefs :banana:

Torsie ~ you and your fiance might love to try the flatbreads at Jiko. Here's a pic of my fave - the Chicken BBQ.

DSC03057.jpg

OMG that looks sooooo good!!!

Elin - I love allears, :) Am on it most days! Didn't think to look at the mara on there though!

----

How are your days going?

I'v just finished a TON of ironing, as boring as it was it's nice to know now that every single chore in my house has been done and I can spend the rest of the afternoon with some wine, and the DIS in a clean and tidy house. :) I love walking past my laundry basket and seeing it totally empty (wierd I know!)

Shame I can't stop the cat from moulting or get the dinner to cook itself! Lol.

Just request it at the podium. I have waited 30-45 min. before to be able to sit there. It's SO fun and is a very different experience. I've met really interesting people when sitting there (I used to go to Jiko a LOT) and it's just a more lively, festive experience. If you want to be alone, this is NOT the place obviously...
Yes, you have a server but, for example, if you order the cucumber and tomato salad w/ watermelon vinaigrette, you might just watch it be prepared and have the chef hand it right to you, bypassing the server (if you'd like). It's an interesting way to dine at Jiko. I once struck up a conversation with a wonderful woman from the UK by the pool one day at AKL. She was going to Jiko that evening w/ her DH while her little boys went to Simba's. I recommended the CP to her and we saw her there that night! She told me they had had a blast - she was very gregarious and had a lot of fun with the chefs :banana:

thanks! I think we will plan that for one night, then. I am willing to wait ... at the bar!

thanks! I think we will plan that for one night, then. I am willing to wait ... at the bar!
:lmao:

Mmmm, love the look of the Jiko menu!

Looks like SO much food though! Would I be ok to get a salad and a flatbread as my main course? I can never eat 3 courses and I definitely need room for dessert!!

:lmao:

Mmmm, love the look of the Jiko menu!

Looks like SO much food though! Would I be ok to get a salad and a flatbread as my main course? I can never eat 3 courses and I definitely need room for dessert!!

most definitely!

Just wanted to let you all know that I quit smoking:dance3: My last cigarette was 9:30pm Monday night:thumbsup2

Congratulations athenna, this is really really big!!! :banana: My mom did it a few years ago after smoking for almost 40 years.

They don't have a $7 "giant" Zebra Dome, do they?!!! :confused3 (I don't think it would taste near as good anyway!)

Oh great - now I'm sitting here having a major craving!!!

They actually do...DH ordered it on our last day
IMG_2456.jpg

He loved it. :goodvibes

They don't have a $7 "giant" Zebra Dome, do they?!!! :confused3 (I don't think it would taste near as good anyway!)

Oh great - now I'm sitting here having a major craving!!!

Actually I think the $7 dome is a giant one, I was thinking it was about 3 inches across, I remember seeing one of them before.

Kathy

They actually do...DH ordered it on our last day
IMG_2456.jpg

He loved it. :goodvibes

Thanks for posting this! I had just read that the $7 is as large as a cupcake! :eek:

Actually I think the $7 dome is a giant one, I was thinking it was about 3 inches across, I remember seeing one of them before.

Kathy

Thanks! :thumbsup2 I may just have to try one of those!! ;) Then I'd be able to say "....but I only ate ONE Zebra Dome!" :rolleyes1

:rotfl:

No lions at AKL (obviously!), but since they are at the park........

Have any of you seen the video of Christian the Lion? Anytime I need a good cry, I watch it! It is just the sweetest thing.

Torsie, these guys bought the lion (many, many years ago) at Harrods!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNTdWbVBgc

No lions at AKL (obviously!), but since they are at the park........

Have any of you seen the video of Christian the Lion? Anytime I need a good cry, I watch it! It is just the sweetest thing.

Torsie, these guys bought the lion (many, many years ago) at Harrods!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNTdWbVBgc

Love that too. I think I remember a further update on the Today show in the past couple of months.

Ciao ALL OF YOU !!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

I've just found this :
Guests at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge will have a chance to paint their own ostrich egg on Easter Sunday, April 12 , in Simba's Cubhouse. A limited number of ostrich eggs are available on a first-come, first-served basis; cost is a $30 donation to Disney's Wildlife Conservation Fund.:cloud9:

I guess it could be very interesting if someone is at AKL on Easter Sunday !!!
Myself, I would love to do my own painted egg !!!! :)

( SORRY , wrong country !! I'll be at Disneyland Paris ;) on Easter Sunday :confused3... )

IS SOMEBODY VISITING AKL :goodvibes AT EASTER TIME ?
Ciao, laura

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter