AKL LITE II - We're #2, but we try harder....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are other styles too. Am I the only one who finds these uncomfortable looking?? :confused3

1507db74.jpg

I simply MUST have a pair of the one on the far left :snooty:

On the other AKL thread there was a discussion that the Indaba (brownies, cookies and chocolate animals) that you could get from room service was discontinued!! :scared1: I think it is such a shame that they do away with these lovely individual touches... :sad1:

I agree - does anyone remember the awesome little "cheese plates" they sold in Mara several years ago? They had interesting cheeses, dried fruits and assorted nuts. What they sell now is red grapes, basic Swiss and Brie and Gouda, I think, with walnuts. Bummer...

I agree - does anyone remember the awesome little "cheese plates" they sold in Mara several years ago? They had interesting cheeses, dried fruits and assorted nuts. What they sell now is red grapes, basic Swiss and Brie and Gouda, I think, with walnuts. Bummer...

Where did they sell these? Are they in the fridge grab n go area? Would they be considered a meal on the dining plan? This sounds like it would be a yummy treat while out by the pool for our trip in June.

Kathy
AKL 5/30-6/6

Where did they sell these? Are they in the fridge grab n go area? Would they be considered a meal on the dining plan? This sounds like it would be a yummy treat while out by the pool for our trip in June.

Kathy
AKL 5/30-6/6

Hi Kathy. Yes, they are in the refrigerators :thumbsup2 I do not know anything about the Dining Plan, sorry. Someone else will know, though... Yes, I love to take a cheese plate (fyi, it's small) by the pool in the afternoon. Along with a glass of wine ;)

BTW, your signature photo is GREAT! :wizard:

Torsie - I hope Jack will wear them for our Meet! I think I need to see them in action to fully appreciate them! ;)

I agree! I would be very curious to know how he likes them. My DDs are amazed at what I will put on my feet in the interest of comfort. I told them to get back to me in another 30 years or so... :rotfl:

By the way, "toe socks" were all the rage a couple of years ago with my DD15's friends. Then they all figured out how uncomfortable they were! Those were "cotton" though which even sounds uncomfortable!! :laughing:

I have a few male students who wear regular athletic socks with the thong-style flip flops. Now that looks really uncomfortable to me!

I have a few male students who wear regular athletic socks with the thong-style flip flops. Now that looks really uncomfortable to me!
Ouch! I had some of the toe socks when they were all the rage a few years back. They were confy enough, but I found my toes got cold without the others next to them to keep them warm....

I love your siggy photo too Kathy!!

Can you see any of AK from AKL? I'm guessing everest is too far over to the east - but any other bits?

Hi there!! You are the one who keeps changing her resort, aren't you?? :goodvibes: goodvibes So the next trip is at SSR, not AKL??? :goodvibes

:

Right now its SSR ( I had to call to find out where I was staying since I'd changed so many times). I never know from day to day. :lmao:.

And to be a bit on-topic as well - on the other AKL thread there was a discussion that the Indaba (brownies, cookies and chocolate animals) that you could get from room service was discontinued!! :scared1: I think it is such a shame that they do away with these lovely individual touches... :sad1:

Bummer! That was on my list of "must-do's" for next time. :furious:

Haha - I love all this Baseball talk!! It means nothing to me!

I went to a Didgers game once - great fun! I didn;t have a clue what was going on but I very much enjoyed the:

duh duh duh duuuh, duh DUUUUH, music.

And to be a bit on-topic as well - on the other AKL thread there was a discussion that the Indaba (brownies, cookies and chocolate animals) that you could get from room service was discontinued!! :scared1: I think it is such a shame that they do away with these lovely individual touches... :sad1:

I just posted this on the other board too. One of the posters on there had gotten a PowerPoint Presentation from AKL IPO and I took the stuff out of it:

AKL IPO Offerings

f5412726.jpg

Cookies and Milk
1 ea 3 oz plug of oatmeal raisin
1 ea 3 oz plug white chocolate macadamia nut
2 ea 3 ox plug chocolate chip
28 oz 2% milk

158795f5.jpg

Kids Create a Cone
2 ea cones
3.25 oz yellow cake batter, batch
1 oz butter cream, batch
.5 oz chocolate glaze coating (bakery)
.25 oz white chocolate glaze coating (bakery)
2 ea (.01 oz) marchanio cherries
3 ea 1 oz white chocolate ruffle cups (chocolates a la carte)
.3 oz colored jimmies
.3 oz Mickey quinns
.3 oz mini m&m’s

86657c1d.jpg

African Inspired Truffles - $30
1 ea logo ribbon (chocolates a la carte)
.5 ea Coco pod (chocolates a la carte)
.75 oz shredded coconut
5 each assorted truffles (chocolates a la carte)
1.5 oz fresh strawberries
.5 oz fresh blueberries
2 oz champagne grapes (ordered into Jiko)
.02 oz chocolate glaze coating (bakery)

8151ee26.jpg

Zebra Domes - $20
3 ea small zebra domes, batch

Zebra Domes with Sparkling Wines
5 ea small zebra domes, batch
1 ea bottle of sparkling wine, Graham Beck Demi Sec Bliss

77aa6b3f.jpg

The Sundowner
2 oz dried apricots
1.5 oz candied dates
3 oz Landjager sausage (from Jiko, Greiers co.)
3 oz African spiced nuts, batch
.25 oz shredded coconut
.25 oz mini m&m’s
.5 oz raisins
.5 oz dried cranberries

455d9ab2.jpg

Artisanal Cheese and Seasonal Fruit
2 oz dried fruit chutney, batch from Vic falls
4 oz fresh strawberries
3 oz Champagne grapes (from Jiko)
1 oz fresh raspberries
1 oz fresh blueberries
2 oz lavosh crackers, batch
1.5 oz Purple Haze Cheese
1.5 oz Humbolt Fog Cheese
1.5 oz Cravot cheese (Jiko)

MMmmm, create a cone!!!

How do you get these? What does IPO mean??

IPO is the acronym for the planning office who works with Club Level guests at each resort that offers Club Level. These items ought to be available to other guests, though. I don't think they are specific to CL. (Someone will correct me if I am wrong. ;) ) The original poster on the other board did not say anything about cost nor was it listed on the PowerPoint presentation either.

IPO is the acronym for the planning office who works with Club Level guests at each resort that offers Club Level. These items ought to be available to other guests, though. I don't think they are specific to CL. (Someone will correct me if I am wrong. ;) ) The original poster on the other board did not say anything about cost nor was it listed on the PowerPoint presentation either.
Cool! I guess it's an advance request thing then if you aren't CL.

I really love the create a cones, might be good for kids at our wedding if they aren't specifically an AKl thing.

I'll save a copy of them to the wedding folder! :)

Thanks Elin! I'd like an order of *Signature Zebra Domes* :cloud9:

oh, and some of that "with Sparkling Wine" stuff!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

;)

MM, I could go for domes with my wine right now!

I've read the desriptions but what exactly is a zebra dome - anything its similar too?

Cool! I guess it's an advance request thing then if you aren't CL.

I really love the create a cones, might be good for kids at our wedding if they aren't specifically an AKl thing.

I'll save a copy of them to the wedding folder! :)

I think they are specific to AKL.

Thanks Elin! I'd like an order of *Signature Zebra Domes* :cloud9:

oh, and some of that "with Sparkling Wine" stuff!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

;)

You know, Laura - it did occur to me that one could buy the ZDs at Mara MUCH cheaper and pick up a bottle of one's favorite bubbly at the store (or have it delivered by WeGoShop or some such business. It would cost a LOT less that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter