AKL LITE II - We're #2, but we try harder....

Status
Not open for further replies.
......:sad: WAAAAHHHHH!!!! Now, THAT made me cry......:sad1:

Forgive me, but did I read where you are NOT coming down? Why? What's the deal? What has stopped you? I missed that part of the thread being AWOL.

Wow! Thats amazing! Congrats:goodvibes

Thank you! :)

....well, I hate to burst yer bubble, but they don't have ZD's on that program.....:scared1:

Oh yes they do! :rotfl: Nothing is forbidden on WW, you just have to have some balance along with your ZD. However, DH and I will NOT be counting during our vacation, so gimme gimme gimme some ZDs!!!!!! :banana: (I'll be sure to bring some back for all to share)

I'd peg your odds at better than 75%, especially on that "resort" wake up. It MAY be on your day of departure....from what I've seen personally,a nd read on-line, usually the decorations are completely "up" about 1.5 weeks prior to Thanksgiving. Sometimes even earlier than that (especially when it's a "late" Thanksgiving).

Osborne goes up VERY early, because there's so much of it. Most of the rest of the stuff goes up, starting slowly, the weekend after halloween (maybe a bit later since halloween is on a Friday..whens the last MNSSHP?). The GF starts building their gingerbread house, some of the lights start going up, some of the less obvious "swag" goes up around the parks...MK gets' the full blast treatment pretty quick because they have to accomodate the MVMCP pretty quick after halloween. Then, by around the end of that first week (the 8th, this year, I'd think) it'll start to get more and more obvious EVERYWHERE. You'll probably be right in the middle of the decorating, I'd think. Again, I'd give it 75% chance given past history.

Make sure they do a good job, will ya?

:)

This makes me VERY VERY EXCITED!!!!!!!! :woohoo: Thank you for the info!

Amen.

I've lost around 120 (yes, one hundred and twenty) lbs, and my DW lost somewhere around 80. We started in February of '07, right after we bought into AKV. It was the "deal" we made ourselves.

We didn't do WW...we didn't do any "off the shelf" plan. We just used our brains and moved our backsides. It was all about portion control, eating balanced meals, making good choices (that we KNEW were good...it wasn't rocket science for us), and making working out a priority almost EVERY DAY (5 days a week). But more than that, it was about living, and not necessarily depriving yourself EVERY day. Of all the plans I've seen, it seems that WW has the closest "philosophy" to the one we sort of adhered to.

And we had each other for motivation, and that helped.

I remember reading about your awesome weight loss on your TR from last year! That takes some serious dedication! And I totally agree, it really helps to have someone else for motivation. I probably would have had a much harder time if DH hadn't been doing this with me.

Wow, congrats to all on their weight loss successes!!!!!
I lost 75 pounds on Weight Watchers!

And congratulations to you!!!!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for letting me vent and being nice about it. You really are a great support group!

Vent all ya need...:hug:

Black Friday, November 28th is the "official" date :sad2: (although it won't make any difference for me, I sure hope they have a change of heart - or do about 2 weeks worth of "soft" openings! ;) )

ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wow! Congratulations everyone on your weight loss! :dance3:

I have done WW twice before using the live meetings and did well enough but both times after a few years I gained a lot of it back. I'm thinking that maybe if I try on-line this time (after my November and Decemebr trips) I will be able to keep up with it longer since I won't have the excuse that I had to work late to miss meetings.

That is the exact reason why I just do online. I do not have time for the meetings and I know that would be my excuse. Online I can do anytime of the day or night.

I lost about 11 lbs abt 2 years ago...in one day:) LOL

:rotfl2: It was about a year ago for my 10 pound 3 ouncer!

Yep, you know what happens next week? The end of the Food and Wine Festival :sad1: However, pretty much right after that, the parks start decorating for the holidays! :woohoo:

So cool! I am actually GLAD to hear next week is the end of the Food and Wine because that means I'm going that soon! We will catch the second to last day of the festival to enjoy it.

She believes it is next Sunday, Nov. 9th.

Is there a ceremony for lighting it every night after that? I'll be at MK on November 13-it's not a MVMCP night, so I was wondering if they still did the "icing" on the castle. I hope so!

You all are very persuasive for the WW program. I lost 113 pounds using NutriSystem two years ago and have pretty much kept it off. But I need to lose some more and don't want to go that route again. I will let you know what my decision is after taking a look at the online offer. Thanks for the push! :goodvibes

Skimming quickly to catch up...

Great pics from Flossbolna and RachelTori! :thumbsup2
Congrats to all on the weight loss! I keep thinking about doing WW...should just bite the bullet and sign up.
Brookelizabeth - you are almost there!!! :dance3:

All this talk about Osborne Lights and castle lighting is making me think about how excited I was last year at this time for my December trip! Time to pull out the videos...before I get too sad about not seeing them this year. :sad2:

Welcome athenna - sorry to hear about your job. :hug:

Hi Bensmom - I was wondering where you'd been hiding! :)

Gotta go - I am studying to take a certification test for work next week - only on chap 4 of a 12 chapter manual!!! :eek:

Really??? That means that my sister and the kids will be able to see it during our trip. :dance3:

Yes, that's correct. You will see lots of Christmas decorations already up at that point to get you in the holiday mood. :thumbsup2

Where are you staying again?

Skimming quickly to catch up...

Hi Bensmom - I was wondering where you'd been hiding! :)

Gotta go - I am studying to take a certification test for work next week - only on chap 4 of a 12 chapter manual!!! :eek:

Hey Homey! Yes, I flipped out when I logged in and Webmaster gave us the boot. So, I panicked, instead of reading through the posts to see the new thread...PM'd Kimmar, and she left breadcrumbs for me. Phew! Have you been watching the WS? They say this is the least watched WS in a long time, down 24 percent from last year. Since I live among Rays fans, and all they keep saying is they waited 10 years for a WS win, I am a Phillies fan!

So, what's the cert for? I hope you were able to get through some chapters last night.

By the way, everyone, it was 42 degrees here in WDW this morning! The frost is on the old Mickey pumpkin for sure here! I think we broke a cold record for coldest night in October.

Although I don't feel too bad. Phil texted me a pic this morning of his front yard...Buffalo got 6 inches of snow last night :scared1:

Oh, dont mention snow! UGH! LOL

We had lots last year! We did have flurries a few days ago....I looked out the window and saw white stuff on my neighbors roof across the street.....not yet, please!!!!!!

Is everybody getting ready for Halloween?

I havent been able to get Ava out of her Sleeping Beauty dress/costume since last THursday..lol
My fault, I took her to her Music TOgether class in it...THINKING it was the day to dress up the kids..WRONG..its this Thursday!!
Needless to say, she loved it, I was a bit red faced!! OOPS! Nothing like walking into a classroom with 1o other little ones and their moms.....and me asking, Why isnt everyone dressed up?! DUH!

Oh, dont mention snow! UGH! LOL

We had lots last year! We did have flurries a few days ago....I looked out the window and saw white stuff on my neighbors roof across the street.....not yet, please!!!!!!

Is everybody getting ready for Halloween?

I havent been able to get Ava out of her Sleeping Beauty dress/costume since last THursday..lol
My fault, I took her to her Music TOgether class in it...THINKING it was the day to dress up the kids..WRONG..its this Thursday!!
Needless to say, she loved it, I was a bit red faced!! OOPS! Nothing like walking into a classroom with 1o other little ones and their moms.....and me asking, Why isnt everyone dressed up?! DUH!

Ooops! Yeah, I know that feeling, only with a boy, and you have met Ben, I bought him this mask at Target that spews real blood. Well, you can imagine how hard it is to get him NOT to wear it till Friday night. We have several kids in the hood under the age of 9, so this will go over real well! :eek: :rolleyes1 This is one of the costumes he has. The other is a mask from "Dawn of the Dead" from 1985. This is last year's costume...hey, he's recycling! I didn't have to spend a lot of money on his costume this year.

Although mine is another story...yes, I am dressing up. Hee hee.:rolleyes1

We have been invited to our next door neighbor's house, who is notorious for his imagination. He has worked for Disney, Universal and several other themeparks consulting. In fact, he was the Chief Design Guy (CDG?) for Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach. They have unbelievable props and special effects, so this will be a great party. I have to say, this is one of the really cool things about living in Celebration. You find out what people do for a living and say, "Wow, you really do that? How cool is that?!!!"

Forgive me, but did I read where you are NOT coming down? Why? What's the deal? What has stopped you? I missed that part of the thread being AWOL.

....can YOU say H-U-S-B-A-N-D??? :furious: ...and to think - I actually got ressies at WL for $633.38 for the 2 nights w/tax (woods view!)...:confused3 guess I gotta cancel....

animal-kingdom-lodge-map-aerial.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter