AKL Kidani Village Housekeeping

SuperDisneyDad

DIS Veteran
We will be staying in a 1 bedroom Villa in AKL Kidani Village for 7 nights, and I'm confused about the housekeeping service we will receive, as I've read a couple different things. Note that we are NOT DVC members, so we are essentially paying 'cash' for our stay (not using DVC points). In that situation, will we get full-service 'mousekeeping' each day, or do we follow the "normal" schedule where they do trash & replenish supplies ONLY on day 4?

As a side question ... we have a washer/dryer in our villa. How much laundry detergent is provided? Should we bring our own?

Thanks!

Hi,

We stayed at Kidani several years ago and loved it. Yes you will receive daily housekeeping. One day they forgot to clean our room, I made sure after that to call housekeeping as we were leaving to go to the parks to request to have the room cleaned.

On our trips I bring these all packs
th
for laundry as they only leave you a packet for 1 wash. (They travel light ) I also bring some bounce drier sheets in a baggie as well.

If you booked directly through Disney or Disney through a TA (so not using points at all, not even a points rental), you should receive daily housekeeping. Should. Now will you? In our experience it's hit or miss, maybe they show up 50% of the time and when you call they always act like they didn't know you were paying cash. It's a very spotty service and we've stayed at five different DVCs.

I think what happens is turning over the units takes priority. When they do show up it's always after 3 pm and sometimes at that point we would already be back from the parks and just want to chill.

Anyway, yes you will get daily housekeeping but don't be surprised if it's not consistent. If I come back from the parks and it's not done, I just pick up the place myself in 15 minutes and spare myself the agida of complaining. I pack a few packs of Clorox wipes, wipe stuff down, do the garbage if needed and leave it outside the door, run the dishes, pull up the beds, done. I will call for towels if I am out of those and they are very receptive to dropping off anything you need.

They do leave you detergent but I think bringing your own is a good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter