AKL Kidani or Jambo?

brandyleeann

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

I am currently working to book a reservation through David's Vacation Club for our first time stay at WDW. We are only staying for two nights before our Disney Fantasy 7-Day Cruise, and would like to stay at AKL. David's Vacation Club has confirmed availability for both Kidani and Jambo. What is the difference between the two? Which do you prefer? Thanks for your help!!!

Brandy

I am a DVC member and a BIG Jambo House fan (it is my favorite resort on property). The reason I like Jambo house better than Kidani is because Jambo is where all the action is, it is the main resort so there are more dining options, a larger gift shop, bigger (and more beautiful) lobby. I have stayed at Kidani and although it is very nice and the rooms are slightly bigger, I feel a little out of the loop staying there. Honestly, either choice will be amazing!

Have stayed at both and both are lovely!:cheer2: Having said that, Jambo is my favorite because I like having quick serve and other restaurants right there. On our December trip, Kidani always got dropped off first at the end of the evening and picked up first, so if that is important, that would sway me to Kidani!
ENJOY!:banana: Both LOVELY resorts!:goodvibes

I have stayed at both. I absolutely love the Jambo lobby, restaurants, pool and overall vibe. It's a really happening place. :hippie:BUT, I do prefer the studio layout at Kidani. Even though it's not more square feet, it feels like it. Also, alot of people prefer the Savannah view at Kidani because you can potentially be closer to the animals, i.e. lower floors.

All that being said, I personally will always choose Jambo over Kidani.

I guess I am Kidani fan over Jambo house, because Kidani is so quiet. You feel you are in a remote location in Africa. Yes it is a 10 min walk to Jambo if you want QS or go to JiKos or Bomas but Saana has great food. I do like the pool at Kidani over the pool at Jambo.

Thanks everyone! I booked Jambo and am really excited! I think with our small kids (3 and 5), it will be nice to be closer to the larger pool and restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter