AKL Jumbo running.

geniegirl

DIS Veteran
we are staying at Jumbo and my partner is training for a marathon while there and on weekends she runs 8 miles, yes I know she's nuts. Anyways are their any trails or paths that she can run on, we do have access to a car if they are not at AKL. Looking for it to be at least 4 miles and she will double back if needed.

Unfortunately, AKV itself doesn't have great running opportunities. I know that when we were at BCV, the lobby concierge gave DH a couple suggested running routes, along with mileage so that every morning he just left our room and off he ran. Other resorts might also do that. I've seen lots of runners running at POR. Also, I'd imagine Fort Wilderness might have some nice, scenic trails. Perhaps their lobby concierges can help. BTW, your partner isn't totally nuts. Now the Dopey Challenge, which DH is training for-that's nuts! Four consecutive days-5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon, then finish up on day 4 with a marathon. About 48 miles in 4 days-that's nuts!

AKL is probably the worst resort on property for running. In January, DH and I would take a bus to DHS and then run around the Epcot resort area...it's a nice place to run. SSR and OKW are also really good places to run, so she could drive over there.

Don't they have lions at AKL? That would be a great motivator!

Sorry, bad joke. As a marathoner myself who has tried to keep up training on all kinds of vacations, I totally understand. Is she totally against the treadmill? 8 miles is not that much and she could make sure to set the incline at 2% to simulate wind resistance, put a few shows on the old iPad and she's golden!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter