AKL - Jambo/Rented points, question about stay

livibug

Mouseketeer
We were lucky enough to rent points very cheap from a friend of a friend so we are booked at Jambo house - deluxe studio, standard view in June. Our owner is pretty sure we will be treated just like they are for our stay - but they really had no clue :) since it is not their home resort. Can someone "check my math" on these questions or offer some insight?

We should be on level 5, not 6 since we are not concierge? and while there is an slim to none outside shot for a savanna view, most likely it will be pool view?

I am assuming since we are staying 8 nights we get full service on day 4 and nothing else? So I take it towels / trash don't get refreshed at all except for on day 4 - unless we pay whatever the fee is?

Do we have access to free laundry? (Assuming we bring our own detergent)

If I buy our tickets through undercover tourist I am assuming I can just link them to our KTTW card (or magicband) for charging and park admission, etc..?

As I understand we get a mini fridge and dvd player, but at AKL Jambo do we get anything else - coffee maker, cups, plates.. I have seen some references to that.

Anything else that will "differentiate" our stay versus regular AKL rooms?

Needless to say we are very excited about this. After 4 stays at values this is going to be great!

We were lucky enough to rent points very cheap from a friend of a friend so we are booked at Jambo house - deluxe studio, standard view in June. Our owner is pretty sure we will be treated just like they are for our stay - but they really had no clue :) since it is not their home resort. Can someone "check my math" on these questions or offer some insight?

We should be on level 5, not 6 since we are not concierge? and while there is an slim to none outside shot for a savanna view, most likely it will be pool view? Right. You will be on the 5th floor.

I am assuming since we are staying 8 nights we get full service on day 4 and nothing else? So I take it towels / trash don't get refreshed at all except for on day 4 - unless we pay whatever the fee is? Not sure about this. The longest we've stayed is 6 nights.

Do we have access to free laundry? (Assuming we bring our own detergent) Yes, you will have access to free laundry with your room key.

If I buy our tickets through undercover tourist I am assuming I can just link them to our KTTW card (or magicband) for charging and park admission, etc..? They can link your UT tickets to your room key.

As I understand we get a mini fridge and dvd player, but at AKL Jambo do we get anything else - coffee maker, cups, plates.. I have seen some references to that. There is a coffee maker. I forgot what else comes in a studio. We usually stay in a 2 BR. Hopefully someone else can answer this.

Needless to say we are very excited about this. After 4 stays at values this is going to be great!

Have a great trip! You will LOVE Animal Kingdom Villas!

The studios come with plasticware and paper plates. You should get full clean on day 4 with check in being day 1 and T&T on day 8. Mousekeeping isn't always consistent so you might need to call them.

:earsboy: Bill

I am assuming since we are staying 8 nights we get full service on day 4 and nothing else? So I take it towels / trash don't get refreshed at all except for on day 4 - unless we pay whatever the fee is?

DVC is a "home away from home" concept. so you mostly make your own beds and if the trash builds up before the 4th day, you take it out to the trash room/chute nearby.

As I understand we get a mini fridge and dvd player, but at AKL Jambo do we get anything else - coffee maker, cups, plates.. I have seen some references to that.

plus a microwave and toaster, i think.

you may want to bring your own coffee and filters if you are big coffee drinkers. all they give you is a starter pack.

http://allears.net/acc/dvcstudioamenities.htm

In addition to the small (undercounter) refrigerator you will have a microwave, toaster and coffee maker that takes the flat bottom filters. You get just a few (maybe four?) paper plates and paper bowls and some plastic utensils. We like to fix breakfast in the room so when we stay in a studio, we pack some plastic disposable bowls and plates and then wash and re-use them every day. We also bring coffee filters and our own coffee. You do get a starter pack good for making one pot of coffee but Disney-supplied coffee is not very good. If you put sugar in your coffee you will need to bring some sugar packets. You can buy creamer in the resort store.

On all of our studio stays we have had a real paring knife. We used it to cut up fresh fruit in the morning. I don't know if it's standard equipment in a studio or if it was moved from the attached 1BR unit and not put back.

You do know that you will get one queen bed and one full size sofa bed instead of the two queen beds in the Resort rooms.

Since you will be there 8 nights 9 days, you will get full cleaning service on the fourth day (and you count day of arrival as one) and you also get a trash and towel (empty trash, change towels, replenish soap items) on the eighth day, meaning the day before you leave.

livibug said:
Trash and towel is day 4, full service is not until day 8. They don't replace anything before day 4. You need to hang up the towels and reuse them. I think you can ask for new towels before day 4, but they do charge a fee. I've heard sometimes they will just give them to you, but I have never asked for them.

Trash and towel is day 4, full service is not until day 8. They don't replace anything before day 4. You need to hang up the towels and reuse them. I think you can ask for new towels before day 4, but they do charge a fee. I've heard sometimes they will just give them to you, but I have never asked for them.
For stays of 7 nights or less, T&T is on day 4. For stays of 8 nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day 4, T&T on day 8. That pattern repeats until checkout.

Trash and Towel is day 4 for stays less than 8 nights. The information in the post above yours is correct.

Trash and Towel is day 4 for stays less than 8 nights. The information in the post above yours is correct.
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't read far enough down on the member website to see the difference in room cleaning for longer stays. I never stay that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter