AKL Jambo House Studio location question

JennP78

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I am considering renting points for a studio at AKL Jambo house. I'm going through a broker. It's very important to me to be near the counter service and bus stop - especially the latter. Can someone advise me as to what area I need to request, if any? Is there a certain building I should ask for? Is it even possible to make this type of request? I'm not sure if we're going to do Savannah view or not. It's a short trip and we'll rarely be in the room so I wasn't sure if it was worth the expense.

I found a map of the property but frankly it was fuzzy and small and trying to read it was giving me a headache.

Thanks so much!
Jenn

I believe there are only 5 studios in Jambo. These go very quickly!! They are all part of lock-offs, so anyone wanting a value studio or value 2 bedroom are trying to claim them. I have never had one but I understand that these studios are just by chance and you are lucky to just get one. Maybe someone else will have a different answer. Good Luck!!

I believe there are only 5 studios in Jambo. These go very quickly!! They are all part of lock-offs, so anyone wanting a value studio or value 2 bedroom are trying to claim them. I have never had one but I understand that these studios are just by chance and you are lucky to just get one. Maybe someone else will have a different answer. Good Luck!!

The Concierge Level on the 6th floor only has 5 2-bedroom lock-offs. Jambo House has about 25% of the total Villas available at AKV.

The link below is a map of 5th floor DVC rooms in Jambo House. The white spaces near the entrance are regular hotel rooms that DVC did not take over when they converted the 5th floor to DVC rooms.
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

Hi all,

I am considering renting points for a studio at AKL Jambo house. I'm going through a broker. It's very important to me to be near the counter service and bus stop - especially the latter. Can someone advise me as to what area I need to request, if any? Is there a certain building I should ask for? Is it even possible to make this type of request? I'm not sure if we're going to do Savannah view or not. It's a short trip and we'll rarely be in the room so I wasn't sure if it was worth the expense.

I found a map of the property but frankly it was fuzzy and small and trying to read it was giving me a headache.

Thanks so much!
Jenn

For AKV, there are two buildings. Jambo House and Kidani Village. Both are booking categories. You will know when the reservation is made which building you are staying in.

Only Jambo House has counter service, so if that is important you will want to make sure you reserve that building.

Both buildings share bus transportation, but have their own bus stops.

Hi all,

Thanks so much!
Jenn

If you are looking to save money by booking the Value studios, they are about three feet shorter in depth than the standard or savanna studio. Plus they are very limited in number and go quickly at 11 months out to members who own there - they also want to save money. So you might wind up booking a standard or savanna studio if you are booking later than 11 months out. The value villas are only located in Jambo House and they have various views that cannot be requested.

Thank you all!

One more ? - what does lock off v. dedicated mean?

A dedicated studio is not connected to a 1 bedroom to make a 2 bedroom villa. There are dedicated studios at Jambo House. There are no dedicated 1 or 2 bedrooms at Jambo house. Every 1 bedroom is connected to a studio, so that it COULD be part of a 2 bedroom, it can be booked as a 1 bedroom. Every 2 bedroom in Jambo could be broken up to be used as a 1 bedroom and a studio. So, all 2 bedrooms in Jambo are lock offs.

Kidani has dedicated 2 bedrooms. Those have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom, and a huge balcony that extends as far as all 3 rooms.

At Jambo, all DVC rooms are either on the 5th or 6th floor, while at Kidani they are on floors 2 through 5.

only 5 studios at Jambo house.? so not true. see the map: erionm posted a link in post 3.

we have stayed at AKL (jambo house) 2x on points. both times we booked at 7 months. value rooms were our 1st choice, and both times we got our 2nd choice, standard studio. th epool view is very nice!! in fact both times we got the exact same room!(5436) right around the corner from the elevator that goes to the pool entrance near the kiddie wading pool.. very convenient to mara, too!

Stayed in a Value at Jambo House about 2 years ago on a very last minute booking (booked only 2 month ahead), so it IS possible to get a value after the 7 month mark.

I requested "Close to Lobby" and we got the very first room off the lobby on Ostrich trail, and it was even a Savannah view. Loved it!

If you want to be close to these areas, you could ask for a studio near the lobby. We had room 5401 which is the first room right next to the main elevators; it overlooks the lobby and has a great view of the pool. We loved it! Yes, you can hear people in the lobby below and the elevators a bit but I don't mind the elevators and really want to be near the lobby activity.

I'd ask for that area again. It's quite close to everything.

If you want to be close to these areas, you could ask for a studio near the lobby. We had room 5401 which is the first room right next to the main elevators; it overlooks the lobby and has a great view of the pool. We loved it! Yes, you can hear people in the lobby below and the elevators a bit but I don't mind the elevators and really want to be near the lobby activity.

I'd ask for that area again. It's quite close to everything.

We had the same room (5401) LOVED it!!!Great location:thumbsup2

Would go with standard (pool view) or value view.

at the value view take the elevator (this is a single elevator - close to the value view - pool area) to the 3rd floor - then take the steps next (exit) to this elevator - between 3rd and 2nd floor is a door - shortcut to the buses

at the standard view (pool view) - take the elevator (again single elevator-down the hall) to the first floor - (this is also the kids club area if you have kids) - you are at the swimming pool - Mara is just a couple of doors down.

Hi Jenn,

In case it wasn't clear from the previous responses, the Bus is sort of at the end of the Giraffe Trail and The Mara (Counter Service) is near the Uzima Pool area. That might help when looking at the map erionm sent. (btw, I had not seen that map before and it is VERY nice!!! :thumbsup2)

I was able to book a savanna room studio villa for cheaper than a savanna view room (not villa I guess) are the room better on the 5th or 6th floor? I got a pin for this. Are they more preferred rooms? :confused:

I was able to book a savanna room studio villa for cheaper than a savanna view room (not villa I guess) are the room better on the 5th or 6th floor? I got a pin for this. Are they more preferred rooms? :confused:

depends. studios are similar in size to hotel rooms but are set up differently. all AKV studios have 1 queen bed and 1 pullout sofabed plus a kitchenette. if you are at jambo house (the old AKL), all the studios are on the 5th floor (except a few club level on 6th)...i'd rather be closer to the animals but i don't think it's that big of a deal.

chalee94 said:
depends. studios are similar in size to hotel rooms but are set up differently. all AKV studios have 1 queen bed and 1 pullout sofabed plus a kitchenette. if you are at jambo house (the old AKL), all the studios are on the 5th floor (except a few club level on 6th)...i'd rather be closer to the animals but i don't think it's that big of a deal.

Oh ok thanks! I was thinking the same thing about being closer to animals, but I guess they have a microwave in them which is pretty neat too! Thanks!

If there are only two of you, a studio might work. But if you have a group of three or four, someone is going to have to sleep on the double sleeper sofa bed. There is only one real queen bed in the room.

To me, a microwave doesn't make up for a real bed.

DVC villas are on the fifth and sixth floors of Jambo House. The sixth floor is the concierge villas and there are only five two bedroom lockoffs. Three have a partially blocked savanna view, the other two have a pool view. They go quickly to members at 11 months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter