AKL - go in 2009 or 2010 ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We have been to WDW 4 times - since our DD was 7 and DS was 10.
We have stayed at WL once, CR once and Dolphin twice.

I want to try AKL next time. So many great reviews of AKL on this board.
Refrigerators in the rooms and the required bunk beds for our family (DS will be 17 or 18 and DD will be 14 or 15).:woohoo:

I understand DVC's will be now at AKL by 2009 ? 2010 ?
When they are completed - another great pool will be added :cool1:
So when does the construction of the DVC end ?
When will the DVC's and the new pool be completed ?

I do not mind waiting :hourglass 3 years before our next adventure. It will give us more time to save our $$'s and earn points (a penny for every dollar) on our Chase Disney Visa card.

Also, this past Easter when we went to WDW our DS & DD felt like they knew the rides too well. They like the Flower & Garden show and the new WDW rides - please do not get me wrong. We are still a WDW fanatic family. (DD is having a pirate: Cast Away Cay themed birthday party this year).

Would you stay at AKL in 2009 or 2010 ?
Thank you for your opinions. :thumbsup2

Anyone know when the AKL construction will be done ?

well they are still working on converting the AKL rooms to Villas inside the Lodge.

they haven't even started on the big building. they are surpose to start on it when they are through with the lodge.

here is the plan

look at the maps of this resort
http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/guest/resorts/resortDetail?id=ProspectsDAKVMapDirectionsPage

this is a big building so if they start on in June, 2008 - then I would not expect it to be ready until at least 2010.

i would play it safe and go in 2010.

there could be some minor bits of construction ion '09 that is why i say play it safe--let the cast members get settled in and know the new stuff---then go. HAve FUn

I just got off the phone w/ WDW travel. The Cm says they expect all aspects of construction to be finished in April 2009.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter