AKL/CSR MAJOR urgent help needed !

PrinceAboooboo

Earning My Ears
Hey guys!

So I currently have a reservation at csr for 9 days in 2 weeks. I am a single male, and i'm going on a solo trip! However, I wanted to change the last two nights in my reservation to AKL savcannah but was told there is a 75 dollar total fee to do that.

SO my problem is, i'm now kind of considering changing the whole reservation to AKL instead, which would make it no fee, and i need input. What do you guys think? Thoughts on akl vs csr? specifically catered to my situation.

I'm an odd guy, I work as an actor and just got off a three month run of a DEPRESSING show. i'm going by myself, in my 20s with a good amount of energy, looking for something beautiful where i can relax and enjoy myself to the fullest. i'm on the dining plan. The money isn't too much of an issue, just checking if the paying is worth it.

Any thoughts about the resorts? Would it be worth it to change the whole reservation? thanks!

I love AKL. Great place for relaxation. I have never stayed at CSR. A change to the savanna view for the entire stay will be a lot higher than the $75 fee though.

My two favorite resorts. What are you looking for? Relaxation? Long outside strolls? You cannot go wrong either way. If you think you'd like to be where there is better food, do AKL. The lobby is amazing. I love the openness of CSR though.

Tough choice.

@kbonner I know, but a part of me is saying "if you're gonna pay an extra sum for no reason, screw it, might as well just upgrade the whole thing, and not pay money for no reason". The money isn't too much of an issue at this point.

@DoryDorito I'm looking for a mix of relaxation and fun, I'm just curious if akl is worth the extra in comparison to csr?

I think that you would enjoy AKL. You get the benefits of access to both Jambo House and Kidani Village. Victoria Falls is a great place to wind down at the end of the day.

@kbonner I know, but a part of me is saying "if you're gonna pay an extra sum for no reason, screw it, might as well just upgrade the whole thing, and not pay money for no reason". The money isn't too much of an issue at this point.

@DoryDorito I'm looking for a mix of relaxation and fun, I'm just curious if akl is worth the extra in comparison to csr?

Definitely go for it! There is no comparison, IMO-- especially if money isn't a big issue. :thumbsup2

Hey guys!

So I currently have a reservation at csr for 9 days in 2 weeks. I am a single male, and i'm going on a solo trip! However, I wanted to change the last two nights in my reservation to AKL savcannah but was told there is a 75 dollar total fee to do that.

SO my problem is, i'm now kind of considering changing the whole reservation to AKL instead, which would make it no fee, and i need input. What do you guys think? Thoughts on akl vs csr? specifically catered to my situation.

I'm an odd guy, I work as an actor and just got off a three month run of a DEPRESSING show. i'm going by myself, in my 20s with a good amount of energy, looking for something beautiful where i can relax and enjoy myself to the fullest. i'm on the dining plan. The money isn't too much of an issue, just checking if the paying is worth it.

Any thoughts about the resorts? Would it be worth it to change the whole reservation? thanks!

I'm with the others who say you can't really go wrong with either place. They're both gorgeous.

I will, however, give an edge to AKL due to the fabulous artwork, amazing lobby, food, animal viewing, etc. OH, and don't miss the night-vision goggles to look at the animals out on the savannah at night! Fun!

I'm excited for you!!!

In your situation I would go for the AKL the entire trip! It's a beautiful hotel that is perfect for a solo trip, I have often wandered it alone. It would be one of my top picks for a solo trip!

You would have an interior hotel room with a balcony overlooking the savanna with animals vs a exterior entrance "motel" style with no outdoor space. When we had a savanna balcony we loved just taking our morning coffee or evening drinks out there and enjoying the beauty of it. It is truly a very unique experience and I am sure will give you the relaxing time to recharge.

The hotel itself is stunning with multiple really good restaurants, artwork all over the resort, several fireplaces/firepit, several beautiful areas to view the animals, Victoria Falls lounge, African musicians and we love having conversations with the various CMs from all around Africa about their countries.

To be honest.....if youre switching to a delux resort, why not book one with a better location? AKL looks nice, but I figure if youre upgrading to a delux, might as well make it worth it. AKL doesnt have a boat or monorail....clearly, because of where its located. Maybe book one either on the monorail or by Epcot/HS?

The Boardwalk or BC/YC looks like a fun place for a single guy. Its an easy walk over to epcot for dinner any night you wish! So many great choices at epcot. At night if you want something different, grab a drink at jelly rolls. Perfect place to go on a solo trip.

If you like MK, Contemporary or WL might for you. @ WL you travel to MK by boat, @ Contemporary its the monorail. Both are lovely resorts.

Im not a fan of the poly, :confused3 thats why I never mentioned it.

Back to the topic at hand.....if money isnt an issue, I guess AKL would be the way to go. Both are lovely resorts. You will have fun at either.

AKL and CSR are my two favorite resorts. If you most want to relax and absorb the atmosphere there is no better place than AKL. I choose it for my trips when relaxing is my focus. However, before I was married and went to Disney with single friends I chose CSR. There is sometimes good night life at the lounges there, especially during a convention.

I've never heard of the change fee for upgrading, I think the CM who told you that is wrong. I have heard of a $50 change fee (maybe it did go up to $75) for a change ONLY IF the package total goes down. Obviously your package total is going up if moving up to AKL. So, my point is, either way - do not pay the fee! If they try to stick you with it again, insist you shouldn't since you're total is going up. :thumbsup2

Just got back from a short stay at CSR - previously I have stayed at AKL and loved it. I would have said AKL all the way before staying at CSR but I actually really liked it and felt there was a lot to see. However, I think since you are on the dining plan that would be my final tipping point toward AKL. I did not like the food at CSR too much, but at AKL you have great options for both table service and quick service. And zebra domes are the perfect use of snack credits! That would be my pick :goodvibes

We have stayed at most of the Disney resorts. Our favorites are AKL, WL, and Beach Club. Our least favorite, by a mile is CSR. The food was so bad we had to take the bus to the Boardwalk to eat. It is also very spread out. By contrast, AKL has excellent restaurants and everything is under one roof. Great ambiance. If money is not an issue, the choice is a no brainer for me.

Also, staying for 9 days I'd consider a split stay with WL. Another great resort with great ambiance and a boat ride away from the MK. Or with Beach Club, where you can walk into Epcot at night to take advantage of the restaurants. You can also walk to the Boardwalk. We always do split stays and feel like it's 2 vacations in one.

The thing about AKL is, even if you have a savannah view, you don't know which animals will be outside your window.

I saw these guys:

and this ostrich:

That was it.

The advertising makes it seem like there will be zebras and giraffes outside of all savannah view rooms all the time, but that's just not true. There are viewing areas throughout the resort where you can see the animals, but don't assume you will see your favorites outside your window.

Also, the animals from each area are called into the barn for about 2 hours each morning. So if you think you'll sit on your balcony and watch animals while you drink your coffee each morning, that might not work depending on your schedule and your room location.

For the length of time you're going to be there, I agree with the PP who said do a split stay. I'd do some time at AKL and some time at the Epcot resort area (Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan or Dolphin). It's really nice to be able to walk over to Epcot when you feel like it.

We did have zebras, giraffes, and Okapi (I think) and it was amazing. Loved it. Be back in June.

I have only stayed at the CSR out of the two and I loved it but I were then traveling with a freind and not alone. Honestly, if I were to go on a solotrip I would go for the AKL. The CSR is just lovely but it is so big it feels like you are seperated from everybodyelse and when traveling alone I get enough of that. On the otherside, and this is stricktly a girl thing. I would not like to take the possibly longish walk through darkish areas to get to my room in the evenings alone. And to go completly off topic, have you checked out the adults and solo travelers thread? A lot of tips and ideas there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter