AKL Concierge

helenm29

FIGMENTED
Can anyone tell me a little about the AKL concierge? do you know if the concierge suites are in a specific area of the resort? any info would be a great help to me! thanks, Helen

Stayed there last summer. The CL rooms are on the 5th and 6th floor... most are on the 6th floor. The lounge is great, the staff is great. I really loved it.

Are you asking about suites or concierge (non suite) rooms?

If rooms .. here's the info.. the whole 6th floor are concierge rooms and that's where the lounge is. The rest of the rooms are on the 5th floor. But .. there is some confusion right now about "standard" concierge rooms that may be on other floors.

I know that some of the one bedroom suites are located at the very ends of the wings. If you look at the pic below .. where the rounded roofs are .. those are suites. You can tell they are double the size of the rooms below. This pic was taken on the Sunset Safari.

cattlepb.jpg

On this pic, the area with the large rounded balcony is one of the large suites. They are right off the lobby.

AKL1.jpg

The 5th floor has savannah views. The 6th floor doesn't. The staff is wonderful and the food is okay to good (anything between breakfast and dinner is not worth going back for). I like AKL C

As CoolDisneyCat said most of the suites are on the very ends of the wings, this makes for a very long walk to the 6th floor lounge. There are very few rooms on the 6th floor. Pool view are usually smoking and there are about 6 savanah view rooms overlooking the sunset savanah.

The two bedroom suites are located at the ends of the trails and "branches". They usually face in two different directions with the living room/master bedroom being one long balcony and the second bedroom facing a different direction. They can be on any floor. The views at the ends are to die for! The one bedroom suites are scattered throughout, I believe. Both the presidential suite and the VP suite are located fifth floor, first doors to the right and left of the lobby off those trails.

The sixth floor rooms are either pool view smoking optional or sunset savannah view.

We like the AKL concierge. The staff was outstanding! The food was good but nothing spectacular but god. The rooms for concierge are deluxe rooms which are bigger than the standard rooms. If you prefer to be on another floor besides 5 or 6 you can get a standard savannah view room and still have concierge added onto it. That must be what the reference is to standard concierge. I know we told them that if they couldn't give us a deluxe concierge room with a savannah view we would take one of the standard rooms. We got a deluxe room, though, so it wasn't a problem.

Keep in mind that the food that you get isn't meant to replace meals but the morning was more than enough for us. If something wasn't out and we wanted it, all we did was ask and they got it right to us. Anything that I asked for was not a problem. They even noticed that my son did his homework every morning while we there and at the end they gave him a special "atta boy" gift. One gal there serving food really stood out. Her name was Teresa ... she was an angel! We will return but this year I am trying the YC/BC and then next year think I will try the Poly. We will then return to the AKL. If it were up to DH and DS(8) we would be back at the AKL....but since this year it is our 25th wedding anniversary trip ... I get to choose. :cool1:

We have a 1 bedroom suite, concierge level. I am a little confused on where those rooms are?

Hey cjsmom5...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :thumbsup2 WOW! 25 YEARS! there are not many of us out there any more it seems so Congratulations on that also! :woohoo: We've been lucky enough to stay at the Yacht Club and it was really a great place to stay! you have a wonderful view, the boat doc's right there and you can walk right into Epcot! all the food was wonderful, especially Cape May! We had a tought decision to make not staying there this time but everyone wanted to try something different so we're staying 2 days at AKL and 8 days at Poly. Hope you have a great stay and a wonderful time! Helen

AKL concierge IPO just called me and I managed to get a few things cleared up about the rooms/view. The 6th floor has 12 deluxe rooms 6 smoking facing the pool 6 nonsmoking facing the sunset savannah. The rooms have regular balconies and thatched roofs that come down "slightly" impeding the view. The balconies still have slats not half walls. The sunset savannah isnt as "pretty" BUT you apparantly see more animals becasue it is right near the watering hole. There are also a number of suites on this floor. The other deluxe rooms are on the 5th floor facing the arusha savannah. The other suites are located at the ends of each building/outcropping so therefore these suites can be on any floor but your key card will give you access to the 6th floor along with the guests housed on the 5th floor. I hope that helps. I was going to change my room this morning but now have decided to keep it on the 6th floor after talking with the IPO. If you would feel better just call like I did and they will go over everything with you. Have a great trip and good luck with the planning.

Thank you so much for the information. I sort of figured it was a hit or miss as far as rooms go because of when you make your reservation. I have to think on where we want and I'd better hurry! :thumbsup2

helenm29 said:
We have a 1 bedroom suite, concierge level. I am a little confused on where those rooms are?

:) So am I!

What views do the one bedroom suites have? Do any over look the pool?

This is one of our concerns with AKL CL. I want to be able to be sure that my room will look out at the savannahs. I can see the 'animal' varieties that inhabit the pool area without leaving Virginia ;)

Do concierge deluxe rooms sleep 5? We would need 2 queens and a daybed or 1 queen, bunks and a day bed.

Thanks for the great info on AKL.

They tell you that they can not guarantee you a savannah view room in Concierge. That being said, they said that if you request it they try to accomodate you. For five people you would definitely want to have a deluxe room. All the savannah view rooms, though, have two queen beds (unless you get a king) and a daybed. Our room had bunkbeds, two queen beds, and for some reason I think it did also have a daybed.

I know our regular savannah view room (not concierge which they call deluxe) had two queen beds and a daybed in it.

If for some reason you do not get a savannah view deluxe (concierge) you can ask to be put in a standard savannah view room. But, as I recall most of the concierge rooms are savannah view rooms with only a few being pool, unless you need a smoking room. Then you might end up with a pool view. Take a look at the earlier post that outlines the type of view rooms that are savannah and those that are not. I think there were only about 12 pool view rooms but I could be wrong.

We are staying in a 1BR this December. Don at IPO informed me that there are 5 1BR suites, 4 of which have savannah views, and 1 of which has a pool view. 4 of the rooms have a standard balcony, one has the rounded balcony.

Interesting! when we booked our 1 bedroom suite...SAVANNAH view, that's what we thought we were getting! now it looks as though we might not? I sure hope we do or they might have another sort of wildlife on their hands! :rotfl2: It would be great to see the animals from our room but we can always go walking and see them right? At this stage I'll be happy just to GET THERE! :thumbsup2
Thanks to all who have answered my question! I so appreciate the feedback! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Helen

There are lots of places located throughout the resort to view animals. We often found that walking down to the end of the U (each end) and going out on the stairs (floor 3) that you get a great view -- this isn't an advertised viewing area but it works great, too. Remember to go out and see the animals at night using the night vision equipment. If you haven't done this before it is lots of fun.

We had a pool view but the arusha zebra trail viewing area was just to the left of our door on the second floor. It was so amazing the animals were so close. We had to pry the little one away. Also go down the to the arusha rock the cm's there tell you all kinds of neat facts about the animals and the umbellas are mist unbrellas that keep you cool. It was dead during the day when we were just hanging around and taking advantage of the resort. Have fun and yes you will see many animals. You can also help feed the flamingos. The kids loved this. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter