AKL Concierge VS 1BDR BWV which is better?

IWISHFORDISNEY

<font color=darkorchid>Cant get enough of the mous
We really liked the 1 BDR villa at the BW the last stay we had but recently fell in love with the AKL. I can stay at the AKL Concierge level or a 1BDR villa at the BW or BC. Which would you choose? We are traveling with a 21 month old child also. We have chosen to eat at Boma 2 nights and Epcot 2 nights so that is a toss up as far as location for dinner.

The 1BDR with a 21 month old is such a good way to go. The little one can go down whenever he or she needs to, and you can be awake in the other room. Also, the travel on the buses is a lot harder with a stroller than the walk or boat from BW to Epcot and MGM. I don't think this one is even close. Take the BWV for a more relaxing and convenient stay.

Since you have the baby, I vote for the villa, too. Having the washer and dryer, kitchen and seperate room for the baby to nap will all be wonderful. Between BC and BW, I would go with BCV. I have found it quieter there than at the BWV.

I would wait and stay AKL concierge when the baby is older and you can go on one of the safaris.

I have to agree. If it were just the two of you, or your child were older, I would say AKL hands down, since you know already know you like BWV. It would be a new experience that you would probably enjoy. But having a separate room for baby to nap, play, w/d in room, microwave in room, seems like it would be much easier.

Ok maybe I should add this. My baby sleeps anywhere/any time. We do co-sleep so that is where my issue is. It would be easier for me and DH to have a room at the AKL with 2 beds and each take turns sleeping with him so we each get alone time every other evening. The villa only has a king size bed and doesnt offer 2 queens. Also we are not taking a car and would have to call a company to stock the villa. Where as at AKL I would have all those goodies at the concierge lounge. I love love love the villa and that is why I am hesitant. However on our recent trip last week the baby loved the animals and the zero entry pool was great fun for him. Everyone was so nice an accomadating it made us fall in love with AKL. Maybe that will help explain my situation a bit better. I have always sworn to stay in the Epcot resort area but now I am torn. :confused3

Honestly, you really don't sound torn. It sounds like you really want to stay at AKL. So, if that is what your heart is telling you, go for it.

Although, I would also choose the villa. We were there in June and we stayed at the BWV 1 bedroom and at AKL. I prefer BWV. The location is great and the space was wonderful. Although, I had 3 kids not one small child so space was more of an issue for us. AKL is beautiful but the rooms seemed small to me.

Either is a good choice.

Good luck in your decision. :sunny:

Allison you are corret. I do want to stay at AKL but I am afraid I am making a bad decesion for a weeks stay. We were only there 3 days last week and I am wondering what a week would be like there. That is where the amount of space really will matter. I think I may take today to ponder over my decesion.

what does concierge service offer over a standard/savannah room? :confused3

I am probably in the minority here but I vote for the AKL, especially if you already know you like it there. We stayed at BWV and AKL when our son was 2 years old and much preferred the AKL. At that time the pool area was much more manageable with him and the Mara was very convient. When we ate at Boma the servers actually took turns holding our son and walking around with him while we ate- they were wonderful. Actually all the CMs there were incredible. We loved everything about the place and have been back many times since. We stayed conceirge the last time and it was incredible! We have stayed conceirge at every disney resort and this was one of the best. The location of the room was central to everything- at the BWV the walks through the LONG halls got to be a pain. The bus service has always been great when we have been at the AKL and the waiting area is covered which is nice.
The food offering were great and the room itself was georgous. Our son slept better there than any resort we have been in.
I liked the BWV but I loved the AKL!

Thank you dsmom that has made my mind up. My son will be almost 2 and I have the same feeling that you did. The long walks at BWV can be overwhelming but the space is so worth it. However the AKL took very good care of us and our son and paid special attention to all our needs and also entertained him at boma. It seems we had similar experiences. I am gonna change later today I think. Thanks for the imput.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter