AKL concierge question

keam

Earning My Ears
We booked AKL concierge last Thursday for Oct 21 - 25. I emailed them Friday morning with a room preference, a few ADRs we wanted, and I had a question about MNSSHP. As of this afternoon, I hadn't heard anything, so I went ahead and called Disney Dining to set up the ADRs myself and get the tickets for MNSSHP. I was worried we would miss out on a couple of the ADRs if I waited too much longer to hear from concierge. I just emailed concierge to let them know that I already made my ADRs and got my halloween party tickets. I did tell them we would appreciate consideration concerning our room preference and that we needed a bed rail.

What time frame am I looking at for a response, any response - even a simple "Got your email...working on it" would be nice.

Also the CM on the reservation line told me to let "them" know as soon as possible when I had my plane tickets so that Magical Express could be arranged for us. Would "them" be concierge or someone else?

Sincerely,
Kristi

I usually have a great response from them - usually 8-12 hours. But I will say I sent an email over the weekend and haven't heard anything and thought that was strange. If I don't hear by tomorrow I will be calling them.

Don or Juanita usually have replied to me within 24 hours except if it was over a weekend then I herd from them on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. I did get a better response from email than a call. But it is so close I would call again.

That is very strange. They typically respond pretty quick. Since your trip is coming up so fast I'd send another email and give them a quick call. I'm not sure if IPO handles ME reservations or not, but you can ask.

Update....

Received a call from Don from AKL concierge this evening. He was very nice and explained that he had been on vacation and they had a three day backlog of emails. He actually hadn't even gotten to my second email (from this afternoon). He was calling about my first email with the ADR requests. I enjoyed talking to him and just told him that with this being a last minute trip and only a few weeks away, I went ahead and made my ADRs myself today because I was nervous that we would miss out on several of the lunches/dinners that we really wanted if I waited much longer.

Anyway, nice guy. I'm sure we'll enjoy our stay there.

Kristi

I'm glad you were able to speak to someone at AKL. Don is great! He has been extremely helpful to us. I almost always get a response from him whenever I call or email, even though I know others also work in the IPO.

I honestly prefer calling. I love talking to Don and I feel I get more personal attention on the phone. The few e-mails I received from Juantita were not answering my questions at all and then it take more e-mails to get answers. On the phone it's easier. I left a phone message on there once and asked them to call me back and Juanita e-mailed me instead. Didn't care for that as it didn't answer anything i had asked. :( I like the phone and I love Don! :cheer2: I try to call when I think he is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter