AKL Club Level - View??

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Wazzo, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Wazzo

Wazzo DIS Veteran

Hello! :goodvibes

We are thinking about a trip to the AKL club level, and I had some questions.

Are you guaranteed a savannah view at the club level? (The booking states a "standard room", so I wanted to make sure!) If so, which savannahs do they overlook?

Are there any rooms with king beds?

Thanks so much!! :thumbsup2

2. heidijanesmith

heidijanesmith DIS Veteran

We also booked Standard Club level at AKL. I was told by IPO office at AKL, all club rooms have Arusha Savannah views.

I am not sure about the king bed availability. We asked for bunk beds, as we have two teenagers.

3. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Except villas. There are 5 two bedroom DVC lockoffs on the 6th floor. 3 are sunset savanna view, 2 are pool view.

4. Wazzo

Wazzo DIS Veteran

Thank you! We definitely don't need a villa, so it is nice to know that an Arusha Savannah view is guaranteed. I will request a king and see what happens.

Thanks, again.

5. jaykorf001

jaykorf001 DIS Veteran

We are staying CL AKL in June in a standard club level room. It will be an Arusha view (think all stds are) and the itinerary planner was unable to tell me for sure but I think it will be two queens vs a king + something else. It was so confusing. Someone on this board was kind enough to guide me. We paid a little extra for club as we wanted Arusha and club afforded us that and the ability to book the Sunrise Safari.

6. toodycat

toodycat DIS Veteran

We did the same in 2010 for DH's 50th. The Sunrise Safari is totally worth it.