AKL Club Level Stay.

tlkscott

Mouseketeer
I was able to get 5 nights club level for July. This is mostly a resort only stay. We own at AKL but this will be our first club level stay. For the most part we will be hanging at the resort and taking in all that they have to offer there. We will be doing a day AK/MK since we didn't get to go on our last trip. Would love any tips and info from those that have stayed club level there. Thanks in advance for your time.

You will have access to the concierge level IPO. That comes in handy for difficult to get reservations, like BOG. You can send them an email with your ADR days/times and they can set everything up for you when the 180 day mark opens. Sadly, it has been our experience that they generally do not contact us prior to that deadline, so we have reached out to them the last few times we have stayed concierge.

Also, if you want a glass of wine or beer during one of the early servings and they don't have it out, you can ask for it.

Your view from your villa won't be that good, but you'll get a full cleaning every day.

You will have access to the concierge level IPO. That comes in handy for difficult to get reservations, like BOG. You can send them an email with your ADR days/times and they can set everything up for you when the 180 day mark opens. Sadly, it has been our experience that they generally do not contact us prior to that deadline, so we have reached out to them the last few times we have stayed concierge.

Also, if you want a glass of wine or beer during one of the early servings and they don't have it out, you can ask for it.

We were told by the IPO that they have the same access to reservations as the general public. What gives?

:earsboy: Bill

We were told by the IPO that they have the same access to reservations as the general public. What gives?

I don't have knowledge of any exclusive access, but the few times that we used their services in the past, we were able to get BOG, and we rarely have been able to get it on our own. That was back in the first year or two after BOG was opened.

That was also a time when the 180 + 10 ADR reservations did not work for us. I'm not sure that even works now. IPO probably doesn't have to use the clunky MDE to make reservations and have a more direct way of securing them.

The food offerings all day are light but plentiful. Ask if there is something you'd like or more of something you'd like. I am an iced tea drinker so I bring a tumbler with me to fill through the day from the offerings.
If you can,the sunrise safari trip is worth it. We did it a few years ago and loved it. The C level desk can help you arrange if you decide to go.

On checkout day, you have access to the CL level lounge all day until mid-night. So you can hang around the CL lounge without issues, even after you get out of your room at 11 AM.

Heading to Jambo in a week for our first CL stay. DH works from the room during the weekdays, and we will only be going into two parks for parties (MNSSHP & the DVC AK night). Looking forward to relaxing and enjoying our time at Jambo for our resort only stay. We are AKV owners, so we have stayed many nights at Kidani and just a few at Jambo, but it will be interesting to see what CL has to offer. We are very low maintainence and not expecting much, I think DH just wants the lounge offerings all day while he is working.

Heading to Jambo in a week for our first CL stay. DH works from the room during the weekdays, and we will only be going into two parks for parties (MNSSHP & the DVC AK night). Looking forward to relaxing and enjoying our time at Jambo for our resort only stay. We are AKV owners, so we have stayed many nights at Kidani and just a few at Jambo, but it will be interesting to see what CL has to offer. We are very low maintainence and not expecting much, I think DH just wants the lounge offerings all day while he is working.

The offerings tend to be set out during certain times when guests are present. In between times you don't really see CM's and offerings are nothing to speak of. The lounge area might be a nice place to work if everyone is away at the parks.

After your stay, please post your mini review.

We are back from our 10 night stay, and I have to say, we really enjoyed it. DH loves to eat, and since we were there on a non park stay, it worked out really well for us. Breakfast was perfect, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit/berries, yogurt, muffins, croissants, bagels, jungle juice, coffee, cappuccino machine, etc. More than what we needed from early to 10am. At 11am they put out snacks. Every day was house made potato chips (DHs favorite!), then African spiced nuts, either gummy bears or jelly beans, cookies, fruit basket (apples, oranges and bananas), Granola cookie bars and some other snack like yogurt pretzels, trail mix or goldfish. Coffee, purified water, jungle juice, lemonade until 10pm, iced tea from 11am-10pm. There were cast members available to help and get you a drink(beer, wine and angry orchard) all day. At 3pm those snacks go away and they start to set up for the evening spread. At 5pm the Boma/Jiko cast member sets up with two different hot appetizers, these were Delicious! They also had three different cheeses, three different hummus flavors, veggies (raw carrots, cucumber and green beans), bread/crackers, small bean type salads, a small cold appetizer and apples/caramel sauce. This stayed out until 7pm then at 8pm desserts and cordials were out. Always had two different cookies, mini brownies, rice crispie treats, and then a couple that would change. This stayed until 10pm when the lounge would shut down for the night. Sorry, I didn't take pictures, but it was a very nice spread all day. Because DH worked from the resort, there were a few days where we actually didn't even eat anywhere but the lounge. We had a room on the sixth floor overlooking the pool (and right next to the laundry dryer vents ) But it was convienient to the food for DH. I'll be happy to answer any questions!

Thanks for the mini-review, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We are back from our 10 night stay, and I have to say, we really enjoyed it. DH loves to eat, and since we were there on a non park stay, it worked out really well for us. Breakfast was perfect, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit/berries, yogurt, muffins, croissants, bagels, jungle juice, coffee, cappuccino machine, etc. More than what we needed from early to 10am. At 11am they put out snacks. Every day was house made potato chips (DHs favorite!), then African spiced nuts, either gummy bears or jelly beans, cookies, fruit basket (apples, oranges and bananas), Granola cookie bars and some other snack like yogurt pretzels, trail mix or goldfish. Coffee, purified water, jungle juice, lemonade until 10pm, iced tea from 11am-10pm. There were cast members available to help and get you a drink(beer, wine and angry orchard) all day. At 3pm those snacks go away and they start to set up for the evening spread. At 5pm the Boma/Jiko cast member sets up with two different hot appetizers, these were Delicious! They also had three different cheeses, three different hummus flavors, veggies (raw carrots, cucumber and green beans), bread/crackers, small bean type salads, a small cold appetizer and apples/caramel sauce. This stayed out until 7pm then at 8pm desserts and cordials were out. Always had two different cookies, mini brownies, rice crispie treats, and then a couple that would change. This stayed until 10pm when the lounge would shut down for the night. Sorry, I didn't take pictures, but it was a very nice spread all day. Because DH worked from the resort, there were a few days where we actually didn't even eat anywhere but the lounge. We had a room on the sixth floor overlooking the pool (and right next to the laundry dryer vents ) But it was convienient to the food for DH. I'll be happy to answer any questions!

Sounds great. Now, I don't think that I need to plan so many reservations.

DVCTigger, thank you for your review and pictures. We have a CL stay in the spring after a BWV stay. The BWV stay is about the Flower and Garden time, the CL stay is to enjoy the wonderful resort!

I'm going to look at your pictures when I'm on a computer but it sounds great!

I'm going in spring 2017 (only 3 nights)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter