AKL Club Level or Beach Club Standard

AKL Club Level or BC (no club level)?

• AKL Club Level

• Beach Club (no club level)

Results are only viewable after voting.

pixie2416

Mouseketeer
We're looking at going over New Year's next year (myself, hubby & 4 kids - 3 teens + baby). The price is nearly identical for 2 rooms for a standard room at AKL on Club Level, or a standard room (no club level) at the Beach Club.

I've stayed at both resorts and love both, but I've never tried Club Level before. I'm not sure which we'd enjoy more - getting spoiled on Club Level or the convenience of the location for Beach Club. :confused3

What would you do?

I voted AKL CL.

Now I do love BC and it would be wonderful to stay there but the lounge at AKL is great. We stayed there this past Oct and the continental breakfast every day is all my kids need and it saved us from having to buy breakfast each day. My kids also liked the evening offerings and they were substantial and plentiful. Plus it was nice having IPO make all our dining ADRs.

You'll be fine either way, but I'd go CL over BC just because it is CL. Oh, and I prefer AKL over BC.

For us it is all about location, and we love the short walk from Beach Club to W/S, Epcot and the Boardwalk, and the fun of the boat to HS. You'll love either, you can't make a wrong choice on this and I know you'll enjoy your stay! :goodvibes

I would do AKL CL because of when you are going. Probably won't be great swimming weather, therefore not great use of SAB.

If it were warmer time of year I would go for BC- just for the pool.

AKL CL also guarantees you Savanah view!

We have stayed at both and would lean toward the BC due to its location. Disney also continues to cut expenses so the Club experience is not what it use to be, but if you have never done club you won't notice...

I voted AKL-CL because our family loved it. We've stayed at the BC, also and although, it has some great points. When you have the opportunity to stay CL you should splurge :cloud9: Plus, I always include SAB as part of my expense when staying at the BC and January is not going to be a great time to get your money's worth. So my vote goes to AKL-CL, enjoy :goodvibes

I voted BC because I think that the teens would prefer to be in the middle of Epcot and DHS, and because of the great pool.

Voted for AKL Club level.

Each person is different. Since you mentioned you are going for New Years, here's a couple things you may or may not have already thought about.

Beach Club would be more convenient for access to/from Epcot and DHS. Not sure about MK since BC shares buses with YC and BW.

AKL is easier access for AK and possibly for MK (just depends on buses).
On our last two trips to WDW, AKL has been a destination in itself. We finally booked AKL and look forward to having the ability to see the animals whenever we want.

A couple years ago, we went for Christmas/NY. We made sure to get up early, hit the parks right away. When things got too crazy for us, we left the park and enjoyed the resort and DTD. When we were there, the pools were borderline because of the temp.

Both have wonderful Christmas decorations.

Either resort will be great. Enjoy your upcoming trip.

We just did AKL CL in Oct, pics of room, AKL food offerings and the Sunrise Safari are in my Oct link.

While I enjoyed the CL experience I would go for the BC because of the location

good choice! We just came back from AKL club level and it was GREAT!The only problem is going back and NOT staying club level lol I got soooo spoiled....We did the sunrise safari and the kids loved it, very much worth the money.The kids loved being able to go to the lounge for drinks and food, and AKL has a lot of food in their lounge...they had food from boma every night and it was great for breakfast, lots of choices.I really like sending the stuff we got in the parks back to the room because it was taken right to the room and most of the time the same day!I am already trying to find a way to go back... lol

I voted AKL Club. You get access to the snacks, plus I would love to be able to do the Sunrise Safari which is available to AKL club guest only. Enjoy your trip!!!!:goodvibes

I voted for AKL. I have stayed on CL at AKL before and it spoiled me forever. It was wonderful and they bent over backwards to make our stay incredible.

AKL CL is great! We love doing the Sunrise Safari, it is so much better then the "normal" safari. We also enjoy the quick breakfast in the lounge. We also would go get snacks and drinks throughout the day, if we were at the resort during the day. I think if it is in your budget always do CL, if it isn't in your budget then save money for other things.

AKL CL hands down. Done both and AKL is way more relaxing plus you get CL and Don in IPO is the best on property IMO. The option of the sunrise safari since you are a CL guest is awesome. BC to me was just chaos with kids everywhere. No real lobby or CS place to chill out in. The location is great but not worth the trade off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter