AKL Busses

mackenziefaith

Earning My Ears
I recently booked our first ever AKL stay and I'm starting to hear less than desirable things about the bus service. In the past we've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and loved the convenience of having the boat transportation to/from MK but also never really had issues with long waits for busses.

We're going the last week of September, which is historically low crowds, but with FD, may not be.

Any input? Personal experiences? I think I'm just wanting someone to tell me I either need to switch resorts, or that the bus service isn't that bad.

Have stayed at AKL many times. Never, ever had a problem. Is it as quick as all the resorts? Of course not. But AKL has dedicated busses, so you don't share (nice bonus). Five minutes from AK. And really, I have never waited long for a bus.

Stay. You will not regret it.

Have stayed at AKL many times. Never, ever had a problem. Is it as quick as all the resorts? Of course not. But AKL has dedicated busses, so you don't share (nice bonus). Five minutes from AK. And really, I have never waited long for a bus.

Stay. You will not regret it.

Thank you! I'm taking a friend who has never been and as a Disney veteran, I think I'm overthinking everything because I want his first trip to be perfect. I appreciate the help!

We have stayed at AKL for our last few trips and the bus service hasn't been a problem. Our wait times weren't bad for any of the parks. The ride to MK is a little longer just based on location, but AK is just a few minutes away. We actually have it booked at the end of Sept. into Oct as well. See you there!

Yup - you are over thinking. The resort is just amazing. An extra couple of minutes on a bus is a good trade off. You will be wow-ed.

I think my kids and my friend will LOVE the animals. I didn't pay for a savannah view room, but I'm hoping they'll still have plenty of opportunities when we're eating at the resort and walking around.

I think my kids and my friend will LOVE the animals. I didn't pay for a savannah view room, but I'm hoping they'll still have plenty of opportunities when we're eating at the resort and walking around.
They will! Some of the standard rooms have a partial savannah view (ours did), but even if it doesn't there are viewing areas everywhere. There are indoor ones as you walk down the hall, you can stop by the windows to watch. There are also outdoor viewing areas overlooking the savannah, and more outdoor ones on the ground level. If you eat at Sanaa (which is a great restaurant), some of the tables are by windows looking out onto the savannah. Basically, animal viewing everywhere!

I didn't have any issues with the bus service, either.

I love AKL so much. Although one of my life goals is to stay at all the Disney resorts, I had to book a return trip to AKL this summer. The other resorts will just have to wait.

We had no issues with buses when we were there.

I actually kind of like the remote location of the resort. It truly feels that you are in a unique, magical location (I'd say it truly feels as if you are in Africa, but I don't know what it is like to be in Africa).

We also book standard view rooms. They are so much more economical than the savanna view rooms, and there are lots of wonderful viewing areas around the resort. When we were in the room, my family just wanted to sleep anyway.

Do not think further about switching resorts. There is no other place like it. Be sure to plan time to enjoy the resort. There are a lot of neat activities and the pool area is so nice. One of my favorite things was hanging out in hot tub after a long day in the park. The foliage around the pool and the spa is so peaceful and beautiful. I also really enjoyed talking with the CMs. Many are from Africa and can tell you some really interesting stories and info.

We were just at Kidani Village a few weeks ago and had zero problems with the buses. Or the shuttle between Kidani and Jambo.

We have stay at AKL more times than I can count and buses have never ben an issue for us. With that said were there times we had to wait for a bus or had to stand b/c it was so crowded, yes!!! But you will experience that at at resort you stay at in my opinion. AKL is an absolutely beautiful resort! It's one of your favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter