AKL animals

msgoofy

Mouseketeer
If we take a bus to the AKL to visit, is there a place we are able to view the animals?

Yes, the Sunset Overlook at AKL is a great place to view the animals, and you can also walk down some of the other lodge hallways, where you'll find large windows looking out onto animal areas. On the ground level, there's an additional pathway leading to more viewing just beyond the Arusha Rock.

Yes! We ate at Sanaa on our last trip, and arrived early to look around the resort. There was a whole viewing deck that we hung out on right near the restaurant.

Behind the lobby of the Kidani building there's an area to view Sunst savanna (next to Sanaa restaurant.) Behind the lobby of the Jambo building is the Arusha Rock overlook where you can see Arusha savanna. Also at Jambo beyond the pool to the left is an overlook where you can see Uzima savanna.

As others have said, there are several animal viewing areas around the resort. AKL is awesome, enjoy your visit :wizard:.

You can visit all of the Savannahs. The CMs on property are a great part of the visit as they will tell you about the animals, their natural habitat, etc. Especially great for kids.

What is everyone's opinion on which lodge is better for animal viewing (from common areas, for those just visiting)--Kidani or Jambo?

What is everyone's opinion on which lodge is better for animal viewing (from common areas, for those just visiting)--Kidani or Jambo?
I would say Jambo. You can walk through the more impressive lobby to the Arusha savanna area. Plus you can still look at the Sunset Savanna (most of Kidani faces Sunset)

There is an area outside of the Kidani village lobby (outside of Sanaa) which is amazing. Also, if you walk past the pool/water area at Kidani, there is a small area which is out of the way but has amazing animals.

While I love Jambo house, Kidani has better animal viewing in my opinion.

I stayed at Jambo House twice, and went over to Kidani on both trips. I found the public viewing areas at both a little disappointing. We saw some animals and birds, but never a giraffe or a zebra. Obviously this will differ day to day, just wanted to warn OP.

I live in suburbia, but near the country. I get deer in my backyard all the time. We drive past cows all the time. So any animal which is deer-like or cow-like doesn't have much of a "wow factor" for me.

We did see something interesting when looking out the window while walking to the room. One of the smaller antelope-type animals had jumped the fencing, and was right next to the window.

If OP has enough time, you can go from Jambo to Kidani (or vice versa). There is a van going between the two. Or you can walk. Or take a theme park bus (Kidani to Jambo) or a Disney Springs bus (Jambo to Kidani).

There is an area outside of the Kidani village lobby (outside of Sanaa) which is amazing. Also, if you walk past the pool/water area at Kidani, there is a small area which is out of the way but has amazing animals.

While I love Jambo house, Kidani has better animal viewing in my opinion.
That's the overlook for Pembe savanna I believe, the smallest of AKL's 4 savannas.
Which animals you see very much depends on where the animals happen to be at any given time. In the mornings for an hour and a half or so each savanna's animals will be in their barns. Throughout the rest of the day they wander. At night they wander or bed down. I've always seen zebras on Sunset savanna (visible from behind Kidani or in Jambo along Kudu trail through the windows on the left or Ostrich trail windows on the right.)
I've seen giraffes on all the savannas (except Pemba which has none) at various times. I like that it's unpredictable because the animals are roaming/doing their thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter