AKL and impact of AKV

CoolPool

DIS Veteran
Looks like we are heading back to the savannah this summer (Aug). Yay.

One thing I really enjoyed about the AKL a few years back was having the dedicated bus service, but with additional AKVs opening around the corner...how will the bus service change? Multiple stops to be added?

What other factors are changing at this resort?

(sorry if this has been asked repeatedly).

From what I have read on the DVC boards, there will now be another bus stop at Kidani and it will be the first stop.---Kathy

I, too, am disappointed about the "changes" that are arising because of the new villas. We have enjoyed several stays at AKL, but the uncertainty of the busses was one of the main reasons my family didn't book there for our trip this May. We are headed back to CSR where the transportation is a known entity.

I do look forward to someday returning to the AKL...I will be watching the boards to see how the bus service is affected by the new villas.

--dizneyfan

Busses to the theme parks will stop at Kidani first, then Jambo. Busses to Downtown Disney will stop at Jambo first, then Kidani. So you can catch busses either way between buildings, the distance between the lobbies is approx 1/2 mile.

Thank you for the replies. I am hoping it doesn't turn into a multi-stop nightmare including water park stops on the way to the parks.

We're dreading this change. We have our first stay in May.

After reading that the theme park buses will stop at Kidana first, I'm starting to think maybe we should downgrade to another resort.

It's crazy to pay deluxe price and then have to stand on the bus because seats filled up at AKV first.

We're dreading this change. We have our first stay in May.

After reading that the theme park buses will stop at Kidana first, I'm starting to think maybe we should downgrade to another resort.

It's crazy to pay deluxe price and then have to stand on the bus because seats filled up at AKV first.

It's the same at the other deluxes.
Boardwalk stops at Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan, Dolphin.
Grand Floridian stops at Poly and Contemporary.
Wilderness Lodge stops at Ft. Wilderness and sometimes Blizzard Beach.

The exclusive busses are one of the features that I loved about the AKL. :sad1:

It is reasonable to assume that there will be more busses assigned to AKL/AKV during the busy times so it may have the effect of reducing wait times between busses as long as there are adequate seats and the “full bus” situation which exists at SSR does not occur.

One of the most significant impacts will be on the CS facility since there is none at Kidani so it may come close to doubling the load there.

One Jambo benefit will be that some DVC Jambo guests will go to the new DVC pool at Kidani thereby making the Jambo pool less crowded

bookwormde

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter