• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Akershus??

I am glad I am not the only one! (I wish we all had reservations though!). I will keep trying and report back. And I guess check for the Candlelight package?? This is our first Christmas visit, so I am not overly familiar with that.

My booking window is currently thru Dec 14. I've been booking one day at a time since Dec 7th (arriving Nov 28 thru 16) every morning there are tons of CRT and Akershus, and usually by mid day they are all gone. Looks like they are being booked up rather than a glitch or not loaded in the system. Best luck to all.

We've never had a problem getting breakfast before. I can see breakfast being booked up because of FEA, but the whole day? Something seems off.

Nothing is off. I see a bunch for Dec 12-14 right now. My guess is they will be gone in a couple days.

There is an opening right now for an 11:55 lunch on Sunday Dec 4 if anyone is interested.

I've had a terrible time with ADR's this trip. We can't get any of the apparently highly sought out princess meals. I'm hoping things open up with Fastness selections. Hellllllo end of September. I'm ready for you!

There was availability for CRT and BOG for PPO and both were also available for lunch and dinner at 180 + days out. We are not doing Free Dining or any dining plan for that matter this time, so we were only really hoping for Akershus for any available meal.

I chose 11/28-12/3 because most crowd calendars made it sound like the best time to go. Now worried due to lack of ADR's. Even 2nd tier options like Coral Reef are booked solid , and that was at 6:05am the morning of 180 days out. I did get most of what I wanted but missing any princess dining. CRT and Akershus booked solid. Some sites are saying glitch in system but definitely freaked out that crowds are going to be way higher than I wanted

I had to move around my itinerary, but I was able to get a 10:30 AM on the 6th thankfully!! It has to be the new FEA ride. I have been able to get this reservation for over 10 years every trip we take! ADR's are CRAZY right now!! No 'Ohanas the entire first week of December?????
No coral reef either...that really doesn't make sense

No coral reef either...that really doesn't make sense
I have been calling every other day for an 11/30 anytime reservation and still nothing. The CM is spoke to yesterday said it must be the CP package because even Biergarten has no availability. She said keep looking and hopefully more will come. Here's to hoping we all end up with one before November!:tinker:

Nothing is off. I see a bunch for Dec 12-14 right now. My guess is they will be gone in a couple days.
I think something is off on the week after Thanksgiving. I logged in at 6 am and Akershus was the first thing I looked for. The whole week we are there it was not available for breakfast. I did snag a lunch time for 2 but am looking to move that to breakfast. I've been checking daily.

I think something is off on the week after Thanksgiving. I logged in at 6 am and Akershus was the first thing I looked for. The whole week we are there it was not available for breakfast. I did snag a lunch time for 2 but am looking to move that to breakfast. I've been checking daily.
There has to be something up with that week, because the crowd calculators predict it as a 2 out of 10, pretty low crowds and everything is booked out 180 + days in advance? One of the CMs I spoke with on the phone said to keep checking because he only saw 10 families booked when they usually book 30, but it wouldn't let him book anymore. He thought maybe they were going to release more later. None of the other CMs I talked to mentioned that, they just said keep trying.

Nothing is off. Stuff was available at the +10 dates. 11/26-11/28 is FREE DINING, so there is a HUGE amount of people going at that time and after, so stuff is booked instantly even at the +10 mark.

all i keep seeing is something is off and then someone say no its not... I can say from my own personal experiences over the last 30 years of going to Disney this week is an anomaly. I have went during free dinning to many times to count , i have went the week after Thanksgiving and its great from a crowd perspective. I have never had issues with ADR's for one park for the whole entire week. After talking to multiple CM's saying the same(it has to be due to CP) i will wait and see if anything frees up once the schedule and packages are released. Hope every body gets exactly what they are hoping for.

After talking to multiple CM's saying the same(it has to be due to CP) i will wait and see if anything frees up once the schedule and packages are released. Hope every body gets exactly what they are hoping for.

CP= Candlelight processional?
When do they normally release that? I've been stalking Akershus (and ohana) like crazy. I'd love to be done with this! (Gone twice during free dining and didn't have trouble like this getting any of our ADRs.)
Thanks!!

CP= Candlelight processional?
When do they normally release that? I've been stalking Akershus (and ohana) like crazy. I'd love to be done with this! (Gone twice during free dining and didn't have trouble like this getting any of our ADRs.)
Thanks!!

Yes CP Candlelight Processional, from this past year I believe the info was released the first week of July... I was also wondering about Ohana with the premier of Moana on Nov 23..

I never had this hard of a time booking. I'm not even looking for just breakfast or lunch... At this point I'll take any meal any time at Arkshus, BOG and or Cinderelkas castle... I'm going to have one upset child if I can't get the princesses to eat with us.

Also I don't know about anyone else but I haven't been very happy with the customer service I've gotten the past few times when calling to speak with someone.

I'm not staying on prop so I have been getting up early for 6am every day to try and book and can't get anything... Thought I was picking a prefect time, guess I was super wrong 12/2-12/9

Wishing everyone luck!!

There is definitely something up with Akershus. I searched for it first at 6am yesterday and today for any meal and got nothing. I called and they searched lunch and dinner for me from 12/7-12/9 and it was all booked. I really hope they release more.

I just checked and there is nothing before 9:15am for any breakfast time from December 14-17, inclusive. I can't imagine that many people are booking Akershus for PPO for December 17 already?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter