Akershus lunch

kaymak

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of doing lunch here because of our schedule, but the food does not sound appealing at all. Is there enough "american" food on the cold bar to make a meal of? We are just meat and potatoes kind of people! Thanks

We are meat and potato people as well and the food here did not work for us. Remember you are in "Norway" and that is the kind of food you are getting. We really enjoyed the princesses but we will not book there again to eat. It did not fill us up!!!

My DH and I tried it last year and it was okay--nothing great. I did not feel full after the meal. We both ate a lot off the buffet. DH had the braised lamb and said it was fair; I had the Traditional Kjottkaker (which is like a meatloaf) with cauliflower, garlic, cheese infused mashed potatos--I was not impressed. If you want to dine here, I would suggest breakfast instead.

Maybe you can try booking the latest breakfast instead? That way you can eat in the restaurant without worrying about food you don't like.

I've done lunch at Akershus twice and thought they had plenty of American food there. At the buffet, there is plenty of bread, cheese, cold cuts and salad to choose from. On the lunch menu, there is a pasta that is not very exotic.

We've done Akershus for both breakfast and for lunch and will not go back. The food was the worst we've had in the parks. Not enough variety for our little "picky eaters." Also, the quality of what they did have was not so hot.
Other than having the princesses, they were meals wasted.

I'm glad you asked. We definitely are going to pick this option over CRT, but I'm a bit scared of the lunch food. I've heard "surprisingly good." However, I'm thinking we might just switch it to breakfast and be done with it. We'll do it on our Epcot day anyway and it would be a good way to start the day.

Ok, now I'm worried! I think our time is an early dinner time though. How is that?

I am thinking of doing lunch here because of our schedule, but the food does not sound appealing at all. Is there enough "american" food on the cold bar to make a meal of? We are just meat and potatoes kind of people! Thanks

Why would you eat somewhere you don't like the food? I would go for breakfast where it's more 'American' as you say, or just don't go at all. Try the Sunshine Seasons cafe or just go eat in America if that's what you like. There are so many places that are so yummy to eat on property, it hardly makes sense to go someplace you know you won't enjoy. :confused3

We had lunch there a few weeks ago - only reason we went was because my goddaughter loves princesses and we couldn't miss the chance to see her there. As for the food, it was ok. Definately not worth the price if that is only reason you going (seeing a 2 1/2 year old with a huge grin because Ariel is walking towards her made up for it in our case :goodvibes ) The salad bar wasn't bad. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how good the pulled pork sandwich was, although it was an extremly pricey sandwich!

We went for lunch and didn't think that anything was that exotic. We both had the Traditional Kjottkaker for entrees and thought it was like a salisbury steak. The potatoes were just normal mashed potatoes. As for the buffet, most of it consisted of things you would find anywhere like salad with choice of 3 dressings, shrimp salad, salami, muenster and swiss cheese cubes, smoked salmon, a chicken salad, potato salad, and fruit. There were some other items like peppered herring (tasted very good), and a beet and apple salad (basically beets with apple slices that tasted really good; wasn't pickled beets or anything like that). Not exotic at all.

Why would you eat somewhere you don't like the food? I would go for breakfast where it's more 'American' as you say, or just don't go at all. Try the Sunshine Seasons cafe or just go eat in America if that's what you like. There are so many places that are so yummy to eat on property, it hardly makes sense to go someplace you know you won't enjoy. :confused3

We have done this breakfast in the past and loved it. This trip, we were planning to arrive later in the day, but still wanted to experience this restaurant. That is why I was considering lunch instead of breakfast!

This lunch is fantastic. :thumbsup2 I don't think it is overly exotic or weird... it is really good! I've had the salmon sandwich & soup most recently, and thought it was great. The kids can choose from very american entrees and the buffet is very american too--you can make ham & cheese sandwiches if you want. :rolleyes1

The princesses are great, princess: and the setting is so nice. I've always enjoyed our lunches here. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter