Akershus for lunch or dinner?

snjmorrison

Mouseketeer
Dinner seems to have more of a selection and priced about the same as lunch according to a few online websites. I think about $38/person. We will be there toward the end of May. However, I was thinking lunch might be less rushed. My sister will be with us, and I'm really hoping she will find something to eat. She is very picky.

Do dinner.

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, we might not be doing breakfast, lunch, or dinner. :( I've read bad reviews and assumed it wouldn't be difficult to get a reservation. I waited and now there is nothing available. I'm going to keep checking and hopefully something comes available,

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, we might not be doing breakfast, lunch, or dinner. :( I've read bad reviews and assumed it wouldn't be difficult to get a reservation. I waited and now there is nothing available. I'm going to keep checking and hopefully something comes available,

Keep checking lots of cancellations have come up lately....

. . . I've read bad reviews . . .

1) It does depend upon your food expectations.
2) The food is above average, but the purpose of the meal is characters.
3) My current review follows.

Our Ratings of Akershus: (*rev 01/16/2014*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: A

NOTE: For food, alone, Akershus is grossly overpriced. However, as with most character
meals, you are paying for the characters, and possibly atmosphere, but not solely for the
food. The food is tasty, good, and above average. Thankfully, one goes for characters, and
food is a bonus.

BREAKFAST: There is a pastry buffet, a cold buffet, and the hot food. It's filling, but
nothing to write home about.

LUNCH & DINNER: Scandinavian seafood, cheese, sliced meats, fruits, and several entrées.
Food at all meals is ample and tasty, but quality only average. The princess interaction is
typically a lot better than it is at the Castle. We prefer dinner-time over lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter