akershus for breakfast or liberty tree for dinner

LTT for dinner. So fun and great food! :) :) Although I've never been to Akershus for breakfast, but I'm going on January 19th, so I'll let ya know how that is!

If you have a daughter it is a very easy choice...
5038_214290940322_661020322_7212745_8309009_n.jpg

definately liberty tree...we go every trip and love it...great time and food!!!!

Akershus for breakfast is one of our must do meals everytime we go to Disney. The food is really good (love the cheesy potato dish) and the princess interaction is probably one of the better character meal interactions.

Cannot comment on LTT as we have never tried it.

Enjoy your trip!

Another Akershus vote here ... I can't get past the fact that LTT is basically reheated Stouffer's.

Another Akershus vote here ... I can't get past the fact that LTT is basically reheated Stouffer's.

Where did you hear this? I eat a lot of Stouffer's, and I never had anything like this out of one of their boxes.

The roast flank steak is definitely not reheated Stouffer's, the turkey and ham were moist and flavorful, and we also loved the stuffing, mashpo's and gravy, along with the salad...

I haven't done "Aker Shoes," so I can't speak to that, but I have done LTT, and I heartily recommend it if you're looking for a good, family-style Thanksgiving-type dinner with a little extra, 'cause we don't normally do beef and ham with ours...

Characters or no characters?

If you haven't heard, Liberty Tree is no longer a character meal, so that might help with the choice. Since your sig says you last visit was 2008, you may not be aware there aren't characters anymore.

Where did you hear this? I eat a lot of Stouffer's, and I never had anything like this out of one of their boxes.

The roast flank steak is definitely not reheated Stouffer's, the turkey and ham were moist and flavorful, and we also loved the stuffing, mashpo's and gravy, along with the salad...

I haven't done "Aker Shoes," so I can't speak to that, but I have done LTT, and I heartily recommend it if you're looking for a good, family-style Thanksgiving-type dinner with a little extra, 'cause we don't normally do beef and ham with ours...

i agree...the food at liberty tree is very good....:dance3:

I flat out refuse to pay for any breakfast in the parks, never mind the price for a character meal. How much are eggs and toast?

My suggestion is eat breakfast before entering the parks and save the money for a nice dinner. Liberty Tree is a nice "family style" meal. If you still want Akershus, try THAT for dinner.

I have been to LTT for dinner and I wasn't a fan of the food. And I have never been to Akershus but it seems good!

When LTT was a character meal it was one of our favorite places. The character interaction was great! The food we find ok. We do like that it is family style and I like the turkey but it is not over the top great by any means. I think that, at least at one time, stouffers supported the meal. I think that the mac & cheese is, or least was, stouffers but I do not know about anything else.

Here somewhere years ago. You can Google it. It's their foodservice division. (Or was ... I haven't been back to see if it has changed.)

Let me say I was EXTREMELY impressed with Akershus on our last visit and would have to recommend that highly. Our visit is normally comprised of two adults and our two teenage boys so, needless to say, this has not been something they have ever wanted to do. However, on this visit we also brought our grown daughter, her husband, their 8 year old son, soon to be 5 daughter, 4 year old son, and a 17 month old. Quite a large group for us!! It was the week after Thanksgiving. First of all, the portrait taken with Belle is INCLUDED in the price of the meal (not additional as with Chef Mickey's) and Belle was so sweet to the kids. It included three different poses and they gave us a several pictures of each pose...also giving both my daughter and myself a large photo each to keep as well. Anyway, beyond the photo... The meal was GREAT. They had a cold bar you could go up to get danishes and fruit and such that was unlimited. Plus, they kept bringing the hot food out to us as much as we wanted. It was excellent. Then, the princesses spent plenty of time at each table. Our little boys even delighted in their visit. It was soooo funny because the four year old wanted Princess kisses which left lip stick on his cheek and forehead. The last princess said, "well, hello, Sailor!" He ate that up! Even the 17 month old was just enamored. I probably gave way more info than you wanted but I guess you can tell we enjoyed our experience??

I think that, at least at one time, stouffers supported the meal. I think that the mac & cheese is, or least was, stouffers but I do not know about anything else.

Here somewhere years ago. You can Google it. It's their foodservice division. (Or was ... I haven't been back to see if it has changed.)

Well, that's good to know, but frankly, Stouffer's Mac and Cheese is better than LTT's was. That's why I didn't bring it up as one of the memorables... ;)

I can't believe with as much Mac and Cheese as they serve at WDW, that they aren't making their own. I gotta mention that at the annual meeting...

Well, that's good to know, but frankly, Stouffer's Mac and Cheese is better than LTT's was. That's why I didn't bring it up as one of the memorables... ;)

I can't believe with as much Mac and Cheese as they serve at WDW, that they aren't making their own. I gotta mention that at the annual meeting...

I remember seeing a Dinner: Impossible WDW-themed episode on the Food Network a year or so ago and seeing the huge ginormous food warehouses. It was kind of like Mickey taking off his head and seeing the CP kid inside. :eek:

Well we have decided to do both LOL! Not good at making tough decisions and we have never done either. Can't wait. Leaving in 2 days

We really like both! We like the princess breakfast at Akershus. The food at Akershus is pretty good - yes I know it is over-priced eggs & bacon, but the princesses are awesome! We like LLT for homestyle food, but probably won't eat there anytime soon since the characters are gone...

We find planning a few character meals is great for our family. We (almost) never spend time standing in lines waiting to see characters, because we see them at the character meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter