akershus breakfast

nutty4wdw

DIS Veteran
would an adult only group enjoy this character breakfast considering it's only princesses.

would an adult only group enjoy this character breakfast considering it's only princesses.

waiting for answers too...I am planning to have breakfast there. I saw a picture of those cheesy potatoes and ligonberry muffins and I was almost drooling.

Honestly, there are many other better breakfast choices...we liked it, but a big part of that reason was due to the princesses. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, but if you will be in Epcot, then why not...

I would not go there just for the food. It looks better than it tastes. If you get a table in the main dining hall, the setting is memorable. The service is generally fairly good considering the character craziness, but it can be inconsistent. But for food in particular, there are better options outside the park. We often do breakfast at Fresh Mediterranean at the Dolphin on our epcot days, then walk through the back WS entrance to get to the park.

thanks for the input...I'm thinking I'll just stick with Boma before I head to Epcot for breakfast that day. More time for waiting in line for Saorin :laughing:

I say YES!

Even though my kids are now older, they and my husband always have this as a must to-do every trip.

We think the food is tasty. The dining area is beautiful and the wait staff are always wonderful.

It's a great way to start your Epcot day.

Akershus breakfast has become a must do for my DW and I each trip now. The food is very good, the service is very good, and the princess interaction is fun. We have gotten in early everytime ao far. I would recommend it. :thumbsup2

oh dear now I'm torn again...what to do what to do

I can get an 8:30 ADR which sounds kinda cool to me as I can sneak into Epcot early and browse without crowds :banana::banana:

I can get an 8:30 ADR which sounds kinda cool to me as I can sneak into Epcot early and browse without crowds :banana::banana:

If you've never tried it, it's worth the setting and the ability to get (sneak!) into Epcot early. Just set the bar low for the food, and you will be fine!

We have been twice and while we enjoyed the food we would not go back without the nieces

Epcot is the only park that I don't think it is worth getting into for an early ADR. That said - DH and I don't have children and love to do character meal - we feel like kids again. Well at least I do. I enjoyed the food in Norway, but I LOVE the Boma breakfast. I think I'd choose Boma over Akershus.

As you can see from my signature, it is just hubby and I, no kids. We have always enjoyed the character meals because we are really kids stuck in adult bodies. We have so much fun and especially since I never went to Disney as a kid, I like to take full advantage.

We haven't been to Akershus breakfast yet, but we have an ADR for our next trip. We have done Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace and loved them both.

So the question is...are you the type of people who are really just kids inside?

We did this in Spet 2010 and it was fun walking to Akershus w/ no crowds. Loved taking pics and the feeling of having it all to ourselves.

We liked it. I've eaten both breakfast and lunch there in recent years. And the youngest in my group has been 15!! When we were there in Oct, we were two adult couples....and everyone really enjoyed the meal.
I have yet to find any character meal that also provides excellent food. In fact, I haven't found too many places in WDW that provide excellent food...other than some of the more highly priced spots.

I have yet to find any character meal that also provides excellent food. In fact, I haven't found too many places in WDW that provide excellent food...other than some of the more highly priced spots.

This is a great point. In our experience, Tusker House is about as close as it gets to great food at a character meal, although we have not tried the tea party ... so not sure about the food quality there.

Well, there isn't as much selection there compared to a full buffet breakfast. Do really enjoy the potatoes there, though!

If you are interested in seeing the princesses, and if it makes for an easier day already being in Epcot and having breakfast there, then go for it!

But based on food alone and if don't care about princesses, I'd say skip it. We've done it a few times and have it now in our category of "skippable", that it offers nothing special to us.... whereas for us Crystal Palace is a must do for the french toast, Tusker House for the juice and donuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter