Akershus Breakfast

dreajoyanne

Our Fairytale Beginning
So I've made a ressie for b-fast at Akershus on our next trip - we've never been before and I'm looking for some opinions. Our party consists of myself and husband, my parents and my grandparents. I've been to the O'hana character breakfast and the Crystal Palace and enjoyed them - will this be similar to those? Is the food as good?

Thanks for the help!

you will love breakfast with the princesses! the atmosphere is a little more laid back than crystal palace... no tiggers bouncing! :O) the princesses are kind and low-key and stop by each table at least once. belle is available at the very front of the restaurant for photos (just before you are seated), then usually four other princesses stop at your table. last year we had ariel, snow white, aurora, and cinderella.

the food is good. there is a cold buffet with fruit and pastries, granola, yogurt, smoked salmon, etc. the hot items are brought to your table on a large platter. i think it was eggs and bacon (maybe sausage too), and a YUMMY potato casserole.

we were celebrating our daughter's bday last year and the server brought her a card signed by all the princesses along with her picture with belle before we finished.

We did the princess breakfast at Akershus last year. There is a small buffet set up with fruit, bagels, etc. but the hot food is served to your table family-style. Our server was not very good at that meal but the kids really enjoyed all the princesses. If you've never eaten at Akershus before then it would probably be a good experience to try it at least once. We really enjoy Donald's Safari Breakfast at the Tusker House at Animal Kingdom and 1900 Park Fare's character breakfast at the Grand Floridian is great, too. Of course, eating breakfast at Cinderella's Castle is great just because of the atmosphere and the princesses. My favorite is the Cape May character buffet breakfast. It was awesome! I've never tried the character breakfast at 'Ohana but I've heard a lot of good things about it. We're doing the character breakfasts at Crystal Palace (which we've never done before-only dinner) and Donald's Safari breakfast at Animal Kingdom (this will be our 3rd time) when we go in November.

We have done all three you mention before and are doing all three again next trip. We prefer Akershus and CP to Ohana's and the food is definitely more plentiful at Akershus and CP.

Akershus has the benefit of your photo out front with the princess (we have mainly seen Belle for photo but also once Sleeping Beauty.)

As already said the cold breakfast is a buffet. Lots of lovely fruit and pastries also smoked salmon and cream cheeses.

Hot food is served to your table, the usual bacon and sausage but the cheesy potato casserole is wonderful (mouth is watering at the thought) - I can't see how anyone can be disappointed.

My DD still loves the princesses and although DS has no wish to see them they aren't overtly 'charactery'. Nice interaction, photo and autograph then gone.

You have to put down a credit card info to make a dining reservation here? What if you already have package and dining plan? Do you still have to?

You have to put down a credit card info to make a dining reservation here? What if you already have package and dining plan? Do you still have to?
Yes. If you don't show or cancel before the deadline, they need to collect the no show fee.

To lilys.mom – this is completely off topic (and I apologize to dreajoyanne for hijacking this thread) – that’s a great photo with Jessie and the horse (forgot his name –Bullseye?) – where did you have that taken? My daughter would love to meet Jessie.

Correct - if you are on DDP, you simply tell them to charge it to the plan (and then pay the tip via cash/gc/cc/kttw/indentured servitude). I haven't been yet, but my understanding is that they don't even link the card # to your meal when you show up - just like a nice popular restaurant outside WDW, you can pay however you want after you arrive. The CC# is something that is on file just in case you don't come in.

We have been twice with little girls and it was a huge hit, the food was standard breakfast stuff but the character interaction is amazing

To lilys.mom – this is completely off topic (and I apologize to dreajoyanne for hijacking this thread) – that’s a great photo with Jessie and the horse (forgot his name –Bullseye?) – where did you have that taken? My daughter would love to meet Jessie.

It was taken at MNSSHP 09..at Diamond Horseshoe in MK..I believe that is the name of the place...MNSSHP is a great time for lots of charecters to be out and about...we loved it :banana: That was by far one of my fav pics from the trip!

We did this last November. It was great and I'd TOTALLY go again (only reason we're not going is the fact that we're doing CRT this time). There is a buffet at the beginning with pastries, bagels and things like lox and cheeses. Then they bring you food family style. It's all fresh - I like my eggs dry and requested that they make them dry and that's what they did. I HATE wet eggs. The potatoes are TDF good, nice and cheesy. They also bring meats, I don't know what ones, as I don't eat pork. They will also refill the food. Coffee is regular Disney coffee, so not good. The Princesses came through, we had Belle for the picture and Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel and Aurora circulated in the dining room. I definitely think it's a good experience - only thing is that my kids wanted to go inside Cinderella's Castle, so we're doing that. But if you don't care about not doing CRT, Akershus is a great choice AND only one TS credit.

It was taken at MNSSHP 09..at Diamond Horseshoe in MK..I believe that is the name of the place...MNSSHP is a great time for lots of charecters to be out and about...we loved it :banana: That was by far one of my fav pics from the trip!

That is a great picture! Maybe we'll get lucky and see them at MVMCP when we go in Nov. Thanks for the info!

I am taking my family in Dec and we are having breakfast at Akershus and dinner at 1900 park fare, I am so excited!! :banana:

We thought it was ok - nothing great. Sleeping Beauty actually even skipped our table. But once we told the waitress she got her to come over. It was our last day of a 10 day trip so we were all "fooded" out from the dining plan so maybe we would have enjoyed it more the first day of the trip.

We loved it there. The princess interaction is nice, but quick. When we were there in May, we were greeted by Belle at the door (DD's favorite and one of the main reasons we booked here) then had Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White and Aurora come by the table. They were all very nice to DD, who was dressed in her Belle outfit and signed her autograph book. The food is good, but my DH is a pretty big eater and he kind of laughed at our waitress when she came out with one plate of eggs and bacon/sausage for 3 people!:laughing: We asked for a second plate and got it, but man, that waitress must have thought we were a bunch of pigs! But for us, breakfast was our BIG meal of the day. We would have a big breakfast, a light snack mid afternoon, then dinner, so you know, we liked our breakfast buffets to be plentiful!:laughing:

For those who have been in the recent past.....what princesses have you seen for breakfast? I know they are subject to change; just wondering who's been there recently. Going in about a month. This breakfast is one of our MUSTS every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter