Akershus Breakfast Question

ColinCodyMom

DIS Veteran
We have CRT booked and paid for and then found out my inlaws were joining us. I have tried to find an ADR for 2 to accommodate them, but I can't. I did find an ADR for our entire party for Akershus. We've never been here before. My kids don't eat scrambled eggs though. They eat sausage and bacon, waffles and pancakes but not scrambled eggs. Has anyone been able to request pancakes or something similar at Akershus? Also, did I read this right that this is a one credit dining plan location? I had to use a credit card to guarantee the ressie and I'm hoping they don't charge me. If it's a one credit location, that's a huge plus!! Thanks everyone! I appreciate it. :)

I did some research for you and found out that they do not have to provide pancakes or waffles since it is not on your menu. But in most cases they will because we all know disney and their exceptional service. If you ask for the Mickey Mouse waffles they will most likely bring them out to you. I did not find anybody who was told no as of yet. It does take a little longer then the other food but it should be no problem. I think it is worth it I have been to Akershus twice and the princesses are very interactive!! it is a wonderful experience :) One of my favorites!!
Magical Wishes:wizard:

We don't eat eggs, either. We had plenty to eat. You have the cold buffet bar. Besides eggs, they bring you bacon, potatoes, and something else which I can't remember right now..... I would pick this one over Cindy's (we been there, too.)

Thanks for the replies!! I still hope they can make them pancakes or something. I'd hate to pay that much and they only eat bacon. I hear good things about this restaurant though!! :)

The food is yummy at Akershus (only for breakfast) and DD16 made sure we had breakfast here again on next trip.

What's on the buffet at breakfast? Does anyone have a pic or a list? I'm glad to see this question because I don't eat potatoes and my kids do not eat scrambled eggs (they eat sunny side up eggs and boiled eggs, they just have never loved scrambled eggs).

There's also the buffet part of it... lots of fruit, which I know my kids fill up on that. Also croissants and pastries.

My kids don't eat scrambled eggs either, and neither do I, but we all love the Akershus breakfast! No one else in my family eats potatoes, either, so that means I get the yummy potato casserole all to myself, while DH gets the eggs all to himself.

The cold buffet has cut up fruit (melon, grapes, berries), pastries (cinnamon rolls, muffins, maybe bagels?), and yogurt and/or granola, I think. I remember blueberries and raspberries on the buffet that were probably intended to go in something (yogurt or oatmeal), but my kids ate them plain so the accompaniment escapes me. The hot foods are eggs, potato casserole, bacon and sausage. Not sure what they do to the sausage, but I think we got thirds of it!

The character interaction is excellent at Akershus. I definitely recommend it over CRT for the food, value and interaction. The only thing that CRT has the edge on for us is the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter