AK-- Yak & Yeti or leave for Sanaa

irvinehouse

Earning My Ears
We are going to AK on Sat. Sept 15. and plan to be there at rope drop. We have La Nouba tickets for 6pm that night (and will probably want to go back to hotel room to freshen up before the show). We are planning on eating a late lunch so we could do a late dinner after the show. Should we just stay in the parks to eat? I really wanted to try Sanaa sometime, but not sure if this would work scheduling wise. It's been almost a decade since I've been to WDW and I'm having a hard time figuring out my schedule. Tell me how you'd plan your day with these events.

TIA,
Lisa

If it was me, I would stay in the AK until about 1:00 and then head over to Sanaa for a late lunch. Then I would do a late supper after La Nouba. Staying until 1:00 will allow you to do all of the shows/attractions so leaving won't mean you are missing anything. After lunch I would head back to my resort to relax/freshen up before heading out to La Nouba in the evening.

Yak and Yeti is okay, but Sanaa is amazing. It is, by far, my favorite restaurant at WDW and I've eaten in nearly all of them.

If it was me, I would stay in the AK until about 1:00 and then head over to Sanaa for a late lunch. Then I would do a late supper after La Nouba. Staying until 1:00 will allow you to do all of the shows/attractions so leaving won't mean you are missing anything. After lunch I would head back to my resort to relax/freshen up before heading out to La Nouba in the evening.

Yak and Yeti is okay, but Sanaa is amazing. It is, by far, my favorite restaurant at WDW and I've eaten in nearly all of them.

I agree with this post. AKV is only a couple minutes from AK, so it's not like you will be going way out of the way if you decide to go to Sanaa. Will you have your car or will you be relying on WDW transportation?

Sanaa it is, then!

We will have our car with us, but we rely on WDW transportation mostly. We are staying at CBR.

Getting from AKL to CBR, we could drive ourselves that day to the park and resort (would be be paying for parking?). Rely completely on the buses. Or use the bus to the park and then a taxi back to our resort.

Which would you do?

Lisa

Sanaa it is, then!

We will have our car with us, but we rely on WDW transportation mostly. We are staying at CBR.

Getting from AKL to CBR, we could drive ourselves that day to the park and resort (would be be paying for parking?). Rely completely on the buses. Or use the bus to the park and then a taxi back to our resort.

Which would you do?

Lisa

Personally, I would drive, but I drive just about everywhere on property. You will not have to pay for parking since you are staying on-site. When you leave AK, you can go straight to your car instead of waiting for a bus, drive to AK and park at Kidani Village, then after lunch, drive back to CBR to get cleaned up for DTD. I would also recommend driving to DTD; bus transportation there is the pits! I think you will like Sanaa. Enjoy!

DEFINITELY drive! Parking is free for resort guests and having the car gives you so many options, particularly if you want to visit a resort.

I also would go to Sanaa and relax. Maybe do a 2 p.m. lunch? Its a beautiful restaurant, really good good. We recently tried Yak & Yeti, which is cool inside but we found the food to be really average. It was not a "never again" but to me it was not as good as our local PF Changs. Not awful, but just OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter