• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AK with crowd level of 6 and 7

cerberus

"If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exe
We are going to WDW June 3-14. With the new Pandora stuff at AK how will the park be if the predicted crowd levels on June 10th and June 11th are 7 and 6. I purposely picked the lower crowd days for the other 3 parks, but now wondering if I need to switch one of the days to the lowest crowd level of 5 ?
TIA

Crowded but not miserable. Don’t change days based on calendars. While they may get it right sometimes, it’s not guaranteed. Go in with a good plan and get the right fastpasses and you’ll be set. Especially at AK. If you get FOP, Everest and Safari most everything else can be gotten as a 4 or 5th FP after you use those 3 up.

We are going to WDW June 3-14. With the new Pandora stuff at AK how will the park be if the predicted crowd levels on June 10th and June 11th are 7 and 6. I purposely picked the lower crowd days for the other 3 parks, but now wondering if I need to switch one of the days to the lowest crowd level of 5 ?
TIA

We've been to AK on several 6 and 7 days and they're manageable. We chose those days because they were later in our trip so we could get FOP FPs (we were staying onsite). AK tends to clear out in the later afternoon. I think the fact that not a lot of people like ROL means that a lot of people see it as a 1/2 day park. Also I don't know that you can really tell the difference between a 5 and 6 day (or any 1 digit change in a CL).

We went the first week of Feb. Our AK day was about a 6 or 7 if I remember correctly. We planned a short day there, so we didn't arrive until 10:00. We had a FP for Everest, went there and then used FP for Dinosaur. Got lunch at Flame Tree BBQ with mobile order. Long line at the counter, but with mobile order, we grabbed a table, placed our order and waited 5-10 min tops. After that, we headed into Pandora. I got a FP in advance for FoP for 1:00, I was able to move it up a half hour early. We did FoP, wandered around Pandora. Got another FP for FoP and went again. Grabbed a FP for Na'vi River, rode that then we left around 4:00. I originally had a FP for Safari but we changed it to Dinosaur the day prior, we decided not to do the Safari since we were tired from lots of park days and wanted a shorter, simpler park day that day. We have a safari park in our state that is really similar to the AK Safari, so we didn't care if we missed that. Standby wait times while we were there were: Everest 45+ min, Flight of Passage 120-180 min, Na'vi 60-70 min, Dinosaur 60 min. So it wasn't a slow day as far as crowds and wait times but we did great with our plan. Overall, very manageable if you have a good FP plan. We didn't wait more than 10 minutes for any ride and the crowds on the walkways weren't too bad. We definitely had more crowded days at HS, MK and Epcot. Our AK day felt way more relaxed.

Thank you. I appreciate all your input! For now I will keep it scheduled as it

i wouldn't change my plans based on a crowd calendar.
There is noting scientific about them as they don't get any data from Disney.
This year, with all the new rides opening and construction, data from previous years is nearly useless to base travel plans on as well.

TIA
A crowd level of 5 will most likely "feel" no different to you than a crowd level of 6. Have you been there before? Disney always feels crowded to me but at 5/6 it's definitely not at its worse. If you want to avoid crowds as much as possible arriving at the park an hour before rope drop will affect your experience (positively) much more than changing days in my opinion :)

If you already have your fast passes for FOp just do this when the mob all heads to Pandora you head in the opposite direction.

i wouldn't change my plans based on a crowd calendar.
There is noting scientific about them as they don't get any data from Disney.
This year, with all the new rides opening and construction, data from previous years is nearly useless to base travel plans on as well.
Good to know . We have always used the crowd calendars with good results!

A crowd level of 5 will most likely "feel" no different to you than a crowd level of 6. Have you been there before? Disney always feels crowded to me but at 5/6 it's definitely not at its worse. If you want to avoid crowds as much as possible arriving at the park an hour before rope drop will affect your experience (positively) much more than changing days in my opinion :)
We go about every other year and always on the beginning of June so there are always crowds...lol!

If you already have your fast passes for FOp just do this when the mob all heads to Pandora you head in the opposite direction.
Thanks! Our window to get fastpasses has not opened yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter