• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AK Tour choice?

cleophus12

DIS Veteran
We have been to WDW many times and are always on the lookout for something different. We have never done a tour at AK. Wild Africa Trek seems a bit expensive, but I would do it if it was a "don't miss". How do the Backstage safari and the Wild by Design tours stack up? What are their differences? Is one better than the other? Just looking for ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

I've never done the Wild Africa Trek, but I have done both the Backstage safari and the Wild by Design tours. The basic difference is that the first is indeed "Backstage", while the second is "On stage". And in the past, each Backstage Safari tour seemed to vary slightly depending on the different interests of participants. For instance, on one tour, someone was interested in vet medicine, so they went to meet a vet out at Rafiki's area. On our tour, someone mentioned being a birder and having a real interest in birds, so we went to the bakstage quarantine aviary (I think it was called). And of course, all Backstage Safari tours visit where the food for the animals is prossessed, does its own safari ride, and has a sit down "meet and greet" with a small animal (we had a lizard). Wild by Design, like I said, is onstae, where lots of things in the architecture, history, backstory, and some hidden mickeys, are pointed out. Since I love AK, and have read so much about it, only about half of the Wild by Design Tour was new information to me, but there were some new, pretty neat facts. However, given a choice again, I'd rather do Backstage safari. Oh-on that we also went to the animal backstage houses and visited a couple animals, including a rhino.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter