AK: Safari to FOTLK

Lalalyn

Mouseketeer
Our Safari FP starts at 9:15. What are the chances we can make it to the 10am FOTLK?

If we do it without a FP and head to safari right at rope drop, any better or worse chance of making it?

Part of me is considering canceling all of our FPs for AK and booking evening ones at MK.

Unless you are arriving at 9:00 on an EMH morning, you shouldn't need a FP that early for KS. Have a look at the AK cheat sheet at easywdw.com. It gives suggestions on how to tour without FPs if you want to book evening FPs at another park. If you can arrive at AK well before the official opening time ( to be at or near the front of the crowd) you should have no trouble getting off KS in time for the first FOTLK show.

I agree with the above post. I have never needed a FP+ for safari that early, it would just be a waste, IMO. If you're there early before the park opens, just walk there first, and you should be fine. I always do KS as my first ride at open.

Get there early, I suggest around 8:15am for a 9am opening, to be near the front of the crowd. Head right to KS at rope drop. Then wander over to the FotLK. That's what we do. Depending on how long the safari is, no giraffes or rhinos blocking the way, you might have time for a walk through the Pangani trail. We have stopped being early for the 10am FotLK show. But then we don't go during holiday crowds.

We do the safari then head to Everest for a few rides and then the Dino ride, then another Safari if line is not long--usually 20 minutes, then Lion King show.

We got a FP for KS that early because we wanted to meet Russell and Doug first thing and wanted to make the 10 am FOTLK. Seemed like it would work well. We were first in line for Russell and Doug, then had a 9:10 FP for KS.

Posted wait time was 25 minutes. We waited at least 20 with a FP. o_O

We had to book it to make it to FOTLK because KS is a long ride. We walked into FOTLK at 9:58. That was a little stressful. I would get to KS ASAP to make the 10 am FOTLK.

On a positive note, since we arrived so late to FOTLK, we got a front row seat- something we have never been able to do before because all the best seats are reserved for those with disabilities and their large traveling parties until just a few minutes before the show. If you arrive really late, you might get a really good seat since they let late arrivals get the best seats that are not yet taken (doesn't seem fair at all, but that is how they do it). For the first time in forever, we sat close enough so that my daughter was chosen to be in the parade at the end. It was our best experience at that show since we could finally see it really well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter