AK Safari at night?

DisKrazyKris

Earning My Ears
This is my very first post! :yay: Yes, I have been a lurker for far too long...... Does anyone know what time in the evening the safari in AK stops running? Does it run after dark, and if it does, can you really see any animals? We have been several times, but never at night. In general, is AK a good park to go to at night, especially for EMH? Thanks for the help!:)

The Kilimanjaro Safari stops it's normal runs at dusk. It does not run in normal mode after dark to the best of my knowledge.

Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Knox

I believe that AK closes at 5. It did in Feb when I was there. I think once or twice a week they stay open till 8 or 9, but it takes a long time to get the animals into their pens and fed at night. I am not sure if this is true for peak or summer season. I think most of the animals go to bed with the sun so they wouldn't make for an exciting safari.

Even if the park is open later than sundown, the last safari leaves before sundown. There are days when the park is open till 8, but there will be a sign near the safari that says what time the last one will be leaving due to sundown.

No safari's after dark. The folks at Disney take most of the animals to their night houses for routine care and then the animals go nite nite, no :happytv: , no :banana: , just sleeping so they can be ready for guests the next day!!

Yup, Kilimanjaro safari closes at dusk, so even during EMH nights it won't be open.... would be pretty neat though but I guess those animals need their rest :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter