• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AK question.

ScrapperKimmyD

I'm all a-twitter!
I keep reading to do the safari ride first thing.

I think I also read to get a FP for EE first thing.

So, should we go straight to the safari or get the FP for EE first, then do the safari? Or get the FP for EE right after we do the safari?

:) I would get a FP for EE and do the Safari first. That way it will be early and more animals might be out. But you can reverse and still get it all in. The safari ride lines get long early on usually. Have fun!!

So if we go over to EE to get the FP, we'll have time to get back over to the Safari in time for a short line and early enough to see some animals?

I think that's what I'm worried about - not being able to get back over there in time. Looking at the map, they look a LONG ways away from each other.

It looks like you are going in November - is that correct? (I didn't pay close attention to your ticker) We went the first week of November last year and then the first week of December I think the year before. Both times we rode EE first - several times, then got fast passes for it - and then went over to the Safaris. We saw plenty of animals. At that time of year it was still cool enough out at that time of the morning that they were all over the place and the lines were not very long. If you are going over a holiday, however, this strategy may not work because the lines may get long earlier.

Right now the plan is to go to AK the day after Thanksgiving, but there is a slight possibility that we'll go ON Thanksgiving day.

I just read that T-day wasn't very busy last year due to no big restaurants there. But I want Friday to be a short day and thought AK would be good for that.

We were there for Memorial Day Week, we went to AK on the EMH day. We were able to be there for rope drop for the safari, saw plenty of animals, then went straight to EE. There was a 20 min wait, which is not bad. Went right on. Hope this helps

As another poster mentioned, this won't be a huge issue in November. In Sept, if you don't go first thing, you definately won't see a ton of animals. First time we rode the safari in the afternoon and that story they tell didn't make much sense because we literally saw no major animals (i don't know where they were hiding but we definately didn't see them). In November you should be able to ride EE and get over to safari in plenty of time to see animals. You should be more worried about the lines than the animals hiding from the heat. EE and the safari aren't that close but it's a lot closer from EE to the safari than the front of the park to EE. Give yourself plenty of walking time...AK is HUGE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter