• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AK Question and fast pass?

condomom

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

We will be in AK on Sunday and I was wondering where the centralized fast pass was, and if you can get fastpasses for all the rides at once?

And we have never done EE before, is it ok for a 7 and 8 year old? Not too scary? How about Dinosaur? Is it too jerky in movements? I was thining we would go to EE first ride it, go to Dinosaur then head to kali river?

Hi there,

We will be in AK on Sunday and

1-I was wondering where the centralized fast pass was, and

2-if you can get fastpasses for all the rides at once?

And we have never done EE before,

3- is it ok for a 7 and 8 year old?
4- Not too scary?
5- How about Dinosaur? Is it too jerky in movements?
I was thining we would go to EE first ride it, go to Dinosaur then head to
6- kali river?

1- At the ITTBAB FastPass machines (if the experimental FP machines are still in operation.)
2- Not "all." (But some say 2 or 3 are possible, at times.
3- Depends on the 7 and 8 year old.
4- Again, depends on the 7 and 8 year old.
5- It is, by FAR, the roughest, loudest, jerkiest ride at WDW.
6- One, two... or ALL of you will get DRENCHED with water... through and through. Plan accordingly.

And we have never done EE before, is it ok for a 7 and 8 year old? Not too scary? How about Dinosaur? Is it too jerky in movements? I was thining we would go to EE first ride it, go to Dinosaur then head to kali river?

EE - definitely scary. relatively fast. goes backwards in the dark. it just depends on the youngster whether they would be ok or not. (not as scary as the rock'n'roller coaster or most of the coasters at universal, but fairly intense by wdw standards.)

dinosaur is a little scary and jerky IMO, but again it just depends on the youngster.

I have heard a couple of reports lately that people were able to get FPs for all three attractions (EE, Safari, Dinosuar) at the same time at the centralized machines. But I don't think that was the case earlier this month.

EE could be too scary. Depends on the 7- and 8-year-old, and what sort of things scare them. It has a slow climb up to a substantial height (nice view of park), a backwards drop in the dark, a substantial forward drop in the dark, curves and twists, and a Yeti monster who may or may not be in scary mode.

Most people seem to think Dinosaur is the scariest attraction of all in WDW, especially for young children. It is EXTREMELY loud, very dark, and EXTREMELY jerky. For kids, I think the dark, the noise, and the dinosaurs ready to eat you are the scariest. For me, the jerkiness is the only bad part. It is really, really jerky.

Oh, and did I mention that the Dinosaur ride is pretty jerky? ;)

Hi there,

We will be in AK on Sunday and I was wondering where the centralized fast pass was, and if you can get fastpasses for all the rides at once?

We were just there on Saturday and yes the centralized FP were still there. DH and my nephew were getting us FP when we got there and they over heard that the machines were allowing you to get more than one FP at a time. Hopefully yo will have that luck also. As for EE and Dinosaur being scary I think they but my DD loved them so yes it depends on the child.

I would try EE first I think it's the less scary of the 2. See how they do and try dinosaur if they want to. I am an adult and I still put my hea down on the dinosaur ride :sad2:

Multiple fastpasses were available on Saturday 8/22. The park wasn't very crowded until after noon and it was an EMH morning. (score!)

My 7 and 9 year old girls were definitley NOT going on Everest. Drops are not their thing. For comparison, Splash Mountain is at the upper limit of their drop tolerance. If yours take Splash in stride I'd think Everest might be do-able. I think Splash's drop is longer, but Everest is backwards and in the dark, which takes it to a whole 'nother level.

Ditto with Dinosaur but for different reasons. For us dark and jerky are not so much the problem as LOUD and scary things jumping out at you unexpectedly.

sorry to jump in...

With the Central Fastpass machines, do they post the current wait time? or do they just have the return time on them?

tlc

Dumb question - in addition to the centralized FP machine, are the "regular" machines still at each ride dispensing FPs?

I ask because we have a breakfast one morning at Tusker House and I was planning to run over to the Safari and get a FP before we ate, and was hoping I wouldn't have to go all the way over to the centralized FP machine. Thanks!

sorry to jump in...

With the Central Fastpass machines, do they post the current wait time? or do they just have the return time on them?

tlc

The wait times are posted on the board to the right just before you'd get to ITTBAB and the central FP machines, IIRC.

That would be sweet if they're still coughing up multiple FPs in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter