AK- Picnic in the Park?? Thoughts???

bam1004

Mouseketeer
We are heading to WDW in June and I was thinking of trying the picnic in the park at AK? Has anyone tried it? Was it good? Thoughts???
TIA

The picnic in the park has been discontinued, not open seasonally at all.

It appears that Picnic in the Park no longer exists at all as far as being a pre-ordered picnic that you order in the morning and pick up later in the day, with hot food options such as rotisserie chicken and sides.

You can still get the Tier 2 sandwiches, chips, and drinks from a grab-and-go at the Beastly Bazaar and assemble your own picnic. But you can no longer pre-order one, the chicken and ham are not available, and no hot or cold sides.

Thanks for the responses! I guess we will just have to check it out once we get there.

we also plan on checking this out next sun (mothers day).
whilst the hot (tier 2) option is no longer offered, i've heard the sandwiches and wraps are very good

we also plan on checking this out next sun (mothers day).
whilst the hot (tier 2) option is no longer offered, i've heard the sandwiches and wraps are very good

Please let me know how it goes. We were planning on doing the sandwiches. They sound good!
Have a great trip!

We did the "assemble it yourself" picnic in the park at Beastly Bazaar in January. It was a nice day so we wanted to eat outside. The sandwiches were quite good and my daughter just wanted to re-usable bag! She also liked that she got my dessert since I don't eat it.

If they have the order in the morning option available for my fall trip I would definitely think about it. I don't like to eat outside on our May trips because it is just too darn hot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter