AK night-time safari??

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
Are they still doing this?
I had heard so much negative feedback and we did not experience this last year. But I plan to hit AK in the late afternoon and thought I'd give it a try if they still had it. The park closes at 8p, sun set is about 6:30p, so I was thinking the safari around 7p then see the Awakenings before heading out.

Are they still doing this?
I had heard so much negative feedback and we did not experience this last year. But I plan to hit AK in the late afternoon and thought I'd give it a try if they still had it. The park closes at 8p, sun set is about 6:30p, so I was thinking the safari around 7p then see the Awakenings before heading out.

We Loved It! I'd Go, We Got to see some lions up!

If I didn't see one animal I would still love this! Riding through the safari in the dark? The Ultimate Dark Ride!!!

At least for me, I wouldn't call it "negative" feedback on my thoughts. The safari is purely random in what you will and won't see. Seeing the safari area at night was really cool. Visibility is definitely not as good as in the daytime, but it was still fun. It's worth your time. Lines, in our experience, were very short, so you could walk right on. Last time we did it at night, there were literally 3 or 4 trucks lined up just waiting for guests to show up.

We did it in November and loved it. It was dark so some animals were hard to see, but a different experience for sure.

I will say that while I would not do it again it was kind of neat. I was thankful we were able to go another day and see it in the light since one member of our group had never been.

We went right around sun set last week and it was one of the highlights of our trip. We walked right on, they even asked where we wanted to sit. There were tons of animals around and super close. We actually had to stop and wait a while bc there were a bunch of rinos in the road!

Do it right before sunset to get a really nice experience. You will, most likely, see several active animals. If you wait too late, you won't actually be able to see anything as it will be too dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter