AK Breakfastasaurus/EE Question

KCMiller

DIS Veteran
OK, for those of you who have been, I have a question. Our ADR is for 8am. The park opens at 9. If you're done before 9am, do they hold you in the restaurant? How does this work? And tell me the best way to head to Everest, please!

Thanks much,

KC :sunny:

We had an 8:10 adr for Donalds. After we finished eating we could go outside but there is a rope at the entrance to Dinoland. The CM watched for the "official" rope drop at the front. When they dropped their rope he came back and dropped ours. You will head straight ahead then turn right on the road to Asia. At the bridge to Asia they had another rope, to allow the "official" group time to catch up and to prevent running and knocking over people (per the CM's). When the larger group was close they walk you to the FP line for the first loading. I wanted to get Fp's before loading so I just walked right along and talked with the CM, when we got close to where I needed to go straight she let me go around her. I didn't run because I didn't want a stampede behind me, but as soon as they dropped the rope I could here the foot steps coming fast.
The rest of my family waited at the FP line for me and we were in the first cars of the second group going up.
When we finished we got into the stand-by line and rode again - about a 5-10 min wait. Then left and came back later with our FP's.

I am looking at my map of AK in the Passporter and was wondering when the bridge between and Asia and DinoLand opens up? Is it at the same time as the rope drop or later?

Also, I am going to Donalds' for b-fast at 8:00 and then supposed to meet up with some folks that are coming to the park for the rope drop to ride EE. Where would be the best place to meet?

Thanks

Oh this is the exact same thing I'm doing too. I'm calling now to change my ADRs to 8:00 instead of later in the day. :teeth:

We just got back and we ate there on the 17th, 8am ADR. We finished before 9 and waited at the rope in Dinoland. The CMs were great, when the rope dropped we ran to the next rope holders, and were walked to EE. We were on the first ride of the day!!! I didn't have time to chicken out. By the time we got off, the line was well over 100
people long and the FP line had mobs of people.
If you are meeting people, meet at EE since the way we were let in wasn't open to the public until after we had gone through. We saw everyone running from the other way.

It all sounds sorta stressful, but also pretty exciting! My DSisters and I will be there in November, and we're REALLY looking forward to this - I'm usually the big chicken with roller coasters, but I just have to be a big brave dog and ride EE!

If one of us dashes over and gets the FP, and the other 2 of us get online - eeech, how does that work? I don't want to be a line jumper - can the FP getter join the other 2, though?

I just hope I won't lose all the breakfast I just ate :teeth: !

KC

KCMiller said:
If one of us dashes over and gets the FP, and the other 2 of us get online - eeech, how does that work? I don't want to be a line jumper - can the FP getter join the other 2, though?

I just hope I won't lose all the breakfast I just ate :teeth: !

KC

KC - that is what we did. At the bridge I worked my way up front and just talked with the CM holding the rope. As they walked us in I was right next to her. As they turned toward EE, I went around and dashed for FP's (I had to get 5). My family stood aside at the FP entrance (this is where they lead the first group) and I ran back and joined them. We weren't on the first run but were on the second run. With only 3 you may make the first run. Good luck and have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter