AK Advice

backpacktwang

Mouseketeer
Need some advice on a touring plan for Animal Kingdom on a 10 crowd day with a 7:00 a.m. EMH. We are planning to get there around 6:40 and then go straight to Safari at RD. After that, we want to do the following, but don't know what order or which to get FP for. Do you all have any advice? We have Yak & Yeti lunch ADR at 12:00.

-Everest
-Kali River Rapids
-Dinosaur
-Boneyard
-Triceratop Spin
-Primeval Whirl
-Lion King show
-Nemo (if we have time- optional)

Also, if anyone has suggestions for a good adult drink in the plan, I would love it! DH and DS are riding most of those rides by themselves because I get motion sick, so I have to occupy myself somehow, lol. :rotfl:

Need some advice on a touring plan for Animal Kingdom on a 10 crowd day with a 7:00 a.m. EMH. We are planning to get there around 6:40 and then go straight to Safari at RD. After that, we want to do the following, but don't know what order or which to get FP for. Do you all have any advice? We have Yak & Yeti lunch ADR at 12:00.

-Everest
-Kali River Rapids
-Dinosaur
-Boneyard
-Triceratop Spin
-Primeval Whirl
-Lion King show
-Nemo (if we have time- optional)

Also, if anyone has suggestions for a good adult drink in the plan, I would love it! DH and DS are riding most of those rides by themselves because I get motion sick, so I have to occupy myself somehow, lol. :rotfl:

If you have the personnel, have somebody be a "runner" and get FASTPASSes for Everest as the rest of the group heads for the Safari. After the Safari it will probably be close enough to use your FP. If not, you can ride Kali until your FP is good. After that, it's a toss up between Kali (if you didn't already ride it) or heading to Dinoland. Personally, I would get a head to Dinoland and ride Primeval Whirl, Triceratop Spin and Dinosaur in that order. At this time, you may be able to score a FP for Kali in the 1 to 2 p.m. return time (if you didn't go on it in the morning). I would say this is ideal since Yak & Yeti is right next door. Also, you should see the 11 a.m. Nemo show. It will let out and give you enough time to get to lunch by noon (as long as you sit close to an exit and hoof it over there). After lunch you can use your Kali FP (if you didn't go already) and go to the 2:30 Festival of the Lion King show after or just go to the 1:30 Lion King show if you already did Kali earlier.

I know this involves a lot of walking but it's not that far from Asia to Dinoland if you take the walkway by Nemo. This is what I would do but I wouldn't mind the walking and you could get the most done in the smallest amount of time.

If you have the personnel, have somebody be a "runner" and get FASTPASSes for Everest as the rest of the group heads for the Safari.

How far is it from Everest to Safari? Not concerned about endurance, but more of a time frame to give those heading straight to the Safari.

Depending on route, yeah. It's definitely a few minutes. I've never timed it myself, but I reckon a fit power walker could walk it in 3-4 minutes. That's just the walk. That doesn't include time to actually wait in line, get fast passes & get clear of the pack to get moving again.

About half a mile is correct, according to Google Maps. My DH and I once mapped walking times out while playing with the google. Fun times.

LoriABil said:
About half a mile is correct, according to Google Maps. My DH and I once mapped walking times out while playing with the google. Fun times.

That is way too hard core for me!

I am thinking this is the best way to go, send the family to Safari while I head straight to FP Everest. Once the Everest FP is valid, run ahead to FP Dinosaur. I figure we can always backtrack to Rafiki and Maharajarah. Skipping Kali, no water rides.

NorthernBuckeye said:
I am thinking this is the best way to go, send the family to Safari while I head straight to FP Everest. Once the Everest FP is valid, run ahead to FP Dinosaur. I figure we can always backtrack to Rafiki and Maharajarah. Skipping Kali, no water rides.

That's what I usually do. Fam goes to Safari. I hotfoot to Everest. We meet up at the Safari entrance. They don't get in line until I get there.

I'd go on all the rides you want to before lunch. You can probably do safari, EE, and Dinoland including the Boneyard between 7am-10am, then do Kali. If you aren't riding EE maybe you can go ahead to Dinoland to pick up Dinosaur FPs and then meet up at Primeval Whirl.

After lunch I'd see the Lion King, Nemo and any characters on your to do list. Personally I'm over Nemo, but still LOVE the Lion King show.

You're not doing the safari? That's about the one thing you couild probably do...if not, then definitely go up for the EE FPs...

Gosh, I power walked from Camp Minnie to EE in about that time and I was in my fit flops...it was intense! :rotfl:

You're not doing the safari? That's about the one thing you couild probably do...if not, then definitely go up for the EE FPs...

Gosh, I power walked from Camp Minnie to EE in about that time and I was in my fit flops...it was intense! :rotfl:

Yes, Safari is our first stop!!!

If you have the personnel, have somebody be a "runner" and get FASTPASSes for Everest as the rest of the group heads for the Safari. After the Safari it will probably be close enough to use your FP. If not, you can ride Kali until your FP is good. After that, it's a toss up between Kali (if you didn't already ride it) or heading to Dinoland. Personally, I would get a head to Dinoland and ride Primeval Whirl, Triceratop Spin and Dinosaur in that order. At this time, you may be able to score a FP for Kali in the 1 to 2 p.m. return time (if you didn't go on it in the morning). I would say this is ideal since Yak & Yeti is right next door. Also, you should see the 11 a.m. Nemo show. It will let out and give you enough time to get to lunch by noon (as long as you sit close to an exit and hoof it over there). After lunch you can use your Kali FP (if you didn't go already) and go to the 2:30 Festival of the Lion King show after or just go to the 1:30 Lion King show if you already did Kali earlier.

I know this involves a lot of walking but it's not that far from Asia to Dinoland if you take the walkway by Nemo. This is what I would do but I wouldn't mind the walking and you could get the most done in the smallest amount of time.

I could be the runner, for sure, for the whole day if necessary since I won't be doing EE or probably much of anything in Dinoland. DH and I are both runners, so the walking/ jogging is definitely doable to make sure we get everything in. Thanks for this advice... it really helps! :)

AK is actually a really easy park to tour. We always go to EE first as we want multiple rides. We get a FP and then ride - usually 5+ times before it gets crowded. Then we head to Dinoland and do TS, PM and Dinosaur (Dino seriously never has a line). After this we head back towards Africa. I have the fam wait at ITTBAB while I get Safari FP's. The return time shouldn't be that far out. After ITTBAB, we head back towards the safari and it is usually about time to go on. After the safari, it is usually lunch time and then Lion King. There might be some time in here for Boneyard.

We always save Kali for last because there is a chance that someone in your party will get soaked. By soaked, I mean jump in a pool soaked. If this happens, it is very uncomfortable walking around the park in wet clothes. Even if it is hot, it is not fun.

Have a great trip!

backpacktwang said:

Not sure if you can get it anywhere else in the park, but the yak attack drink from yak and yeti is delicious!!! I know you can get it "to go" if you ordered it at the end of your meal, too. Enjoy!

While it may be tempting to ride Kali while you are moving between KS and EE, don't ride it too early. March mornings can still be cool in FL, and one of two things will happen on Kali -- you will get soaked like you jumped into a pool, or you will remain dry, depending on the alignment of your raft in a couple of places. Very few people come off with mere splash marks on their clothes.

While it may be tempting to ride Kali while you are moving between KS and EE, don't ride it too early. March mornings can still be cool in FL, and one of two things will happen on Kali -- you will get soaked like you jumped into a pool, or you will remain dry, depending on the alignment of your raft in a couple of places. Very few people come off with mere splash marks on their clothes.

That is something I hadn't thought of. Thanks for the warning. We won't ride it early unless it's super hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter