AirTran

Trying to Plan

Earning My Ears
Hi there....Has anyone flown Air Tran? Good/Bad/OK?? See there are cheap flights out of Boston to MCO and I am considering driving from NS to Boston for flights? Just worried about using that airline...I have only used United and Air Canada before...Any feedback is welcome??

Trying to Plan said:
Hi there....Has anyone flown Air Tran? Good/Bad/OK?? See there are cheap flights out of Boston to MCO and I am considering driving from NS to Boston for flights? Just worried about using that airline...I have only used United and Air Canada before...Any feedback is welcome??

As far as discount airlines go they are fine. Have used them for the Buffalo to Orlando run. They are owned by Southwest, and bit by bit they are changing things over to the SW brand so fly them while you can. Honestly not really much difference in service between SW/AT and the other lines you mentioned.

We are here in Orlando right now. We flew down from Buffalo via Airtran on the 23rd. It was our first time using this airline (previous trips have been via Sunwing from Toronto and Jetblue from Syracuse).

The plane was old and in desperate need of an exterior paint job (enough that that the condition of the outside of the plane made me a little wary for our safety :crazy2:). And we terribly missed having our own TV's. That said, everything else was fine. I should note that we flew business class so we had very spacious seats, priority boarding and deplaning, etc. Upgraded for a very small fee from our original seats to business class when checking in at the 24 hour mark.

Airtran did oversell our flight, though. They were looking for 3 volunteers at the time of boarding to take a later flight the same day on Jetblue, and who would receive a future round-trip flight for free for their trouble.

My advice .... Airtran is okay, but as Gina said .... a little um "cheapy?", but skip BOS and look to Providence Rhode Island (PVD), Ive flown from BOS, PVD, PWM, MHT YHZ and the best deals are from PVD. Give me your dates and I will see what I can find. :)

Gina ... you didn't get your trip approved by us .... Demanding a new trip report!

Ted

If you go for Boston, I remember seeing signs in Portsmouth NH for long term parking at the Amtrak for airport shuttles to Logan. Might be worth a look.

I prefer JetBlue (personal TV's and great service), then Southwest (great service), before AirTran.

Also be careful of seat assignment fees and luggage fees. Add those up and you could sometimes do better on the other airlines.

Gina ... you didn't get your trip approved by us .... Demanding a new trip report!

Ted

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Sorry Ted, I forgot to keep you all "in the know"!!

A trip report will be forthcoming in the new year......we fly back to Buffalo on Sunday afternoon (via Jetblue :cool1:), then are spending a night in Niagara Falls before returning home on the evening of the 31st. Vacations are always over so fast!!! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter