airtran schedule change

Depends how much the schedule changes. If it's five minutes (or even 20 minutes), probably not. If it's an hour or more or they've change you from a non-stop flight to a connecting flight, you almost certainly would be able to change to a more convenient time or get a refund (not just credits) without any charges. The big issue is that there have to be more convenient flights and there have to be seats available on those flights.

The above applies to most airlines, not just to AirTran.

not necessarily true, or atleast the last time I flew them. My flight changed by about 15 minutes, and I was able to rebook, and actually change the airport I was flying in and out of. It may have been a fluke, and I got a really nice customer service person. Not sure. But didn't know if any of this had changed in the last year.

Depends how much the schedule changes. If it's five minutes (or even 20 minutes), probably not. If it's an hour or more or they've change you from a non-stop flight to a connecting flight, you almost certainly would be able to change to a more convenient time or get a refund (not just credits) without any charges. The big issue is that there have to be more convenient flights and there have to be seats available on those flights.

The above applies to most airlines, not just to AirTran.

I've changed my flight to a different one when my original flight changed by 4 minutes. No problem at all.

I've changed my flight to a different one when my original flight changed by 4 minutes. No problem at all.

Glad it worked out for you and the other PP. Certainly shows that there's never any harm in asking. I would not rely on being able to make wholesale schedule changes as a result of an airline changing your flight time by a small amount of time.

We were at WDW April 30th-May 8th. Originally my husband had to work that weekend and his boss was being a horse's rear end refusing to let him switch weekends with a coworker, who had volunteered to do so. Anyway when Air Tran put their tickets on sale, I booked for me to fly out on Sat and my husband to fly out on Mon. My husband's boss then changed his mind and decided to let my husband and his coworker switch weekends. I kept waiting, hoping Air Tran would change his flight time. They changed my outgoing flight by about 30 minutes and then changed our incoming flight by 4 minutes. They never changed his outgoing flight though. I finally gave up about 3 weeks before the trip and called to see how much it would cost to change him to my flight. I called, fully expecting to pay and arm and a leg. I explained the situation asking how much it would cost to get him on my flight and laughed saying if it was too high, he may just have to keep his Monday flight. The very nice rep laughed and said, "no you guys need to be on the same plane. Let me see what I can do". He came back telling me our incoming flight had changed by 4 minutes, but that didn't help, since his outgoing flight hadn't changed and that was the one we needed. I told him I knew that and just wanted to know how much it'd cost me to cancel and rebook. He again put me on hold, then came back and said he'd done a courtesy switch. Not only did he switch my husband to my flight, he also assigned him a seat next to me, (we had paid for our seats already), and it didn't cost me a penny. I love Air Tran.:love:

Some of our group was able to switch not only flights but the day of the flight with a 4 min. time change. After we had booked, some decided they would have been able to leave a day earlier, so when the fight time changed they called, fully expecting them to say they wouldn't put them on a flight a day earlier with such a small change - but they did! Their customer service has always been stellar.

They r notorious for changing flights/times and I would never fly non non-stop.....to many close calls missing next planes!

Last year my family and I flew airtran for the first time. We booked a non-stop flight from Boston to Orlando. I booked the flight many months in advance to assure that I got the non-stop flight and time that I wanted. About a month from our trip departure I got an email stating that not only had our departure timed changed, we were no longer non-stop. I was not happy to say the least. Luckily, the customer service rep at airtran let us change our flight and repick seats so that our family was still sitting together..I actually could have changed my departure day if I wanted but choose not to. However if the flight that we moved to was more crowded, I'm sure we wouldn't have been so lucky! I am sure that it helped that we were traveling on a Tuesday. The flight was great. Enjoyed the amenities of the flight, but I don't know if I would fly them again. I like to have my trip planned and organized months in advance and to have to deal with that was just too stressful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter