• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AirTran Now Charging For First Checked Bag??

JustMe+Three

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this is a rumor. I am too scatterbrained right now to think clearly, but am worried about this. I thought that each ticketed passenger got one free bag checked, and the second bag was when they charged?

My mom called the other night and said that she was hearing that AirTran is now charging for the first checked bag as well.

Anyone know??? :eek:

Thanks!

According to there website, they STILL have the first bag checked free. We plan on flying out from Detroit so I check in with rates, schedules daily! It'll be awhile before we can book anything, but I like to "know everything" and be prepared now. AirTran always seems to have the best price though. Rest assured, I'm sure it's a rumor....:thumbsup2

i just read that they were upping some of the fees for overweight and SECOND bags, but nothing about charging for first bags.

here is a quote from the airtran site.....

Through September 17, 2008, the charge for a second checked bag will be $10 when paid using Online Check-In or $20 when paid at the airport kiosks and ticket counter. Effective September 18, 2008, for reservations booked on August 14 or later, the charge for a second checked bag will be $25.

So I guess they are doing away with the online booking discount for the 2nd bag. I know I will re-think traveling Airtran with that fee and the reserved seat fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter